Final Fantasy - Beyond the Main Series

WhiteKnight

ShinRa Guard
Gil
What games outside of the main series (Final Fantasy I through Final Fantasy XIV) of Final Fantasy do you enjoy the most?

I would make a poll but I'm sure I'd miss some and then be chastised over it

Final Fantasy Tactics Series (PS, GBA, DS)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (GC, DS, Wii)
Final Fantasy Main series sequels (X-2, XII: Revenant Wings)
Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light (DS)

Which do you feel are the most worthy of being purchased and played and which should be held off for awhile?

The Tactics games. Those are better than the mothership titles, especially War of the Lions. I've enjoyed each of the Tactics games immensely, they provide more hours of highly addicting gameplay with an actual learning curve, something painfully lacking in the mothership titles, and in the case of WotL, a far superior story as well. Strategy RPGs are one of my favourite genres of games, and each game in the Tactics series is a shining example of a good SRPG. These are more worth your time than any of the main series.

Crisis core is win my first FF And I love it.. dissidia is also epic win.... i'm gonna get tatics on psp cuz everybody says that it amazing soo might as well try it XD

I very much like X-2 and XII: Revenant Wings. I think they have some of the best stories in the series but are underrated because they're not a main title AND XII sequel was on the DS when it's first title was PS2.

The 4 heroes of light. It just has this old NES FF feeling. The battle system is great and it has the party class system from FF3 and FF5. Though people look down upon it, because it looks cutesy. -__-

Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced, Wonderful game. I adored recruiting new people, learning abilities from equipment, and mastering different jobs. There are so many missions and 3/4 of the time I was simply running around looking for random engagements and timing the days so I'll benefit from the laws.
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles for the DS. I had fun creating items, but the game itself was lacking a bit. I spent a ton of time leveling up my mage and little alchemist.
I also got the second game but I got the Wii version. Highly regrettable. The screens are way too small to see anything. If you played it for the Wii you know what I'm talking about.
I'm currently playing the after years and the prelude for Final Fantasy IV for the PSP. It's amazing. :D
I want to get Revenant wings for the DS. It looks pretty cool.
Oh yeah, I forgot about Dissidia! Finished everything in the first game, I only needed to collect more megalixirs to get everyone their best equipment. I started 012, but I really don't like playing it for the looooooong story. It's a shame only my level from the last game transfered over. I wish my items stayed like the genji set.

The Tactics games. Those are better than the mothership titles, especially War of the Lions. I've enjoyed each of the Tactics games immensely, they provide more hours of highly addicting gameplay with an actual learning curve, something painfully lacking in the mothership titles, and in the case of WotL, a far superior story as well. Strategy RPGs are one of my favourite genres of games, and each game in the Tactics series is a shining example of a good SRPG. These are more worth your time than any of the main series.

This. After playing War of the Lions when i was little not once have I ever enjoyed any of the main ff titles the same way. Tactics got me into strategy and it really delivered in both story AND gameplay, something not many games can do. The tactics series also is very replayable. With any of the fft games I can just pick it right up and play, whether it's from the beginning or during a save file where I've beaten the game.

So even after experiencing FFT(wotl) I still haven't played an rpg that is up to that standard. Not even it's sequels can stand up much against the original. I find that FFT was definitely a true final fantasy game and is more deserving of being a numbered game than some of the actual numbered games themselves.

Back