FFVII - Worth Getting?

Yeeeeaaahh....the answer should be rather obvious by now and that is Final Fantasy VII is definitely worth getting. I owe my video gaming life to that game. It led me to the other games of the series and other RPGs. So, yeah. GET IT~! X3

Agreed. FINAL FANTASY VII, Spyro and the first football game for the play-station is literally what sold the PS back in the 90's.

VII's storyline and graphics were obviously mind-blowing, otherwise people wouldn't have said it was one of the best games ever made (along with Zelda and Mario).

Whether or not you let the newer installments for the story cloud your judgment for the game, you have to actually sit yourself down and realize that VII--by itself--was an amazing game. It spoke volumes to people with it's storyline, graphics and characters.

In my opinion, the actually game is completely different then what is painted for the viewers nowadays when we get the newer installments such as CRISIS CORE, BEFORE CRISIS, DIRGE OF CERBERUS, etc.

If I didn't love VII before all of these newer bullcrap installments, I myself would think badly of VII too. But, luckily, I already fell in love with VII for it's greatness a long time ago.

So, yes, in my opinion, FINAL FANTASY VII is completely worth getting.

It's touching, intriguing, funny, serious and a great game to play and discuss with friends. The music doesn't start off awesome and then after 10 minutes forces you to want to rip your hair out because of how annoying it's gotten. It has you humming with it through the whole song.
The graphics...well, they're not all that good anymore. But back in the day THAT was mind-blowing. Who doesn't like old-school graphics?

And lets be honest with ourselves, it's obvious the characters are good. Otherwise people wouldn't have themselves so intrigued with them.

And it's kinda sad to see original fans let newer rabids chase them away from liking such an awesome game like VII.

I would suggest this game to old and new gamers. I'd suggest it to friends who don't even play games. That's how awesome of a game it is.

You ask if the title is worth getting? I say yes, for me final Fantasy 7 is the best of the entire series, it has simply everything, Story, unique Characters etc. for the time the graphics were outstanding, even today I think the FMV´s look good. Its my favorite and Id recommend it anyday. Luckily FF7 was still free from all the atrocious gameplay mechanics that plaque some newer titles, however it has the materia system, which was unique and still is, I think its awesome how you can level up the materia and totally manhandle bosses with them, The Story is so engrossing, you relly dont know whats gonna happen next, for me this game is the absolute pinnacle of RPG games in general

Last edited:
This game is definately worth getting even if your not use to the final fantasy series. This was and still is one of the best rpgs of the past, the storyline, characters, mini games, world, areas and even the battle system is all what pulls you to the game. Everything about it was so new back then and tbh there hasnt been a rpg which has come close to what this game brought to us or acomplished.

The bad guy to this day is one of the most favourite ones. Sephiroth was a truely amazing bad guy, he oozed everything you wanted from one and you even became to like him at some points.

I think this game is something which will never die because if you ask people on a forum just like this one what game they remembed the most from the ps1 it would be this one. It made the whole rpg scene take off and every single person who played it will remember the time
aerith died or when nanakis grandad dies or the most one which would have shocked is finding out all about clouds past
those few things i have stated are just half of what this game entails there is something for everyone, something for everyone to relate to, loss, love, friendship and even bad times and struggles. It truely is a amazing rpg.

anyone who wants rpgs to play will love this game IF they can get past the old age graphics, that is the other thing it is lacking.

This is arguably the best game ever created in the history of games. And it holds a very special place in my heart. To ask if this game is worth getting is an insult to Final Fantasy imo.

Lol this is a silly thread for the FFVII sub-fourm:P
obviously its worth getting lol it put the FF series on the Video game map
This game has everything
Epic story with :gonk: momments
Iconic Chars
Tight gameplay
And a Black Dude with a machine gun on his arm

what else do you want in a game?

Lol this is a silly thread for the FFVII sub-fourm:P
obviously its worth getting lol it put the FF series on the Video game map
This game has everything
Epic story with :gonk: momments
Iconic Chars
Tight gameplay
And a Black Dude with a machine gun on his arm

what else do you want in a game?

A fat, evil Queen and a monkey that can destroy a whole planet? ;)

But, yeah. You have to buy FF7...it brought me into the FF universe, even though it isn't the best of the lot imo. It's a must play for anyone.

I would love to see a remake for this game. I loved it over and over and seeing Cloud in it would be great. That little remake of the intro on the PS3 made me very excited and as long as it looks like that, I would love it.

