SPOILERS FFVII Remake Spoiler Discussion Thread

Vivi-Gamer

Veteran
Gil
Vivi
Having just beat the game there is a lot I want to discuss but I can't exactly post on the general discussion thread :P So I made this!

I'll put my comments in spoiler tags for now, as the game is still in it's month of launch but I won't be holding back on spoilers to prior games like the original FFVII & the compilation project. So I advise you really only join in once you've beaten the Final Fantasy Remake (Part 1)

Still here? Alright lets talk about the conclusion to Final Fantasy VII's Remake and what it implies about the original experience! I went into this game open minded, claiming it was an adaptation and open to it deviating from the original games experience - when expanding a game from 5-7 hours to a 40+ hour experience you can expect that. But honestly there wasn't anything TOO drastically different until you reach the end of the road...

Now, I was expecting something different, while Motorball is a cool design and the implementation of the battle in the Motorcycle section was brilliant. The adversary hardly has the presence to be the games final boss! So I was expecting something different but what I got has left me feeling very uneasy. So the game suddenly decides to break away from the narrative with a portal - which breaks beyond a lot of what we have come to expect regarding the games setting, while Final Fantasy VII's world has Materia and magic and imaginative beasts it never went into grande Sci-Fi details like Sci-Fi until now - Yes I really feel that this revelation has expanded the games (For lack of a better word) 'sense of realism' to reach the levels of Final Fantasy XIII-2's over the top nature.

The battle itself felt broken out of context, I was saying to myself as Cloud was space-jumping through strutctures of broken rubble that this is not Kingdom Hearts. The whole sequence was just way over the top and I just wasn't enjoying it. I also noted that the Whispers we fought had a similar presence to Cloud, Tifa & Barret - Also, if you read their description from using Asses it does mention about them being from the future... - Interesting that their was no Aerith or Red too, We've already seen a Whisiper extracted from Barret to maintain his fate, I wonder if that means we'll see similar situations for Cloud & Tifa... As for Aerith... I really hope not... Time-travels such a headache even when done well, why have they introduced it to Final Fantasy VII?!

Then it proceeds to the Advent Children inspired battle with Sephiroth, which admittedly was pretty cool but once again the sense of scale of the battle was just way over the top. I even thought so when watching AC originally but considered that at least Cloud had been through extreme combat circumstances which could allow the more anime inspired combat - Yet for this present moment, it just felt too much. How can you go from this to needing a Chocobo to cross a river to avoid the Midgar Zolom or struggle with some minor goblins or twig monsters? As the whole section as featured within the portal/illusion you could let it off on that basis alone, but I don't think that's entirely fair.

Then we have the scenes with Zack's past. Firstly, I think his character has been very poorly introduced for newcomers & They're not going to understand the relevance of his scene here and just be confused. Not to say I have complete grasp of what's going on but still I felt that wasn't introduced well. They use the flashback sequences as an indication that the script has changed, we see Zack rise from the battle he fell at in Crisis Core - Which in itself is confusing as the scale of the battle differs heavily from the flashback sequence we see in the original, so I am treating it as the CC version is canon. Of course, the problem now is how did Clod get the Buster Sword? The transition from Zack to Cloud was well written before but how will that continue with this alternate timeline story? - Maybe visiting Zack's Village (The one before Cosmo Canyon) will hold more importance this time around?

I'm also concerned about the big moment revolving Aerith, can you imagine if they follow the most renown moment in the Final Fantasy series with a Whisper suddenly rising from her body.... just yikes!

One of the biggest problems I had with Final Fantasy IV is the lack of consequence in death, moments that were endearing like Palom and Poroms sacrifice were belittled when they all came back at the end and I fear that the might be doing the same here.
I was all for changes, i actually quite liked that they let Wedge survive but now having Biggs & Jessie both survive due to this alternative timeline just sort of cops out in the same manner.

