FFVII : Love It or Hate It?

FFVII is a great game, but its not that good, people overrate it constantly, Firstly it was poorly translated, hence why Reno's character is totally different between the game and advent children. The music is okay, some themes are classics, some are not bad. Just because this game has Cloud and Sephiroth doesnt automatically make it a perfect game.

7/10

Personally i think 10 is a much better game.

FFVII is a great game, but its not that good, people overrate it constantly, Firstly it was poorly translated, hence why Reno's character is totally different between the game and advent children. The music is okay, some themes are classics, some are not bad. Just because this game has Cloud and Sephiroth doesnt automatically make it a perfect game.

7/10

Personally i think 10 is a much better game.

no one said that but FF7 came before Advent children witch means its Advents childerans fault for not making reno what ff7-reno was

no one said that but FF7 came before Advent children witch means its Advents childerans fault for not making reno what ff7-reno was

Uhh dude, its a wel noted fact that the ps1 version of ff7 was badly translated, reno was allways a funny character, but due to the awful translation his character was completely changed into a quiet character :wacky:

So how can it be the fault of a movie that came out 6-7 years later and remained faithful to the accuall character?

I absolutely love the game, and I was only 8-9 years old when I played it at first. My "big brother" was playing the game, and I constantly told him I wanted to play a game where I could jump around (like crash bandicoot >;D), and I was so annoyed when I found out that I couldn't jump whenever I wanted to when playing FF VII. He started to explain to me the point of the game, and when I wasn't too stupid and could understand English pretty well I thought it was my turn to play it!
I absolutely love the story line. Usually I'm too picky when it comes to graphics (considering FF X was also my favorite game), but the characters and the story line makes the game completely enjoyable and epic! I don't think the game is overrated, only the spin-offs. ;o Cloud ftw!! *___n <3

this game is good on its own right, it never needed sequels or spinoffs. I love it for the reason that it is a fun game with an intriguing story and characters that are memorable to this day.

I love it. It has a great storyline and they keep comin' out with fitting pieces for it.I just hope they come come to ruin the franchise by making something that mocks it.

If someone asked me this question a month after it was released, my answer would've been : I love it. If someone asked me the question now, after the prequels/sequel/movie were released, my answer is : Meh, it's ok. FFVII is a good game. I don't deny it, however I think it's over. There are other games which are just as good, if not better than FFVII now. That's what really pisses me off nowadays. The rabid FFVII fanboys/girls foaming at the mouth about anything which has a hint or whatever which some can perceive as having a link with FFVII or the ones who berate/belittle other games (even more recent ones or games which aren't even in the same genre. Case in point : I was at a game store, waiting to purchase Dynasty Warriors 5, when the person in front of me went on a tirade saying how all the other games there are inferior, pathetic and aren't worth the cost of the disc they are on. That the 'only' game worth purchasing/playing was Final Fantasy VII. That 'incident' didn't end well.) I don't hate FFVII. Far from it, as I still remember playing and enjoying it. What I do hate, is the idiot fanbase who explode their pants in explosive delight with regard to anything to do with FFVII, who compare other games with it and say it's the 'bestest game evah! If you dun like it, youse a eediot!' mentality.

My first FF game, so it had a huge impression on me. Despite the graphics (which are not exactly amazing, except for the cut scenes and battle screen), the game is stunningly amazing - the characters you care for (once again, except for Cait Sith and Yuffie for me), wonderful music, and an amazing gameplay with a huge variety of ways to customize your character fighting styles with materia, and amazing summons. When I first played FFVII, it hit me hard, but in a good way. It hit me to care for the story and characters and also to be extremely interested in all the variations of materia and enemies. Truly a masterpiece!

Well... I liked it.
It was one of the first few I've played, but I guess it wasn't really "my cup of tea" when I first played it. I suppose that it had something to do with the fact that the setting was much darker and the mood more serious (the humor was either too vulgar for me, or was just slightly amusing) than the other Final Fantasy I played (FF9). But it's a beautiful game, over-all. And compared to the PS games that were available at that time, it was definitely a huge "level up" for videogames.

Love it. It was the first Final Fantasy game I ever played, and not only that, I believe it was the first RPG I ever played. Because I can't remember playing anything that involved leveling up and such before that game came out so it broke me into RPGs. Fitting that it would later become the first Final Fantasy/RPG game I would beat and what a wild ride it was. I loved the characters, story and game play still to this day and IMO it only rates second to Final Fantasy X.

