FFX - Worth Getting?

Worth getting for the probably the most in-depth story which could lead to many a debate. :]
Characters are memorable, music makes it all the better, story is enjoyable and hits on so many topics... what's not to like?
And of course, to quote when I first played this game when it was released... "They finally have voices!"

This game is definitely worth getting because not only was the game itself good, but the replay value is incredible. It's possible to the play FFX for 100 hours and still find yourself not even close to completing all of the sidequests. The monster hunt sidequest is easily one of the most challenging and rewarding sidequests of the FF series.

It's definitely worth getting.

X is one of those games, where you get a good storyline, good sidequests, good characters, good everything. I'd highly recommend it. It's currently tied as my favourite with VII, but it might just soon become my best one since I'm really tempted to play it over again.

I didn't like the too much. The fact that they removed the leveling makes it all so.. Non-Final Fantasy resembling. The graphics are a bit poor, their mouth move before and after they're done talking. Other than that, it's a nice game. And if you enjoy games that give you drama, action and adventure. Then go for it!

Ok I saw this thread, and I believe It's a no-brainer. I had played this game over and over in a demo, and after a while decided to buy it used, for $17.99. This was a while ago, so this game is certainly cheaper to get now.

Since I bought it for so little, I've gained hundreds among hundreds of hours of entertainment. Any cons you have about the difficulty or lack of a world map I feel are so heavily outweighed by the amazing storyline, and the realistic character like Tidus, who isn't some perfect hero, and has daddy issues, and all sorts of problems, but is forced to grow up throughout the storyline, I think that a badass character isn't always a neccecity, even though this story has one anyway. (Auron)

The point is that the story is so real and immersive that you truly develop care for the characters, and that is what makes a good story.

Best 18 dollars I'll ever spend.

I'd say it's worth it. A pretty enjoyable game especially when you get near the end and you can travel a lot more. Fun side quests and it's own national sport! Can't go wrong, people.

Edit: Oh, and how could I forget the...replacement for the leveling system (didn't know what to call it, stat raising?). That was a nice breath of fresh air, getting away from the same ol' leveling system.

Last edited:
Please can people put more effort in their posts, just saying it's your first game isn't really a convincing argument, we'd like to know WHY you think it's worth getting ;D

Absolutely yes. This game is worth getting. Great music characters story names battle system. Yea.

This game is definitely worth the playthrough. Just a fair warning: It is relatively short for a Final Fantasy. On a good note, unlike some other games, this installment tends to give you a fairly good idea of where you need to go. The ability to switch out your characters is quite helpful, especially if you are not one to plan your party ahead at all times. The gameplay is rather simple to understand yet has its complex portions toward the end of the game when you begin mastering some of your characters sphere grids. Getting a "perfect save" isn't a pain in the behind either though for some things you may need to seek out the assistance of some guides. The final boss battle is challenging enough to please you but not so difficult that you have to repeat the same thing 50 times (this would depend on how much you were to train though). The storyline is a bit lovey-dovey here and there but it is quite compelling none-the-less. There are a few unexpected plot twists and turns that will keep you wanting to play a few more hours than you should just to see what happens next. All and all it's a great game and is well worth the couple bucks at your local GameStop. ^_^

I don't really like this final fantasy game, I got bored of it fairly quickly because it is just go somewhere, battle this, go into a temple, do that sphere puzzle thing (really annoying, one of the worst points in the game), go somewhere else, fight seymour, fight more, fight, fight, go somewhere else, fight seymour (again).

The story does have some plot twists, but I didn't really enjoy it, because I didn't connect with the characters enough to be saddened that much by some of the softer sides in the story, and seymour is really annoying, they overuse him. The love between yuna and tidus isn't really that interesting, and there are some really absurd moments in this game when you just can't believe what you are seeing.

It isn't interesting, it isn't fun, and the story isn't as good nearer the end, I just feel that they could have done a lot more to try to improve this game. In conclusion, then no, I do not feel that it is a game that people should consider getting.

Blitzball. That is all.

Put more effort in your post please, tell us what is so great about Blitzball that makes FFX worth getting, can't say I'd consider it a very good argument, FFX would have been better without it imo, I hated the tediousness of it

Blitzball. That is all.

LaughingOctopus, please do not spam. If you haven't read the rules yet about spamming in the post count section please do so now. Your posts will be deleted. If you continue to spam you will receive a spamming infraction. Thank you.

I totally love this game, with the exception of Blitzball, which I found irritating, purely because it was so time consuming. I'd say it was worth getting, because I think the story is an interesting one, and I don't think it's like any of the other FF storylines

*edits thread title* this is the FFX Section Aztec =P

Anyway, X is definatly worth it - the japanese knew what they were talking about when they voted it "The greatest game of all time"

It has great music, story, and the battle system is <3

I agree with you 100% on that.Not only that but the video graphics are amazing.Almost as good as Assassin's Creed.I definatly think anyone should get this game

Back