Also, now we've experience this change of events, will we see more of the Whispers? or did we defeat them in that encounter and that is the end of it ? Part of me says no as we have future versions of whispers reminiscent of Cloud, Barret & Tifa in the encounter so there must be a moment in time where they appear - Consider myself time-baffled :P

I think where this becomes a problem for me is that this isn't simply a Remake, this isn't simply an adaptation - which once again I said I was open to along with changes. This is literally re-treading the story and then changing it - There is a moment during the Whispers battle where Red XIII see's his future self where he is running with his cubs to look over a ruined Midgar (set 500 years after the events of the original game) and comments "A glimpse of tomorrow if we fail here today." - So is that indicating the original Final Fantasy VII we experienced is on Timeline considered a bad route and that this new route is going to be the True/Real/Canon version?!? This is what annoys me as they're now treating thew original like it is inferior or simply incorrect. I could accept an adaptation but as this version meddles with the original game and what it means that actually makes me feel uneasy.

So that's my thoughts on the experience am I interested to see where Part 2 will go, certainly but I can't help but feel they went way over the top with this ending and it does leave me a little apprehensive as to where it will lead. Curious to know what others think on t he matter and their thoughts about how this entry affects their perspective on the rest of the series.

Overall I think it was a great game, however I did start taking off stars (from 10/10) once they reached the Shinra Building. They just changed so much here and I get that they are trying to get people hooked on the lore of FF7 but I don't agree with straight up changing things. If that was the case they should have just called it a reboot or something instead of remake, since remake implies that you are simply remaking the game, not changing the lore of the game (which seems to be the direction they are heading judging from the last few hours of the game).

The battle itself felt broken out of context, I was saying to myself as Cloud was space-jumping through strutctures of broken rubble that this is not Kingdom Hearts.

This honestly didn't bother me and I thought it was fun, however it was a bit over the top. If Cloud can fly through the air and literally chop pieces of road in half with his sword what are a few locked doors stopping him for earlier in the game?

Then we have the scenes with Zack's past. Firstly, I think his character has been very poorly introduced for newcomers & They're not going to understand the relevance of his scene here and just be confused. Not to say I have complete grasp of what's going on but still I felt that wasn't introduced well. They use the flashback sequences as an indication that the script has changed, we see Zack rise from the battle he fell at in Crisis Core - Which in itself is confusing as the scale of the battle differs heavily from the flashback sequence we see in the original, so I am treating it as the CC version is canon. Of course, the problem now is how did Clod get the Buster Sword? The transition from Zack to Cloud was well written before but how will that continue with this alternate timeline story? - Maybe visiting Zack's Village (The one before Cosmo Canyon) will hold more importance this time around?

Pretty much agree with you on the alternate timelines part. The fact that they brought back Biggs and Wedge (and Jessie apparently? I missed that part) is a huge slap in the face to the original story and atleast for newcomers it takes a bit of sting out of Shinras actions of dropping the plate on Sector 7. In the original game they die and you can feel that loss when Barret freaks out and starts shooting the plate while screaming their names.

In conclusion, I wish they would have just done a simple remake with maybe changing minor things but main story points stay the same. We'll have to see how it all turns out.

/insert cool FF signature here

Vivi-Gamer said:
"The whole sequence was just way over the top and I just wasn't enjoying it. "

I felt exactly the same.

I know what the developers were trying to do here. That's give you some kind of climax and final boss so you feel you've got your £49.99's worth for purchasing the game and hide the disappointment that it only goes as far as midgar and is completable in days.

But it didn't work for me at all. Felt utterly unrealistic and over fantastical. Veered from the original storyline so much that it felt like you weren't playing FF7 any more.

That aside, the rest of the venture through midgar was quite fantastic. Especially the stunning graphics after the bombings. The freedom, interaction and sub missions that let you experience the slums and wall market in much more depth.
Roshidon said:
The fact that they brought back Biggs and Wedge (and Jessie apparently? I missed that part)

We playing the same game here? lol

Wedge and Jessie were goners, we sadly watched their deaths. Biggs barely survived and appeared badly hurt.

That aside, the rest of the venture through midgar was quite fantastic. Especially the stunning graphics after the bombings. The freedom, interaction and sub missions that let you experience the slums and wall market in much more depth.