It's a shame that Square Enix have been slowly ruining it with all the addition to that single game but it still doesn't change the fact that it's one of the better Final Fantasy games Square brought to the table in their career. I loved being able to name all the characters and play around with the menus constantly. I was always changing the colors of the text background which is sadly something they stopped allowing you to do in later games.

Also I've never wanted to kill a main villain more than I did Sephiroth >.> That no good lousy Aerith-killing, woMAN, broken angel! He was jealous of Aerith good looks and great personality :humph:

The story of FFVII was so complete, which is the reason imo, that so many loved this game. But the fact that the game also had some humor, was a significant reason why I loved it. Everytime I played I always wanted to play just a little more...

My favorite fight in the game was against Seph...It took me almost an hour to beat him...really likes the supernova.

Sooooo many reasons i love this game. The very first Final Fantasy i played. I honestly loved it from the beginning. The opening FMV was just mind blowing for a PS1 game. The look and tone of the game, is perfect thorough out, all the characters are really unique, and even side characters, like Jesse, Biggs and wedge, are really well 'fleshed' out.

The battle system, is well paced, and very easy to use. The command window, is easy to use, as well as the ordering of the magic, and items. Summons we're on the epic proportion side, some seeming to last forever, but they all looked stunning.

Materia was a inventive idea, making the set-up of characters, very easy, as they had only two slots of equipment available, Weapon, and armour. The materia gaining and keeping the levels it attained, also was a bonus, as any characters could use the abilites of the said materia.

Limit breaks we're awesome, a mini summon almost for each character, and them also levelling up was a bonus, the limits increasing as your characters did. I loved the fact that, after getting all 8 of Tifa's, if you was lucky enough, you could use all 8, in one go.

The story, is beyond amazing with this game, the events are all well paced, and interesting, the concepts of Holy Vs. Meteor, with the Cetra and the lifestream work really well. How every characters has there 'moment' in the game, a fully fleshed out back story, is awesome.

For me, personally, the soundtrack too this game, it just perfect, simply, it suit every area and situation, and character, perfectly. For the opening sequence, to the steampunk theme of midgar, to Aeriths theme, Tifa's and Barret, all summing up the characters so well. Beyond a doubt, my favourite Final Fantasy of all time, and the best soundtrack, to an FF game.

I love VII. It was the first FF game that I really got into. My sophomore year of college, spring semester, I still fondly remember as 'The semester of FFVII' because it literally consumed me.

My roommate was a FF nerd (he even admits he is) and I had multiple people living on my wing who would come in and help me..so it was sort of a community thing. It was fun.

The total experience of the story (which I didn't entirely get) the battle system, and materia system, as well as getting limits and stuff completely consumed me, and the whole semester's free time was essentially spent getting everything, beating Emerald and Ruby (after I beat Sephiroth) and trying to get master materia's so my characters could kick more ass

..oh and I got decent grades that semester, too

I love it :)

I don't care if it is overrated, it was fun and amazing and the characters were great. It's not my fav FF game but I still love it to bits

Final Fantasy VII was beautiful. Not to mention have first rate graphics at the time, it had a compelling and gripping story that kept you on your toes for hours. I often lose track of time and play it into the wee hours of the night.

I love how you can essentially make any character any job class with the materia system, although I dislike not being able to learn new skills unique to the character over time(besides limit breaks) I do dislike the lack of voices or anything, but still, playing FF7 is like watching the greatest silent movie ever made.

It is a great game, and worth multiple playthroughs. My main concern was the airship. It was huge, yet it only had a cockpit, chocobo room, and an operation room? Seriously? xD

It had everything! Amazing characters, a killer story, addicting battle system and classic graphics. For a lengthy game, I actually had the patience to play through it. And I'm usually a very-to-the-point sort of person. I simply adore this game. It is DEFINATELY worth buying/playing. :]

Love it. I can really only repeat what others have said. It has an amazing, gripping emotional story, great characters including the non playable, enjoyable battles with an interesting materia system and some bloody good music. To me the game has replay value so its something I will always play over the years.

Masterpiece.

Seeing as this was the first ever RPG game that I played this game holds a special place in my heart and mind.
The emotional storyline kept me playing it so I could find out how it ended.
The characters all had me hooked for some reason. :awesome:
The battles never got tedious unlike in some of the later installments random encounters.
The Materia system :awesome: This is my favourite memory of FF7.
The Music was addictive to listen to :awesome:
All in all this game has had many replays since I completed it the first time.
Classic.

.FTR.

Back