Final Fantasy and Sony Playstation

GabrielleTheLost

ShinRa Guard
Gil
I was not sure what to name this topic because it is more of a question/opinion sort of thing and something I noticed and me and my sister have been talking about involving FF and playstation.

I guess I noticed it when people who own a DS complain about certain titles not coming to the DS and would rather have them on DS over PSP.

I personally like the PSP but I am going to try to not be biased here... ;o my reason for bringing this up is because well, it makes sense. Every numbered FF game (i checked) from 1 through 13 is on Sony platforms. My point you ask? Why would a Final Fantasy fan NOT own a PSP? Do any FF fans on here not own one? If so, why not?

My point being like I said every numbered FF game is on one playstation or another and I am just having trouble understanding why someone who is a fan of a series not get a PSP seeing the great chance that there will be certain FF titles on there that wont come to the DS. I actually have a DS but it does not really work all the time, not sure whats wrong with it but i was on amazon.com and saw FF for it on there and my sister prefers the PSP remake of IV over the DS remake and it just got me thinking about a bunch of other random stuff... FF IV is a game I want now xD

Anyway, do any FF fans not own a PSP? Do any FF fans hate Playstation in general? It just seems kind of odd to me and I want to understand it because FF has been a main PS franchise since... well, before i was born'd ;o

One of my friends who got a Xbox 360 got FF 13 and liked it, ended up going out and buying a PS2 to play all the other games...

Dunno, am I weird? Not trying to be a Sony fangirl or biased its just like... you like FF? Playstation has it... all of it as far as the main series is concerned.

Also, opinions on Crisis core? =D It looks fun ;D

Well, long before you and I were born'd the first 6 final fantasies came out on nintendo consoles. The series switched to sony's playstation with FF7 because of disks being able to hold more information. And it was all smooth sailing from there. The FFs you mention seem to be remakes of the older games for the sony and nintendo consoles. So loyalty to Sony consoles just because they have FF games is not much of an issue for me.

It's just games. I don't own a psp because I choose not to and because I'm poor :sad3:. I own all of the first 6 FFs, excluding V, on Gameboy and DS, Nintendo Consoles and the rest on Sony consoles. I play FFs for the experience, not the console.

I do prefer Praystation as my console bias but for other reasons.~

That is true I was completely aware of the first 6... well, minus the real FF 3. I just mean that the fact that all of the main series of FF exists on the playstation platform (port or not) owning a sony console would be a no brainer xD i do not neccessary mean a PSP because i did not get my PSP for final fantasy but now that i am getting into FF its a bonus. I just wondered why some people complain about it and what the reason is behind it

I don't have a psp. I don't really do portable gaming systems, I don't have a ds or anything else either. However, I would say I'm a Sony girl, because the only consoles I have are all Sony. Is it because of Final Fantasy? Well...I don't really know. Probably not.

I don't own a PSP because I never cared to own one. In fact, I never owned any portable systems until a couple of years ago when I got a DS for my birthday. It's nice to have when traveling and there are some decent games on it. By and large, I prefer consoles or PC over handheld though. I wouldn't buy a PSP just to play ports of old games that I already own on console though. Seems like a waste of money.

Back