Gonna have to agree with you here. The graphics were amazing and even the combat system is fun, which is a first for me in a while considering the last FF (non-MMO) I've enjoyed was FF10. I did the sidequests from Sector 7 and 5 so far and albeit some of them arn't very engaging, they do let you experience more of the slums than you could in the original game.

We playing the same game here? lol

Wedge and Jessie were goners, we sadly watched their deaths. Biggs barely survived and appeared badly hurt.

Wedge is actually the overweight one (yea I had those two mixed up for a while as well) and he survived and although injured, looked to be recovering. Also, there is a small scene at the end that shows Biggs lying in a bed (I think at the Leaf House) with bandages. As far as Jessie I don't know but the OP did mention she lived.

The fate of Biggs, Jessie & Wedge is an odd one.

I was confused with Biggs, as we blatantly saw him die. He was not knocked out, the scenes tone indicated he passed on along with Clouds reaction bu then we see him laying in bed Alive. On the beside table we see Jessie's Bandana and Glove (I'm not going to screenshot this as the games still in its 1st month of release) but if Biggs is now alive in this alternative timeline then why wouldn't Jessie be?

Same case goes for Wedge see see him survive the plate fall incident but later in the Shinra HQ we see the Arbiters of Fate force i'm out the building. But then characters that have died are now back anyway so I don't really have any indication.

The problem is as there is a NEW alternative reality I feel that what we experienced in Final Fantasy VII Original & Remake is both irrelevant/Non-canon to this new timeline stepping forward! As fate has been defied and characters that have died in this past are now alive we haven't experienced the NEW timeline up until this point! - Otherwise we'd no see the deaths of Big and wedge and so on... The only moment we've really experienced from the NEW timeline is actually that flash back sequence battle where Zack.

I just tried making a diagram showing what I am thinking:
ff7t timeline 2a.JPG
I hope it's just me being a silly goose in being confused but am I right in thinking that the FF7 Remake we experienced will only be experienced from the party who entered the portal? Meaning all which we experienced in the FF7 Remake was from a Timeline which has now been overwritten due to the impact of the portal battle (Defying fate) rippling back (So Biggs being alive and plenty of content we've not experienced.) So with the new timeline there is also a new past? I really don't like multi-verses...

Last edited:
Wedge is actually the overweight one (yea I had those two mixed up for a while as well) and he survived and although injured, looked to be recovering. Also, there is a small scene at the end that shows Biggs lying in a bed (I think at the Leaf House) with bandages. As far as Jessie I don't know but the OP did mention she lived.
The fate of Biggs, Jessie & Wedge is an odd one.

I was confused with Biggs, as we blatantly saw him die. He was not knocked out, the scenes tone indicated he passed on along with Clouds reaction bu then we see him laying in bed Alive. On the beside table we see Jessie's Bandana and Glove (I'm not going to screenshot this as the games still in its 1st month of release) but if Biggs is now alive in this alternative timeline then why wouldn't Jessie be?

lol, i mean wedge survived. Thanks.

Biggs and Jessie died and were left on the pillar before it exploded. I can't see any possibility in them surviving an entire plate landing on top of them.

Will have to replay the game to see that scene with Biggs on a bed of flowers. Surely it was a death bed? There can be no other possibility,

While i'm here, Just some other smaller gripes i had with it,

1) In the original there was a very beautiful moment when they escape sector 7 on a train and cloud poetically states "No one lives in the slums because they want to. It's like this train. It can only go where the tracks take it. " it showed a more sensitive side to a mercenary and alluded to the complexity of the characters. But in the remake cloud very bluntly says "Can only go where the train goes". That disappointed me coz it ruined a distinctive and beautiful moment .

2) After the bombing of sector 7, it only showed a small explosion from Avalanche, then it showed Shinra tampering with it with robots to make a huge explosion. I dont believe this was true to the orginal, the bombing was solely the work of avalanche and Barret ended up regretting it.

3) In the original, cloud and possee were held captive in cells in shinra building. They only escaped after a huge explosion suspected to have Sephiroths involvement. In the remake this was unclear what was happening, they appeared just to escape to a random room. And their release didnt seem so dramatic and captivating as the original.

