Final Fantasy - Boys game, or Girls game?

Unisex Geek games :D the one they tried to aim at girls ( X-2 ) sucked more then anything. go back to being unisex. and stop trying to make us Kawaii girls suffer playing as women!!! WE WANT MEN YO!!! and the men want classy big boobied co-women allong with them!!!

FFX2 wasn't THAT bad...true, FFX is 100 times better, but I still kinda like FFX2.

I was a deprived child. I never had a doll. Probably why I like it so much, was the first doll I had

-Mod edit-

Lets try to keep this on topic please, thanks :3

Last edited by a moderator:
FFX2 wasn't THAT bad...true, FFX is 100 times better, but I still kinda like FFX2.

I was a deprived child. I never had a doll. Probably why I like it so much, was the first doll I had

You poor child you must of been really deprived to enjoy FF X-2 i bet some countries use it as a form of punishment haha :P

And on topic FF to me is a lad's game mainly cause i know no females who play it....i don't know many females in general ;'(

Final Fantasy is definitely not geared toward one sex or the other. There is an element in all the games that could appeal to anyone. Since VII is the one I have played and beaten the most, I'll use that one for my examples. Obviously there is action and puzzles to solve, but there is also comedy, at least Barret provided me with comedy, and then there is romance. Most final fantasies are the same way, though some might be lacking in the comedy department.

*ya know what? who cares? as long as its a cool game to play! this shit aint even worth talking about!? anybody can be in a final fantasy,girl, boy, gay, tomboy,anything can be a monster, any plot can be executed, you aint got nothin to worry bout just enjoy the game! :D

It is neither a boys game nor a girls game. I know plenty of boys and girls who like FF. I also know plenty of boys and girls who hate FF. So really you can't call Final Fantasy a 'single sex' game or whatever.
*ya know what? who cares? as long as its a cool game to play! this shit aint even worth talking about!? anybody can be in a final fantasy,girl, boy, gay, tomboy,anything can be a monster, any plot can be executed, you aint got nothin to worry bout just enjoy the game!
biggrin1.gif
What he said.....

Neither. It is for any person who enjoys RPG's with deep or crazy storylines, deep or crazy characters, awesome music, great gameplay.

If it is considered that more boys play the games then that would be because more boys play games in general, but really, though I don't know any personally, I know that lots of girls love Final Fantasy and games in general, and find Final Fantasy just as appealing to them as we men do.

It's unisex. The reason why you don't see so many girls play FF is because most of them rather go out with boys and go shopping.
Final Fantasy games are for both lads and lassies, I don't see it in any different way.

It's unisex. The reason why you don't see so many girls play FF is because most of them rather go out with boys and go shopping.
Final Fantasy games are for both lads and lassies, I don't see it in any different way.

Yes, sadly, a majority of females are more interested in spending money, and going shopping. I hate stereotypes, but that one is generally true.

Rarely are any games ever geared to a specific gender. It would limit the makers chance of profiting. True, X-2 only had female characters, but it was still playable by anyone. Especially those who wanted to find out more about what happened to Tidus. I think SE got away with such a girly version of FF because of that alone. Otherwise, I would have been extremely hesitant to play it, let alone beat it with a high enough completion percentage to get the 'good' ending.

The FF series has something for everyone, both male and female. The action/adventure part of it can appeal to both, as well as the romance/storyline aspect of it can (even though I can see the girls liking the romance more xD)

In general, not a lot of girls play anytype of video game. I know there are quite a lot of girls on the forum that do, but at the same time there are alot of girls out there who see gaming as a "guy" thing. Lots of my friends do at least. I don't think that it has anything to do with FF being a male-oriented series, because it definately isn't.

Rarely are any games ever geared to a specific gender. It would limit the makers chance of profiting.

I thought that, until I played Gears of War! The manliest game in existence! That did really well. But that is an extreme example. I'm sure they might be some women out there that liked this game though.

On the whole, yeah games are mainly aimed at, not genders, but types of gamers instead. RPG's are aimed at RPG'ers, Shooters are aimed at Shooter fans, Fighter's are aimed at Fighter fans and Racers are aimed at Racer fans.

So Final Fantasy, on the whole, is aimed at anyone who enjoys playing RPG's and I'd say the female gaming community is stronger within the genre of RPG's than shooters anyway. Theres something in RPG's that appeals to girls as well as boys.

Boys get to slay dragons and and kick ass, and girls get to see romantic story lines develop, and get to cheer on the female leads. And... it's always just as possible that sometimes girls like to slay dragons and boys like to see romantic stories develop... So yeah, something appeals to everyone who enjoys RPG's in Final Fantasy.

Good point. Generally, games are aimed towards a particular genre. Makes much more sense than anything. God, where would we be if game developers aimed their games towards a certain sex? Ugh...

I actually loved GoW. And I love FPS games. And I love horror, blood and guts! So, I guess I'm not the typical female. I enjoy every aspect of RPGs, from the fighting style, to the story line (whether or not it involves romance), to the design as a whole, to the musical score involved.

I think it depends on two things: elements that would naturally attract one gender more than the other (romance, action, etc) and difficulty/complexity. X is easier and has a good deal of romance, so I think it's more of a girl's game. VIII also has romance, but it's complex and kind of all over the place, so I view it as more of a guy's game. XII is about equal with both genders, and I'd think VII is too. And so on, and so forth.

I would say it is for both genders. A male friend said horror is for guys, but i love horror. Just do want you want, why should anyone else care?

There is no such thing as a boy's or a girl's game. Yes, you can even have a guy playing some Barbie game--if you can imagine it. Perhaps the creators might have had a particular audience in mind, if that's what you mean, but that doesn't mean the other gender can't play that game, and if it didn't turn out the way they wanted it to, then they shouldn't complain about it. At least it's better than no audience.

Id have to say it depends on the FF title your playing, theres something for everyones tastes really, I'd say FF7, FFT and FF10 are a little more aimed at a male dominated audience, FF8 and FF9 seem to be a little bit more about emotions and appeal more to the female audience, but that being said I feel both genders can equally enjoy all the FF titles, Its down to someones ability to think outside the box more than anything...

in my opinion its a unisex games for both it just depends on what type of person you are like most of my friends detest FF and RPG but sum of em love RPGs and alot of them are girls soo it just depends on the type of person.....

FF is targeted to both audiences.
Yes the girls are scantily clad for males ;)
but the story and love interests attract girls to the games because they like that sort of stuff :)

I think Final Fantasy most are for boys but since there are so much love in Final Fantasy it look like girls are in too :)

i think its for both sides
no one gamer should ever put a gender sticker on a game
so i think its for everyone ^.^

Back