The only thing is that I don't want them changing anything with the story. I want the story to stay the way it is. Too many remakes change the story and make it worse. Just keep it the way it is and I will definitely buy it.

I mean adding Advent Children as a playable extra isn't a bad decision....:wacky:

FF7 is definitely a good game from the series; but I think compared to more modern games, it's not as good (graphics etc) =/. But was the best at the time and is still good now, character individuality and expandable storyline etc =). Worth buying if you actually think your gonna play it a lot. I bought it twice, the first set of discs broke xD

It's one of the greats and the soundtrack is still the best I've ever heard. It was the little things that made VII great. Some of the most numerous, interesting, and varied towns on a world map. especially for the ps1 era. Something that VIII and IX skimped on in favor of the plot and main characters.

I still love loading up my endgame file and just wandering around.

Let's put it this way I have played most Final Fantasy's and VII wans't my first I think VIII was then I went to IX then VI and then VII, I think that VII just fit's my personality really I do love the game! It is my favortie all time game and that includes all the Modern game's including Final Fantasy XIII!!!

* VI-6, VII-7, VIII-8, IX-9 and XIII-13!!

** Just had to do that for a laugh ^^ :)

I got it for like 10 bucks on PSN. Best buy in my life I think. Greatest game ever made.

i think its definatly worth its weight in time consumed. Soo much fun, an its my number #1

Would definitely recommend buying. If you have a PSP or PS3 then get it on the PSN otherwise I'd go for the PC Version. You can always use the mods made by some of the geniuses and play it with some good improvements to graphic and sounds. Sidetracked a little there but this game has had such an impact on me, 12 years on and despite it being outdated in terms of graphics and so forth, it's still no.1

My advice would be, get it. It's definitely worth it. Personally, I haven't actually beat it yet (i know, shame on me) but I already the entire story behind it, and that's what drew me to getting the game in the first place. Final Fantasy is one of my favorite game series (Zelda FTW btw :D) and I certainly believe that any and all FF are worth, because it's FF and FF has a tendency to just leave wanting for more.

You should get it, even if it isnt a favorite, it is one of the games that revolutionized RPGS as we know them. Every serious gamer should have a copy as it was just so awesome :P

In my opinion "FFVII" is the best game thay I've ever played. Especially is main FFVII.

Last edited:
In my case it's definately worth it............

However,if you know/have seen aeris getting stabbed by sephiroth,then I'm sorry you won't enjoy this game as musch but will still LOVE it.........

I mean when I played this I knew Aeris was going to die..............:confused:

I saw the scene like a million times on youtube :wacky: ..........but at that time aeris didn't mean shit to me!

However when you play this game you develop a strong bond with all of the characters...........

And once aeris dies unexpectly that's when it touches your heart...........:wtf:

I would have to say yes, Final Fantasy VII is definitely worth getting. I first saw Final Fantasy VII (at the time, the first Final Fantasy I have ever seen) in 1998 when I watched my friend play it on computer. The same day or week (I can`t remember), me and my brother got the PlayStation version of FFVII and I watched my brother play it. I watched my brother play FFVII off and on for about 5 years until he beat it, he is the only person I know to have done everything in FFVII. Once he was done I started playing it and kept playing it off and on until I finally beat the game myself in 2007. Final Fantasy VII is the only game I have ever played that has stuck with me for the rest of my life. Final Fantasy VII on PlayStation network is the cheapest way to go at about $9.99 but those looking for a physical copy can find one on www.amazon.com or possibly at a local used game dealer but you may need some serious cash. Be warned, for a new physical copy they usually cost between $100-$200 .This game is now one of my most prized possessions for how increasingly rare physical copies of FFVII are getting.

Ok hands down my favorite Final fantasy...I have beaten 7,8,9,10 and 12...And when i get my ps3 i will continue to rampage. I also have beaten 3 and 4 on nintendo DS. But its my favorite because it was my first FF. I belive that the only thing it lacks is the graphics due to it being on an older system.... But in my opnion copared to other final fantasys.... Coolest characters...most sinister villains...very expansive with ruby and emerald and hidden things.... AND WHO DOESNT LOVE THE MATERIA??? I may be one of the few who think that is by far the coolest way to equipped to characters...by the way i will add that the story kept me hooked even without voices and the music was very nice....my favorite was in the rocket meeting cid. I love final fantasy and this one takes the cake in my list.

Back