Last edited:
Will have to replay the game to see that scene with Biggs on a bed of flowers. Surely it was a death bed? There can be no other possibility,

Nah it looked like he was laying on a hospital bed with a bandage wrapped around his head. On that note, we see another deviation from the original: Sephiroth stabs Barret on the top of the Shinra building but the Whispers save him. Whos to say they didn't save Biggs and Jessie?

i never felt so betrayed in my life. this is star wars all over again.

can't we just have one single Final Fantasy game without being controversial??

now there are fans telling off fans that if we want the original story, we should play the original. Despite the big selling point was to see these important key events in HD graphics.

no one has any sympathy and once again the Final Fantasy Shills come out and defend the crap out of every terrible decision

Nah it looked like he was laying on a hospital bed with a bandage wrapped around his head. On that note, we see another deviation from the original: Sephiroth stabs Barret on the top of the Shinra building but the Whispers save him. Whos to say they didn't save Biggs and Jessie?

The difference is that The Whispers are there to keep the continuity intact. They save Barret because he does not die in the OG timeline; Biggs and Jesse are dead because they have to be and the Whispers would make sure they were dead.

However - Biggs is alive (with the alleged hints to Jesse being alive too) to show that:
1. Things have changed (it's why we have a different Stamp design too)
2. That the Whispers now have NO control over what's going to happen going forward.

See I figured the different Stamp design was an alternate timeline where Zack lives. As far as Biggs surviving, that should have happened before Cloud and co. even entered the portal into Interstellar territory so I have no idea what's going on there. Unless you're saying when they came out of the portal the timeline had already been altered somehow? Man multiverses are confusing. o_O

See I figured the different Stamp design was an alternate timeline where Zack lives. As far as Biggs surviving, that should have happened before Cloud and co. even entered the portal into Interstellar territory so I have no idea what's going on there. Unless you're saying when they came out of the portal the timeline had already been altered somehow? Man multiverses are confusing. o_O

That's sort of my take on it, after the portal incident, not only was the timeline going forward changed but also the experience preceding - So all the events in the game up until the portal have been changed meaning the game we experienced is now on a different timeline to what has been forged since the portal event... I could be wrong on that! Biggs is still injured so it could have been from the Plate Fall event that could have still happened - maybe :P

The problem is with my theory is that as we have not experienced the changed timelines events up until the portal, we've not seen what has happened within that section. So I can't note any events as all the evetns we played up until that point in-game were on a seperate time line. There is barely any evidence other than Zack (Who might still not be alive, he tends to die on the clif after the Soldier battle), Biggs (He clearly died in the in-game timeline) & Stamp (We're following a different nose here! Different Dog breed).

Having finished the game last night I can say that I’m both worried and excited at the same time about the future. I’ve an odd mixture of emotions about the ending. I absolutely adored the game itself, but I have a lot to process about the ending and what it could mean going forward.

Square Enix must have balls the size of melons to do what they did at the risk of upsetting all of their fans. I’m not sure if it has worked yet, but time will tell. There is a lot resting on part 2 in revealing how they will tackle the remaining material.

About Wedge, Biggs and Jessie I’ll direct you to a post I made earlier in another thread because I’ll just be saying the same sort of thing again: https://www.finalfantasyforums.net/...ll-about-particular-things.65308/post-1129555
In short, I think it was a wrong call and they should have kept the tragedy. Deaths need to mean something.

About Sephiroth.
The implications are that Sephiroth has somehow foreseen his own death and has altered his grand plans accordingly. We might be looking at a Sephiroth who will turn out to be more difficult to defeat than last time since he has manipulated loopholes yet again and adapted to what he has learned from the Whispers. One thing he has been seen to be doing differently is using the ‘Sephiroth clones’ (numbers 49 and 2 in particular, if I recall rightly) as his vessels taking his form rather than Jenova. There might be enough Jenova in them for him to manipulate them safely from the North Crater. In the original it was Jenova herself (controlled by Sephiroth from the North Crater – where he is crystalised) who broke free from her containment and took the physical form of Sephiroth. In the Remake it is these ‘clones’ which break Jenova out of the tank and carry her off. We see that when we defeat Jenova and the body of a clone collapses. And also a clone is seen jumping off the Shinra building when a second ago it looked like Sephiroth. I don’t know what this change means or how this might help Sephiroth in his plans, but it could be significant.

