Votes: 37 8.3%
  • It's alright

Votes: 26 5.8%
  • I hate it

Votes: 10 2.2%
  • I've never even played it

Votes: 9 2.0%

• Total voters
FF9 is definantly my fav to all the FFs (so far the only one I didn't get to play much of is 3) The dialouge, the characters and many scenes make this game a tribute to the old FF games. I actually cant find anything about the game thats horrible. If anything many people dont really know anything about because they didn't look into it and thus make there opinion of it based on there dissidia tier (which is a bad idea)

So far for me its FF9>FFT=FF6>FF7>FF5>others>FF13 =\

I guess some people hate it because it has a lack of technology unlike the previous two. Also they dont like the cheerful type in comparision to the super drama type like Cloud and Squall (thats just my 2 cents anyway).

Wow, the votes for this game is mostly positive :P I think it's time to finish it myself. I played it a bit before my PS broke down (a looooong time ago), but I think I would have gotten totally hooked if I've managed to play for at least an hour.

IX is still my favorite, even after finally trying VII, VIII, X and X-2, XII, and XIII.

It's the only FF so far that I'm close to completing a second playthrough, while the others I haven't even completed once.

This game was okay for me. I mean the characters really weren't that great, the story....well...let's just say I got bored of the game and stopped playing so I never even finished it.

It's my favourite so far. Its the first one I ever played. I fell in love with the characters especially Vivi :inlove:

I found it really hard at first, having never played an rpg before but once I got the hang of it, I adored it. The storyline sucked me in, I had to know what happened next. That music that plays during Zidane having his breakdown was absolutely awesome. Chocobo digging was so much fun but I found the card game boring and completely pointless aside from the tournament where you can get that accessory. FFVIII's card game was so much more fun and rewarding.

Love it. ^_^ It's got one of the best story lines of any RPG I've played. I don't mind the cartoon/medieval thing. Overall, it's such a good game to me.

I love it :) it's not my favourite but it's definitely up there. It's probably my third favourite. Brilliant story and I loved the romance between Dagger and Zidane, Steiner was an amazing character. The only one I didn't like was Quina.

Xx..xX

i love this game, too

MOD EDIT: This would be considered a short, spammy post in a post count section. A post in a post count section would typically be more than a few short words or a sentence.

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved the game. Everything in the game just felt so... smooth and easy and fun lol.

The battle system was simple yet awesome. I loved how each character had a different 'job' or 'class'. I loved the non-linearity. I loved how you learned new abilities by equipping different items. I loved the characters, music, and story!

HOWEVER, there is one thing I didn't like about the game. At one point in the game it just got too hard for me to follow the story. All of this talk about Terra, Gaia, Iifa Tree, assimilation, genomes, cycle of souls, etc just confused the hell out of me. I thought it was a little too much information to take on at once. After reading up a bit in wiki, I understand the story a lot more now. But there are still some things in the game that I just don't understand.

But hey, it might just be me. Maybe I just suck at following stories xD.

I cannot say love or hate in particular. It will never be my favorite FF game, as it's too jack-of-all-trades ish to me. Good music, good movie scenes, good gameplay, good story, good relationships between the characters, but in all of those areas, there are at least two FF games that are better. However, if I were to rate each FF game in the various areas, then compared each game's lowest categorical rating, FF9 would probably have the highest score.

I didn't really like all the animalfolk, really, like the hippos, the birds, and such. I would have preferred more typical races- humans, dwarves, elves, etc. The graphics were a tad... childish? Not poorly done, just cartoonish; it was hard to take them seriously, really (a problem that I find in FFI-VI, really).

Those points aside, I thought it was a great game. Loved the music, the feel, the story, the characters... It is one of my favorites.

I'm in the loved it category. Everything about it makes it very close to my perfect game: the characters, story, music, battle system, world, level system...everything.
Ok, maybe the battles take a bit long to load each time, but when the only problem you can think of is something as small as that, you know you've got a great game :)

I absolutely loved this game~! It was a shining example of how near perfect a game running on outdated PS1 hardware could do. Surprisingly enough, this game was even better looking than some early PS2 titles! The only gripe I have with the game, isn't even a fault of the game, it's with the PS1's long loading times during battle transitions. >_<

LOVED it! :) I thought it had the best character development since FF6 and it has my favorite FF soundtrack.

In fact, I'll go so far as to say "Rose Of May" is my favorite track in any FF, in all of its sweet simplicity.

Loved it like all the ps1 classics. I think it was the most charming of the series (and Sakaguchi's personal favourite apparently). I liked the quaint design of the cities in it, they felt so warm and homely. The game overall had a great vibe and coupled with the music It was unforgettable. I lost many hours of my life to this game when it was released and I've played it about eight times since :D

I love IX, absolutely love it. Right from the start I got deeply engrossed in the story and setting and just never wanted to turn off the game. IX is the only RPG ever made that I can replay more than once in the span of a year and still have an absolute amazing time playing.

Not only is IX my favourite Final Fantasy game but my absolute favourite RPG period.

I loved this game a lot! 2nd favorite FF right here. The story & gameplay was very engaging and kept me wanting to keep coming back for more. I couldn't wait to get home from school to play this back in the day. Chocobo "Hot & Cold" was one of my favorite minigames ever! This game had one of the best protagonists as well, i think he showed more heart than any other FF main character and he was a true hero too. He's a little underrated, in fact, FFIX is a little underrated. This was definitely my fav FF in the PSX era. The music was amazing!

-Setz-

I'm glad lots of people love this game. n.n I almost lost faith in the series after the trainwreck that was FFVIII. ;_;

I loved the game. Everything in the game just felt so... smooth and easy and fun lol.

The battle system was simple yet awesome. I loved how each character had a different 'job' or 'class'. I loved the non-linearity. I loved how you learned new abilities by equipping different items. I loved the characters, music, and story!

HOWEVER, there is one thing I didn't like about the game. At one point in the game it just got too hard for me to follow the story. All of this talk about Terra, Gaia, Iifa Tree, assimilation, genomes, cycle of souls, etc just confused the hell out of me. I thought it was a little too much information to take on at once. After reading up a bit in wiki, I understand the story a lot more now. But there are still some things in the game that I just don't understand.

But hey, it might just be me. Maybe I just suck at following stories xD.

Don't worry. Once you play through the game a few times, those little things that don't make sense, even if you read about them online somewhere, will start to make more sense.

Back