FFX-3, FFX-2, FFX - (The Compililation Discussion)

Something else is bothering me.

The bonus audio claims that it's a big deal because there are "two shoopufs" in the Moonflow, and only one is supposed to remain in all of Spira because Sin killed off its mate.

I'm playing X-2 right now and 2 shoopufs appear in the Oasis of Bikanel desert when you go off to find Lobivia in the Cactuar missions. On top of the one in the Moonflow, that's at least 3.

The bonus audio claims that it's a big deal because there are "two shoopufs" in the Moonflow, and only one is supposed to remain in all of Spira because Sin killed off its mate.

I'm playing X-2 right now and 2 shoopufs appear in the Oasis of Bikanel desert when you go off to find Lobivia in the Cactuar missions. On top of the one in the Moonflow, that's at least 3.

I never remember them saying there was only one left in the games :hmmm: All I really remember is them talking about how Ject was drunk and slashed the one that still works at the moonflow area. :hmm:

All the more reason not to take the drama seriously in any way. There are heaps of Shoopufs in the Bikanel desert, you see then in the central expanse and the southern expanse as well.

When I first heard the news of the possibility of X-3, I was pretty much crossing my fingers hoping that Square wasn't actually considering doing such a thing. X-2 & Last Mission tied many loose ends and closed the X/X-2 story incredibly well. It provided fans with enough closure whether or not you were into the relationship between Yuna and Tidus or only just cared about the fate of Spira.

The fact that X-3 is going to somehow revolve around the idea of people's darkest wishes or passions resurrect beings such as Shoopufs and even Sin (what?) is insane. It's such a shaky concept for a Final Fantasy game to revolve around. The whole relationship between Yuna and Tidus in X-3 is so needlessly dramatic and messed up on top of that. The guy was made real by Yuna's love, Yuna practically combs Spira to save Tidus in X-2, and then suddenly their relationship devolves into some typical teenage relationship with the littlest problems separating them.

Come on, Square. Don't make a X-3 :)

that bit about the one shoopuff was just utter bollocks. anyone thats played the games knows theres more than one... and everyone listening to that audio has played the bloody games! its almost as though they think the fan base is stupid..

mind you, maybe we are, we all keep going out spending our money on games we already own :gonk:

The whole relationship between Yuna and Tidus in X-3 is so needlessly dramatic and messed up on top of that. The guy was made real by Yuna's love, Yuna practically combs Spira to save Tidus in X-2, and then suddenly their relationship devolves into some typical teenage relationship with the littlest problems separating them.

Come on, Square. Don't make a X-3 :)

Yeah I agree. It would sort of ruin it if they reverted to that. X was really heartfelt, and X-2 was really a feel good game at heart. Pointless overdone drama would be kinda inappropriate with their personalities and what Yuna actually went through. To be honest I wanted to see more out of Yuna and Tidus after the events of the game. If they went ahead and made an X-3 they really need to leave their relationship alone and keep them happy, focus on someone else.

Resurrecting Sin would also be a redundant idea if they went down that route. The plot of X was filled with such a fantastic story, lots of history and a great resolve; we don't need more of it after the events that took place. In fact unless there's more action than a story to understand, reusing a villain is usually a boring idea. It's the whole reason I'm not bothering with the Assassin's Creed games anymore, Godzilla Juno and the templars, same story, yawn!

To be honest with you, I didn't even know that we were getting an X-3. FFX is a very well done game even though it was linear, FFX-2 was a good game but it was mostly fanservice and it derailed Yuna's and Rikku's character respectively and now FFX-3 wants to revive Sin? What in the world is going on here?

I'm really hoping FFX-3 doesn't come into fruition, espically after that god awful novel and audio drama that was painful to listen to.

If their is an FFX-3, it needs to completely disregard the novel and the audio drama and it has to be something unique and interesting. Not something ridiculous like Sin coming back despite it needing a host and Yu Yevon to exist.

All this just makes me wanna go sit in the corner and cry. I find this possible x-3 a big mistake, they should have just left the story how it ended with X-2. Resurrecting sin makes me feel like all I've achieved in X is lost. I read somewhere that they wanted to bring him back because sin was an iconic character to the story, like Sephiroth was to VII. I don't know about you guys, but I couldn't even compare the two characters on one line. I mean there is a person, and there is something summoned by Yu Yevon. Also, if sin is back, would that mean the return of the aeons, the temple and dream Zanarkand with all the people in it? Ah, I just don't like the idea.