About the timey-wimey stuff…
It might be possible that there are two split timelines now, as I think some of you here are suggesting. At first I presumed that Zack might be alive in this new, altered timeline. But it could mean something else. The new/altered design for Stamp on the crisp packet is only actually seen in that scene with Zack. It remains possible that there are now two timelines playing out simultaneously. The first being the world which Cloud and the party return to (with Biggs and possibly Jessie magically restored following the defeat of the Whispers). The second is a universe in which Zack has survived, and it might be possible that Aerith can sense this alternate / splinter timeline as she senses Zack walk past her just before the credits roll.

I guess we'll have to wait for part 2 and see what Stamp looks like in the timeline where Cloud and the party exist. If it looks like it did in part 1, then Zack might be in his own universe entirely. If Cloud and the party find that the design of Stamp has been altered and is now the new Stamp, then the history of Cloud and party’s timeline has been altered entirely so that Zack is alive, and therefore Stamp has never looked as we know him but now looks like the new Stamp. This could lead to some Mandela Effect themes being explored in the next part in that case. Stamp is just a minor example used as a visual identifier for a changed universe, but I’m sure there might be a few other details altered while they were away. If that's what has happened.

If Zack is now alive in the timeline we saw in the Remake though (meaning in the same timeline which Cloud and the party return to after the portal business), that’ll have serious repercussions. Cloud will get significantly more confused now if Zack is alive. Especially if he regains his own memories and remembers his death first before meeting him...

If Zack is alive, imagine this… What if in this changed history (if we’re going down that route) Cloud returns to a world where he really was a member of Soldier (though his true OG mixed memories about Zack will still be present in his head because he is the same person)? Cloud and Tifa might get extra confused realising the truth when the rest of the world this time believes otherwise. A bit of a flip. Likewise, maybe Zack finds himself in a world where nobody remembers him – maybe in this he wasn’t a Soldier, but he knows he was because he remembers it. Then him and Cloud meet.

I don’t know. I’m not sure where they are going with all of this. It might not even mean that Zack is alive. Again, it depends on what version of Stamp we see in part 2. That might help clarify whether we are now seeing a single altered timeline or two concurrent but separate timelines.

This is a translation of the Nomura, Nojima and Kitase interview about the FFVII Remake found in the recently released Ultimania.

It's a pretty interesting read and helps clarify a few things people have been wondering about about the project's direction, amongst other things.

It is only a light spoiler but I'll put it in this spoiler thread anyway. This is more of an Easter egg sort of thing.

Someone pointed this out to me on another Discord channel the other day.

IMG_20200513_111922.jpg

So Edea's circlet is in the FFVII Remake!

I remember encountering the item and read the info about it, but I didn't connect the dots.

That's a really fascinating nod to the fact that Edea was originally designed to be in FFVII instead of FFVIII. I think it is great that they added that. The amount of detail in this game is staggering.

Thanks for that interview Dionysos! It's a little confusing though to be honest. I didn't read the whole thing but near the end it states that they want to keep things close to the original, but this seems in contrast to what they have done so far. Final Fantasy VII Remake is already vastly different than the original with the whispers of fate, the ending battle with that huge monster or whatever it was, and Biggs and Wedge surviving (and possibly Jessie). TBH I feel like they just changed things to keep people interested until the whole game is released.

I was going to make a new thread about this but I thought better of it because this might all turn out to be nothing but a baloney pizza. There have been some dubious and hardly believable rumours circulating for the past couple of days about what Part 1 meant and what Part 2 might entail.

In case anyone wanted to see what is being said, here we are:
ENDING SPOILERS WITHIN

I'd take it all with a pinch of salt (or garlic might be better for a pizza).

