Votes: 37 8.3%
  • It's alright

Votes: 26 5.8%
  • I hate it

Votes: 10 2.2%
  • I've never even played it

Votes: 9 2.0%

• Total voters
I love this game. The graphics may be slightly childish, but that is what makes me like it so much. I also like that they took some of the ideas from VII and VIII and improved on them to add some really fun mini-games to it. Also I love any game with a thief as the main character... And this game really is underrated.

As for why some do not like the game: they say that the characters are either underdeveloped or whiney.

I don't care much for IX, the whole thing just feels out of place. ida know, maybe its just because it came along so late in the series after the more futuristic presence of VII and VIII that its effect is just minimized, but i don't like it all that much. it's okay, sure, but it's not a favorite.

I am actually just starting to play this one, and i say it is fucking amazing. Its the first 3d medieval FF and the graphics for the playstation on this is unbelievable, better then GTA Vice City on ps2 (only comparison i can make lol). I guess people dont really like this one because it doesnt have any guns...just like VII or VIII did... and i guess having a black guy around wouldnt be to bad either.

I feel final fantasy 9 was a great game and to this day is still my second favorite game. the thing i like about it the most is the feeling of the past, unlike all the other final fantasy's this one looked at the past so to speak before guns, the sword is mightier in my book :). When final fantasy 12 came along it was similar to final fantasy 9 in the same respect. So bring on a more past feeling i say as i love to see it.

I love it, a lot. I love all the characters, and the cutscenes make me nostalgic. Final Fantasy IX is probably the best game I've played.

love it but one thing always bothers me...

Final Fantasy IX is the best in my oipion, the people in the game were better the other final fantasy(speaking about comparing Zidane to Tidus.) the story was great and the bad guy was cool like Sephrioth and it was not a totaly hopeless caues like in Final Fantasy Seven, the love story was great between Zidane and Garnet... in fact that is my onny prolem, they din't expand on it... when the final boss was defeated and zidane wants to save Kuja and Zidane says her can't kibnap Garnet anymore she trurns silent, where is "i love you" form Garnet? that really pissed me off but i still think FF9 has the best ending of all time in Video games, hell i think that FF9 has the best ending in all of entertaiment...

"you don't need a reason to help people..."

Final Fantasy ix is what shaped my upbringing! Are you freaking kidding me? It will always remain my favorite Final Fantasy to date. I love VII and VIII as well in their own respect but I guess I've always been really into the fantasy aspect of the game. I just wish it was a bit more challenging...so my next playthrough there shouldn't be any excuses lol

Each game is different so you can't compare VII to IX, it's simply a matter of taste and I guess I'm into the "childish" graphics and the entire storyline.

And Kuja is amazing. Nuff said.

Of course I love it! The story is amazing! The emotions! Man... the emotional aspect of the game is just impeccable! Character development is sweet. The music is just surreal. I can go on and on, and I will! But not right now. I'm too tired. Of course, I had to put in my two cents on the game though since it really does mean a lot to me.

The only thing that I thought was inadequate was the super-boss phase. I didn't like it being just Ozma. I would've preferred the regular pair of an Ultima- and Omega-type enemy. And Ozma seems to fit well with the former, but what I really wanted was a super-hard super-boss that sets the bar way up for the party. That would've seriously added to the already phenomenal sweetness of the game. :D

Last edited:
Love it!
I don't know what to say exactly that I haven't said in FFVII, because I feel just as much love for this game and for the same reasons - great characters, great story, great music, great gameplay. People who dislike the "childish" graphics should give the game a try before being turned off the game completely. There is way more to this game than just cartoonish graphics.

I absolutely love this game.

It may sound a little bit biased, since it was technically the first of the FF series I've played, but it's definitely one of the best out there.
It had a very "fantasy" element to it, but at the same time, it was able to incorporate modern elements into the game. The characters are very interesting, each and every one of them (well, okay, maybe except for Quina), and you get to see a glimpse of their lives in the game, which made it all the more lovable.

Love. Final Fantasy 9 paid great tribute to the origins of the series and since I was able to play the original Final Fantasy games before I finally got 9, because I wasn't interested in it until I became a huge fan of the original Final Fantasy games, I appreciated it even more. I would always set the window bg to classical to take me back to the good old days and I went berserk when I heard the beginning of the original fight music from Final Fantasy 1.

Love this game. It's my 1st on my favorite list games.
Really like the characters,story,graphics,villain,the sountrack. Vivi,Garnet and Quina just rulez.

The battle system was kinda slow,though =/

The game was good adventurous fun but not the best in the series, I wasn't as engaged to the story compared to 7, 8 or 10 although I understand how the light heartedness broke up the repetitive seriousness of the series, but seeing things like kidnapping the princess from the theatre, Zidane's 'protect girls' ability and naming the princess Dagger? It was all cheesy to me. Other than that though the music and characters like Steiner and Vivi was cool so it wasn't that bad

Love it!

It's one of my personal favourites from the series and is the perfect example to describe what a traditional FF is. The storyline is gripping, the characters are very real and there are so many mini-games to keep you occupied.

Loved this game.

Loved the little nods to the earlier Final Fantasy games. I loved the Medieval theme of the game, Knights, mages, castles, a very old school theme, yet made to feel a little more modern. I loved the characters in this game, even Quina, for pure comedy value. The soundtrack was excellent, and the graphics we're probably the best to be seen on the Playstation. The combat was again a back to four people, each of which had a specific job role, i.e Knight, white mage, black mage etc. ATB was again used for a good pace in battle. The story of the game was amazing.

I agree with most people here. This game was my first FF, and it has a special place in my heart. To me it reflects fantasy at its best, combining past and future aspects. I really loved the concept of Memoria, and how Kuja feared death, like all humans do. It's a game that I find I can relate to well.

Not to mention I like the Ability system; out of all the other FFs I've played I found it the easiest to understand and use.

I thought it was okay. Not brilliant, not awful, just, superlatively 'meh'. I found the characters to be unusually multidimensional but the hackneyed designs were terrible. It took me at least half the game to determine whether a few members in my team were male or female. The backdrops were gorgeous but not varied enough, the mini-games were, to be honest, pretty naff, and the story was pretty nonsensical. The characters are the best bit about the game, in my opinion, and the only reason why I would want to play through it again. I'm not a big fan of the Medieval -style setting; it was a step back (metaphorically and literally) compared to the insta-fun, vibrant worlds of FFVIII and VII.

I loved this game.. NOt my absolute favorite but yet again just awesomly done.. It really brought back that old school taste to the ff series.. Which was such a sigh of relief after ffviii.. I also probably laughed more playing through this FF than any other..

Back