FFIX Bible

FFPianoMusic

Gil
Hello everyone! I'm searching for people to create the bible of FFIX. The idea is to reunite in a single pdf almost everything that existe about this game: backgrounds, concept arts, ultimania stuff, anything you can imagine. Not like a guide, for example I dont think on including enemy stats and things like that, but who knows, maybe that could be included too. On this forum there's also a lot of threads with super interestin theories that should be included. Even beatiful fan arts, whatever that can be interesting. For months I've been searchin for a lot of stuff from the game and I ended up having a million things I would like to include. Its a crazy job for only one person. This is not intended to make any profit at all, so probably only a work for people who loves the game as much as I do. If someone is interested on lending a hand, please leave a comment!

I would love to participate in this. FFIX is one of my favourite games and there is A LOT to say about it.

There are a lot of threads discussing the lore of FFIX on this site, as you say. When I have a moment I could post some links in this thread to some which might be of interest.

As for fan art, there are a number of artists with accounts here who have drawn FFIX characters, but it would have to be with their permission that I direct their work to here (giving them full credit). That might take a bit longer, but that's a great idea.

I'll put more in here in the coming days, but this for now is just to register interest.

I would love to participate in this. FFIX is one of my favourite games and there is A LOT to say about it.

There are a lot of threads discussing the lore of FFIX on this site, as you say. When I have a moment I could post some links in this thread to some which might be of interest.

As for fan art, there are a number of artists with accounts here who have drawn FFIX characters, but it would have to be with their permission that I direct their work to here (giving them full credit). That might take a bit longer, but that's a great idea.

I'll put more in here in the coming days, but this for now is just to register interest.
Thanks a lot. It would be cool to have at least 4 person to work on this, so we can distribute work better. This is a long term project, with no pressure at all. I have a bunch of stuff saved on my pc, so the best would be that, distributing work. You would be great to compile interesting stuff from here, as you know the forum better than me, and many of the threads are yours too.

As soon as I can I will make a list with all the stuff I got saved, mostly about backgrounds artist, ultimania, and a few more things.
Im tryin to recruit some more people, if you can recruit someone else that would be amazing.

What kind of help are you looking for? :) Like Dionysos said, there's lots of threads discussing lore and whatnot! My personal favorites are the ones that involve differentiating between what belongs to Terra / Gaia on the planet.

While I'm not sure I have anything personally to offer you in terms of help, I can say for sure that you'll find some feedback if you are in need of some here on the FFForums. Plus if possible I'd love to see more interesting topics pop up to talk about!

Here are a list of my favorite threads so far, some that I still need to reply to myself!

Master Gizamaluke
Blue Skinned Humans
A Celestial Interpretation of Zorn and Thorn?
Leviathan & Failed Summoning
Zidane... Cat Tail?!
If We Were to Dissect Vivi...
Is Blank a Living Doll?
Is Marcus a Goblin?

There is probably a few good others out there but they're quite old and a few of the ones I mentioned had a bit more deeper conversations or at least some kind of starting point for topic ideas! I hope this helps in some way :-)

What kind of help are you looking for? :) Like Dionysos said, there's lots of threads discussing lore and whatnot! My personal favorites are the ones that involve differentiating between what belongs to Terra / Gaia on the planet.

While I'm not sure I have anything personally to offer you in terms of help, I can say for sure that you'll find some feedback if you are in need of some here on the FFForums. Plus if possible I'd love to see more interesting topics pop up to talk about!

Here are a list of my favorite threads so far, some that I still need to reply to myself!

Master Gizamaluke
Blue Skinned Humans
A Celestial Interpretation of Zorn and Thorn?
Leviathan & Failed Summoning
Zidane... Cat Tail?!
If We Were to Dissect Vivi...
Is Blank a Living Doll?
Is Marcus a Goblin?

There is probably a few good others out there but they're quite old and a few of the ones I mentioned had a bit more deeper conversations or at least some kind of starting point for topic ideas! I hope this helps in some way :-)
Hi thanks for your response! and thanks for the links.

I want to create a pdf with all the information that I find interesting, not only from the game, like info from ultimania, hd backgrounds, concept art, and more things, but also things around the game, like music cd's released related to the game, fan arts, secondary content that people have created, info about moguri mod and other mods, hidden dialogs, and a real huge bunch of things I have saved through months. And its to much work for me alone. SO any help is welcome, whatever, like putting all the info of the threads in a word file, to later put it on the pdf, searching for interviews of the devs and artist, using google lens on the ultimania vol2 to get translation on some stuff, etc etc. theres a lot to do!

Last edited:
To add to what Miko posted, I really like the Tantarian thread too.

Then there is a lot of information about Hades from FFIX in my Hades Mythology Manual article.
Hades was originally going to be the final boss in FFIX, a concept later picked up again and perfected in later games. Heavy FFXIV spoilers in the article though. But I could pull some relevant parts from it.

A request regarding this would be that clear credit is given when referring to where ideas came from if they are unique interpretations / not given officially. Maybe link to the thread/article in question, or name the person who came up with the idea, etc.

I'll give it some thought. This is still just a beginning.

To add to what Miko posted, I really like the Tantarian thread too.

Then there is a lot of information about Hades from FFIX in my Hades Mythology Manual article.
Hades was originally going to be the final boss in FFIX, a concept later picked up again and perfected in later games. Heavy FFXIV spoilers in the article though. But I could pull some relevant parts from it.

A request regarding this would be that clear credit is given when referring to where ideas came from if they are unique interpretations / not given officially. Maybe link to the thread/article in question, or name the person who came up with the idea, etc.

I'll give it some thought. This is still just a beginning.
Hey! all that info will be very usefull. Feel free to use all the interesting threads. Of course we can add links to everything. You have been added to the channel, its on wall market server, a channel called ffix project. We can chat in there!

I am intrigued, but I suppose not all that surprised, to learn that there is someone else out there working on a Final Fantasy IX project. I am currently working on a collection of personal essays on the game (in a similar style to Boss Fight Books) using notes I've been compiling for the last couple of years. It sounds like we may have even started at the same time as I finally began putting things together for NaNoWriMo which started on the 1st. When I finish up drafting my own work I would be happy to assist with your project if you still need any help.

Good luck to you in your endeavour!

Back