Some aspects (a very minute some) seem plausible in the sense that some things are things I could have guessed we might see in Part 2.

As for the other stuff?
The Genesis problem is something I have heard is an issue in the past, because Genesis is Gackt the singer, and that leads to a legal tangle concerning his likeness. Having said that, there are references to G-type Soldiers in Part 1, so they haven't completely thrown that out.

The new costume part though? I'd think that would be a wind-up. Aerith in bell-bottoms and Cloud in a scarf in particular... :wacky:

I sure hope that the real Part 2 does still have Cait Sith's giant moogle doll. Riding Red XIII full-time wouldn't feel right to me. A few moments for a nice Easter egg, sure, but not beyond that. I hope.

The point about Remake Part 1 underperforming / not meeting Square Enix's expectations seems like nonsense to me. Wrapping everything up with Part 2 would be unrealistic / undesirable for most people.

So yeah. Don't take this too seriously, but it gives people an excuse to speculate on what might appear in Part 2 anyway.

I'm not really sure I believe the entirety of that rumor, and even the parts I find probably are just things that could easily be inferred and could go either way, as you said.

The Cait Sith thing, if true, is a bit disappointing. I also wanted to see the big doll, however I can understand why they would go the Red XIII route. It isn't as if it's a new concept, as he's been featured riding Red before. I don't think it would be unrealistic to include the doll but I can see how possibly Red & Cait Sith duo would compliment each other a bit better in battle in the Remake. Him being a cooperative spy to your group instead of the other way around seems a bit backwards though... but I can see them easily working around it. It would just really kinda cut back on Cait Sith's character in my opinion.

The Cid thing is really, really sad and I hope it isn't true with him just being a replaceable NPC to Chadley.

Yuffie was an interesting read, but maybe only because I haven't read much about other people's thoughts about how they think or want her story to be told in the remake. I can see this rumor turning out true but I think it's just another one of those inferred thoughts that pretty much anyone could have guessed.

:8F:Had a bit of a chuckle imagining Aerith in bell bottoms. I can kind of understand why they would want to give everyone warmer clothes, especially since it's particularly cold by the North Crater, but I don't see why it would be necessary, especially for Aerith, otherwise. It isn't like anywhere else is especially cold. That said, I better see sailor uniform options for both Red XIII and Marshmallow-Barret.

Yeah, I don't really buy into a majority of that, but it raises up some interesting theories with how things will go. Only having two parts just seems so unrealistic and terribly rushed, and I don't think the game under-performed - I don't have the numbers by any means but you'd think it would be the opposite with Corona leaving a lot of people temporarily out of work with nothing to do.[/ispoiler]

There are large elements of that email that make no sense from either a business or development standpoint.

The Crisis Core points make it sound like a Boris Johnson press conference:

"Crisis Core will be completely written out and plot points entirely discarded, except those that aren't and will be retained, but those points will be reformed and therefore not retained. With the reformed retained points, we hope to make a a cohesive product to unite the VII franchise by discarding what doesn't work, but keeping what does, except Crisis Core which will be completely written out, except the reformed retained points which won't be written out, but reformed. As we try to minimise the spread of plot points, we will introduce new plot points with the reformed old plot points that will replace the old-old plot points, introducing new extra plots points that will be used as a framework to build our world beating cohesive story.

The first point about the remake needing to be a 'complete ending' to me is nonsensical and contradicts the actual ending given. Having only started and finished (the other day, actually) the OG Final Fantasy VII game after completing the remake version - and therefore had no bias or basis to judge it against the original storyline - the remake, at no point, felt like a standalone game:

- Sephiroth still alive.
- The party launched out of Midgar / Biggs still alive / Marlene & Barret separated.
- Introduction of Zack (which probably makes no sense to people who don't follow the franchise).
- Introduction of Rufus late-game.
- Introduction of Jenova late-game.
- Visions of Aerith's death / meteor.
- Words scrolling across the screen saying 'THE UNKNOWN JOURNEY WILL CONTINUE'.

