Votes: 10 2.2%
  • I've never even played it

Votes: 9 2.0%

• Total voters

Rydia

Throwing rocks at emo kids
Veteran
Gil
IX seems to be another FF game that people either love it or hate it like VIII or XII. With IX, most of the people who have played it that I run into either call it one of their favorite FF games or they absolutely despise it.

So did you love, like, or hate this game?

Why do you think many people like or hate it?

I just started playing it again, and it's my favourite FF. I think it has lovable characters and a great story. The only thing I don't like about it is that the characters are not customizable.

Love it. My favourite FF, personally. I can see why most people hate it though, since FF fans who were first introduced to the series with the PlayStation and either VII or VIII probably felt different when they saw an environment without uber technology.

Edit: Making the poll in the IX section probably won't give "real" results. I don't see why someone who hates the game would come to this area of the forums anyway.

This is my most favorite FF ever. Everything is perfect to me and the only thing that bothered me as well was the deformed character designs. I used to compare this with the previous two games like why didn't they even made them appear normal in battle fields and/or movies at least. as the people above are saying I think this may be a major reason why people overlook this game too much. but it's pretty understandable since this game is made to bring back the feel of old FFs. it wasn't so bad and it could be accepted since I'm a fan of the old FFs. so how could I hate this game isn't it. ^_^

I love everything about the game. The characters, the art, the settings, the music and the story were all beautifully done IMO.

Alot of people I've talked to disliked the game or even refused to play it because of the character designs which I just don't get. For example, I hated the character designs in Chrono Trigger from the very beginning but I still played and enjoyed the game.

I like this game. The characters, the artistic design, the plot...they were all awesome. It was like a tribute to the old FFs. And even though Kuja seemed a bit one-dimensional to me, I still loved him as a villain. However, one of the things that really hurt my opinion of IX was trance. Ugh! I hated that! Damn trance, blemishing a perfectly awesome game! Well...other than trance, it was really great game.

Ah I love this game! Beautiful beautiful beautiful! The opening scene with Garnet in the boat during the storm, the introduction to awesome characters each in their own unique way, as well as the deep plot that dangers the multiple worlds and all their inhabitants. And...gotta love KUJA!

Great game and one of my favorites of all-time!

This is kinda one of the ones I really don't care for. Story line itself is good and battle system is good. Character designs could have been better for some coughquinacough, and the ability system I did not really like. Having to equip certin items for so long just irratated me to no end. Though other then that it was a good game.

I can't really think of anyone reason why i dislike this game, i have played it through twice. The second time i managed to do everything and altho i recall great senses of achievment in some parts like with the chocobos and ozma, there wasalso a great sense of dissatisfaction aswel. I think it may have been to easy.....i don't know. Can't quite put my finger on it

Lol, not really a great reply that was it :)

I loved it… In fact, it’s one of my top three all-time favorite FF’s.

I’ll admit I wasn’t sure whether the game would appeal to me, but like FFVIII and FFX, I loved it my first time through. I thought it had a great light-hearted story; most of the characters were likeable as well as comical (at times), the music and game-play were great and yes, even the love story was cute.

I also loved the old school look and feel to the game with modern day graphics (in its day).

Anyway, as I said in other threads, I always go back to play this when I just want to have fun playing a FF.

Love it, Love it, Love it!
FFIX was not my introduction to the series, believe it or not. I have to bring that up, because most people have an inexplicable love for their firsts! (lol)

I just think that this game has it all. I know, I know...a lot of people are kind of bent up on how slow and elementary the battle and ability systems are. Admittedly...I myself was a little bit frustrated at how simple it was when I first played. After I started falling in love with the game, I thought to myself "this could be so much better!"

But alas...I was totally wrong to have ever had foul thoughts about this wonderful amazing, stupendously superb game. FFIX has been my favorite FF game for quite a few years now. The story, the romance, the characters...it's all in perfect coordination. ^.^

Absolutely love it. Everything came together perfectly to make it the pinnacle of the PS1 era (yes, far better than FFVII). Lovable characters, great story (though not as dramatic or involved as VII's, but not necessarily inferior), amazing settings and design, classic battle system, nicely self-referential to past entries, and probably the best overall score of the series.

I absolutely loved this game. In fact it is my favorite of the whole series. Many hours of sidequests and one of the toughest bosses (Ozma) in the series. You can't forget Tetra Master, either. Truly an awesome game.

I loved it. It's by far my favorite game so far (not just from the FF series). I've never actually heard someone say that they didn't like it.

:)

Not my favorite FF, but still it was a good play, why I was just thinking to replay it, since I always hear people say how amazing it was.

To be entirely honest, I used to be in the majority who absolutely despised this game. Recently, however, I started up a new game of IX and, to my utter surprise, I love it so much. I'll be posting a massive review/retraction when I'm finished but, right now, I'll just stick my two cents worth in here.

I absolutely adore IX. It's the only game I love as much VII, and it's my 2nd fave game ever.

I really liked all the characters in the game with the exception of Amarant and Lani(?).

I found the locations so incredibly charming and otherworldly, and the music was so beautiful ^^ I didn't find the battle system the most enjoyable, but I've seen worse (VIII). Plus the ending FMV was so effing cute, anyone who hates it is a complete Naze and kicks puppies for a living.

It wasn't the best Final Fantasy but I did like it. Loved all the different sidequests - chocographs, mognet etc

Back