^ What they are going to revive Sin? What an awesome way to ruin the point of the first game. [/sarcasm] Seriously, one of the main themes of the first game is religion can be used as a tool to gain power and how the the church uses the fear of sin to maintain this power. It also deconstructs the hope bringer where the summoners needlessly sacrificing themselves to become the final aeon to 'defeat' Sin ironically becoming Sin themselves. It perpetuated the cycle of death that occurred in Spira and the heroes after learning the truth found another to defeat Sin that didn't involve needless death. Why would they bring back the very thing that caused the trouble in the first place?

I honestly don't think they would make another Final Fantasy X sequel. They teased fans for a long time with a Final Fantasy 7 remake, and it never happened.

I hope they are teasing as far as a Final Fantasy X-3 goes, because I don't want there to be another sequel. It doesn't need one.

I'm summoning this thread back from the Farplane to say that for better or worse, I thought Final Fantasy X-2 was pretty essential to my life. I hated that the game had such a cheap, garbled plot and that you absolutely could not see the extra ending cutscenes without the guidebook (no rational player would press X while Tidus is whistling in the Farplane, and I actually proved that the guidebook was wrong, that you have to play two games back to back, choosing both Factions, to get the final 100%).

BUT I thought the emotions in the game were essential to the story. The scenes where Yuna is thinking back on Tidus are scenes that are integral for me, and create an atmosphere that I couldn't have lived without seeing. I thought the story should have actually contained at least some sort of subplot that had Yuna fighting to get Tidus back, and I thought that the Fayth boy saying "Oh, you've done so much for us, I'll give you Tidus back, want some fries with that?" was such a cheap throw-in. But at least seeing that cutscene where they're united again, I'm absolutely glad it happened.

I mean really, thinking that these two never ended up together again, it's too heartbreaking. Oh, and Final Fantasy X-2 introduced me to Jade Villalon, who is a fantastic singer and songwriter in real life.

Now, that Final Fantasy X-3 story is absolutely ridiculous, and is worse than a Walking Dead episode plot. I believe the writers of Walking Dead Season 2 wrote it. That's how bad it is. Yuna actually breaking up with Tidus? Tidus cheating? No way. There's no logical way that the people in Spira change that much with Sin being gone 5 years or so. The whole purpose of Final Fantasy X-2 was showing that Yuna's personality never really changed no matter how many thighs she wanted to show off.

In fact, I loved the scene near the very end where Yuna stomps around Vegnagun and gives a monologue much like her monologue facing Yunalesca, and I thought her voice actress was brilliant in the fact that after putting on so much more of a confident attitude in Yuna's voice throughout the game, that she brought back Yuna's stuttered, incredibly shy speaking style to show that her insecurities never really went away.

(In fact, I hate how so many people believe that Yuna's voice acting in FFX was 'bad'. Hedy Burress is fantastic, and she gave Yuna a stuttered, oddly unrythmic speaking style throughout FFX to show just how nervously shy the character was, and how beaten by life she was, as though every word she spoke was an attempt to break free from some sort of cage. It's really something to see how she goes back and forth between this style in FFX-2 right when Yuna feels her weakest.)

Anyway, ridiculous.

the best ffx-3 would have been a prequel. They should have had a 20 min - 30 ish minute opener where they showed the history of Spira and its transition from 100 years in the past ( real zanarkand ) to how it became the way it was. COuld have touched on all the people who sacrificed themselves to become aeons and then transition to focused on jett. Then we could start with jett in a blitzball game where they teach you the rules and controls right off the bat. At the end of the match win or loose another video of jett with tidus and his wife then he goes out to train and show us how he got sucked into spira. Would be an epic scene to see jett out in the middle of the sea training and sins gigantic body appear from the deep and swallow him ( it would work to because sin could swallow jet and put him in spira but not attack until tidus in ff10 kinda deal so it would fit the story line). The obviously follow jet, auron and braska on their journey it would allow us to see tidus as a kid, yuna as a kid it could touch on wakka rikku and the gang growing up along the way as braska meets cid and others as they were younger. The list goes on. That would have been epic imo.

There is a part in Final Fantasy X where Auron says to Braska and Jecht that Sin will always come back, and that their deaths will be meaningless. This could be also a hint to why Sin would return in Final Fantasy X-3.

There is a part in Final Fantasy X where Auron says to Braska and Jecht that Sin will always come back, and that their deaths will be meaningless. This could be also a hint to why Sin would return in Final Fantasy X-3.

This was before the events of X, and he said that once he learned what the Final Aeon really was, and what happens to the person that becomes the Final Aeon.
After the events of X there should have been no more sin, since they actually went and defeated Yu Yevon and not just the shell, and having Yu Yevon use the aeon to create Sin again, basically making Sin an Aeon.