Whilst I was familiar with Aerith dying and Zack (having played Crisis Core), the introduction of new characters and plot elements served no purpose to me other than to indicate another game - especially with only very minor knowledge of the original storyline. There were far, far too many new elements introduced towards the end of the game which meant it can't be 'open ended'.

I'm not sure how much I believe the game mechanic suggestions either. Whilst I certainly think there will be adaptations and additions - as there are in nearly all sequels - I don't think there will be this massive 'overhaul' that is indicated. The levelling up is a prime candidate - experience points levelling is almost a staple in any game where levels exist, nor do I think upgrading weapons will be fundamentally different. Weapon abilities is an obvious one for change and I think the ATB will change a little, but overall, the game mechanics for the remake is a very solid feature, so there is no need to make wholesale changes - the 'defence / offence / support' mechanic just makes sense logically, as characters had a knack of becoming involved in battle situations that didn't suit their battle style.

The sales / projections point just comes across as random, given that Final Fantasy VII Remake actually sold very well in the opening week. Given the fact that no mention whatsoever is given to the COVID-19 pandemic and it being a console exclusive at launch, there doesn't seem to be anything genuine in the sales analysis.

Having read rumours / theories about Whispers not returning moving forward, multi-verse or alternate timeline in which Zack doesn't die, potential of Crisis Core being remade, how will it deal with open world etc. It feels like someone has compiled a bunch of rumours and tried to pass off answers as official from someone who knows someone, who knows someone, who knows someone.

The Cait Sith thing, if true, is a bit disappointing. I also wanted to see the big doll, however I can understand why they would go the Red XIII route. It isn't as if it's a new concept, as he's been featured riding Red before. I don't think it would be unrealistic to include the doll but I can see how possibly Red & Cait Sith duo would compliment each other a bit better in battle in the Remake. Him being a cooperative spy to your group instead of the other way around seems a bit backwards though... but I can see them easily working around it. It would just really kinda cut back on Cait Sith's character in my opinion.

I doubt this would be popular with most fans. I suspect that the 'leaker' is just basing this speculation on the fact that we don't see the giant moogle in Part 1, yet we see Cait Sith himself. And then considering there is precedent for this sort of move with Advent Children, it sounds plausible enough to hook people.

But I'd hope Square Enix is better attuned to its fanbase than that. It would be a shame to not have the giant moogle at least in part.

:8F:Had a bit of a chuckle imagining Aerith in bell bottoms. I can kind of understand why they would want to give everyone warmer clothes, especially since it's particularly cold by the North Crater, but I don't see why it would be necessary, especially for Aerith, otherwise. It isn't like anywhere else is especially cold. That said, I better see sailor uniform options for both Red XIII and Marshmallow-Barret.

The thing about that is that those Aerith scenes are set on the northern continent, and this 'leak' claims that the entire game is just on the one continent. So these wintery clothes don't even make much sense within the self-contained text of this leak. At least that is how I interpreted 'all on one landmass'.

There are large elements of that email that make no sense from either a business or development standpoint.

The Crisis Core points make it sound like a Boris Johnson press conference:

"Crisis Core will be completely written out and plot points entirely discarded, except those that aren't and will be retained, but those points will be reformed and therefore not retained. With the reformed retained points, we hope to make a a cohesive product to unite the VII franchise by discarding what doesn't work, but keeping what does, except Crisis Core which will be completely written out, except the reformed retained points which won't be written out, but reformed. As we try to minimise the spread of plot points, we will introduce new plot points with the reformed old plot points that will replace the old-old plot points, introducing new extra plots points that will be used as a framework to build our world beating cohesive story.

🤣

You are right.
I very much doubt that Square Enix really does think very little of the Compilation material. Part 1 shows the opposite. They've actually worked in several subtle references to the wider Compilation in order to make it feel more integrated.

The main sticking point would be Genesis himself, potentially. Yet even he has been indirectly referenced (conversation drops about the G-type Soldiers and degradation, and then there were the Banora apple advertisements). They clearly don't want the player to forget Genesis entirely, which is something this leak implies they do.

Back