This was before the events of X, and he said that once he learned what the Final Aeon really was, and what happens to the person that becomes the Final Aeon.
After the events of X there should have been no more sin, since they actually went and defeated Yu Yevon and not just the shell, and having Yu Yevon use the aeon to create Sin again, basically making Sin an Aeon.

Sin was defeated in Final Fantasy X and Yu Yevon was defeated in Final Fantasy X-2. In order for Sin to come back Yu Yevon has to be alive. So, how did Yu Yevon came back to Spira? Was he revived by someone or something?

Sin was defeated in Final Fantasy X and Yu Yevon was defeated in Final Fantasy X-2. In order for Sin to come back Yu Yevon has to be alive. So, how did Yu Yevon came back to Spira? Was he revived by someone or something?

Yu Yevon was killed in X.... but that is what I am getting at, X-3 or whatever you want to call it has no point and no sense... Granted I don't think Square is going do anything with the Audio they threw into the HD versions of X/X-2, but still to even have it was pointless...

Yu Yevon was killed in X.... but that is what I am getting at, X-3 or whatever you want to call it has no point and no sense... Granted I don't think Square is going do anything with the Audio they threw into the HD versions of X/X-2, but still to even have it was pointless...

So why would Square Enix want to make a third part of the game? What would the game storyline be about? Could it be that they are trying to make a game showing us how Sin was created? At what period of time did it happened? Why he was created?, etc.

So why would Square Enix want to make a third part of the game? What would the game storyline be about? Could it be that they are trying to make a game showing us how Sin was created? At what period of time did it happened? Why he was created?, etc.

That would be one of only very, very few ideas that I don't think would be disasterous for the plotline of X/X-2. Granted, X-2's plot was already kind of a silly mess. But we don't need another one. Showing the origins of Sin might be interesting. Another one would be a game that focuses on Braska's pilgrimage. That has always intrigued me, since Braska, Jecht, and Auron are all rather dynamic and interesting characters. I started writing a fanfiction about it a long time ago even.

Heck, they could even fuse both of those stories together, having players play through Braska's pilgrimage, and using Jecht in some way to explore the origins of Sin (since Jecht is from the time when Sin was first created). The fact that we know how their story ends would give it a lot of heartwrenching moments. Meanwhile, the creation of Sin could be a dark plot point, and be used as a reflection of Spira. In X, they say that Sin was created by Yu Yevon (and the summoners who become the Fayth) in old Zanarkand, during their war with Bevelle. The spirit energy that is released when people die (Pyreflies) fuel the rebirth of the next Sin. So every person Sin kills further ensures that it can always be reborn (barring Yu Yevon and the Fayth dying of course). Basically, death is split up into three camps:

1. People who die and are absorbed by Yu Yevon/Sin before they can be Sent. These people are also used in the creation of the next Sin when it 'dies'.

2. People who die and are not absorbed by Sin. These turn into fiends, and when those fiends die, the cycle repeats until they're either absorbed by Sin, or they're Sent.

3. People who're Sent after they die. These people cannot be absorbed to create another Sin, but their spirit also cannot be used to create more human life.

The idea is that -since Yu Yevon lost control of Sin over time- humans are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Sending the dead means fewer people can be reborn, which eventually means the world won't have enough spirit energy left to create new human life, guaranteeing that humanity will essentially wipe itself out by trying to avoid the creation of new fiends and Sin. The story could make clear that early Spira (post the creation of the first Sin) realizes that Sin is created using the spirit energy of the dead. This causes them to create a way to Send people to the Farplane. But in order to not cause panic, Yevon/Bevelle hides the fact that Sin is reborn from the spirits of the dead, and the secret eventually dies buried deep within the annals of their forbidden history. It also allows them to hide the fact that their war is what forced the creation of Sin in the first place. They however never understood that Sending people makes things worse.

That sort of thing is the only way I can see another game in the story of X working anyway; basically just something that explores, explains, and fleshes out things that already exists.

Last edited:
Showing the origins of Sin might be interesting. Another one would be a game that focuses on Braska's pilgrimage. That has always intrigued me, since Braska, Jecht, and Auron are all rather dynamic and interesting characters. I started writing a fanfiction about it a long time ago even.
I would absolutely love to follow Braska's pilgrimage. Yeah, we know key points of their travels, but who's to say many other events didn't happen. Really, one could fill in those holes however they wanted to, as long as it fit into the overall story. I would love to hear about any secondary adventures, and/or any other goals they may have had.

Back