[FF8] Would you like to see a remake/spinoff to this game?

VIII is at least deserving of some sort of side-plot game, a la DoC.

Regardless, if they remade it I'd be the first in line. Most people who hate Squall in FFVIII hate the Squall of Disc 1. I can't say I blame them. But Disc 2 is where the real story begins, and he is a star.

Go Go FFVIII remake!

If they want a lead voice for Squall why not look to the guy who played him in the original Kingdom Hearts? (Dave Boreanez) He can do moody, emo, angry and sad therefore he must be Squall

Personally, I don't think any FF should be remade. And the only spin off I liked was Crisis Core. So disregarding a remake, lets just go with spin off. I guess if I wanted to see a spin off of VIII, I'd want to see a game based on Seifer. Either his before years or some other plot. I don't think he was the best villain, but he was against Squall and that's good enough for me. Or maybe an VIII spin off about Cid. His younger years and his rise to Headmaster or something like that.

:hmmm: Come to think of it, I don't think either of these would be good games at all. Oh well.

I think a prequel would be nice where you play as laguna, kiros and ward during the sorceress war. Or a game where you play as a galbadian soldier during the game events. that could be interesting.

Hmm, there are a few areas they could go with other games.

1. They could make a spin off game based solely on Laguna's adventures, culminating with his battle against Adel and ending up as Esthar's president. There is probably a lot of Laguna's life we don't know, and so many areas where they could develop.

2. A sequel, perhaps a further SeeD mission. This would be difficult because they have to correctly play Squall and Rinoa as a couple. But it would be good because it would give them a chance to set Rinoa's status as a sorceress in the FF8 world. I would imagine that with the timing there would be people against her.

3. Another alternative would be if they did something a bit similar to FFX-2 or Crisis Core, and have a story but have optional missions for them to carry out.

I would like ito see a remake but I think I would be really pickly of who would do there voices and if they changed to much I would freak out! as for a spin off... hmm I think it ended happy and I don't think they should mess around with them anymore though I didn't ever want that game to end.

Though I wouls like get to know what happened with Laguna his life before Squall that would be great ^_^

If they want a lead voice for Squall why not look to the guy who played him in the original Kingdom Hearts? (Dave Boreanez) He can do moody, emo, angry and sad therefore he must be Squall

You know what I thought he was perfect at being Squall! I didn't like the 2nd one too much but David Boreanez was great as Squall.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn’t mind a remake as long as they kept it similar to the original, maybe put in some new GF's (Griever would be cool!). It would also be neat if they stuck in a few more difficult bosses as I felt that VIII bosses were all really easy to beat if you had the right junction setup, Omega Weapon was the only difficult one and even then it’s not that hard to beat.

I think it would be very difficult to make a remake of VIII that complemented it while remaining different but I would buy it lol.

I don't know.
My first thought was no, because there is nowhere to take the story or the characters, it would just be done to make more money.
But I just started playing 358 days which I am quite enjoying, and a similar kind of game to fill in unexplained details could be helpful.
But there aren't many really, and I don't like prequels or sequels, so I would not like to see a spinoff.

I would like to see a movie with this game. So that many people will be interested to play this game after watching it. Because it is a very good game and I wanted that people would not throw it to waste. Thanks.

Probably not. The game's left too strong an impression on me and a remake wouldn't just feel the same. But I don't know, an updated version, with just some souped up graphics and maybe speech... who knows, but it'd need a really, really good team that actually cares about the game.

Personally I'd much rather see a re-release for the PC. It's awesome that it was re-released for the PSN. I remember playing the game on PC though and I'd love to have it around on my laptop for long trips or vacations out of town. It'd be godsend.

Honestly no. Even though I love spinoffs/sequels/prequels,I don't want one for this game.

1) I liked imagining the characters' voices. Seeing a movie or whatever would really ruin that. I loved reading Zell's dialogue and Squall's.

2) Does the story really have anywhere to go? The only real thing I could see is a prequel. That's it.

3) I would much rather SE worked on FF versus 13 and its other projects, and possibly a FF15 sometime soon. The only sequel I would like to see of an old game is to FF7. (WTF WHY????) Well, because of DoC's secret ending, and to wrap the series up.

So no, no sequel/prequel for me :)

I think a prequel with Laguna would be pretty awesome, or maybe a completely different side story with students from Galbadia Garden or Trabia Garden.

I wouldn't want there to a be a sequel to this game. If they did what they did with FFVII then it would completely ruin it. They milked FFVII for every penny they could get and keeping VIII as it is, is fine for me.

Dude their soooo should be a prequel telling the story of Laguna from when he started the army and showing the parts you miss out when playing as Squall, anyway if we make a poll and we get around 30k signatures Square Enix might consider making a sequel or prequel so theres a thought.

I agree a prequel would be good, but I just wouldn't want what happened to FFVII happening to FFVIII, with it being my favourite FF I wouldn't want to see it get milked for everything it has. Which in turn has taken the joy out of playing FFVII for me.

The prequel idea TOTALLY rocks. Wouldn't mind having a sequel though, even if it's just an hour long movie r sumthin I'd love it. It'd be really interesting to find out if Squall actually aknowledges Laguna as his father and stuff. Maybe they go Monster hunting together? Or maybe Play Triple Triad? What if Squall and Rinoa had little SquallBabies o_O? Irvine and Selphie too though...Sharpshooting Nunchaku wielding behbeez...
Ehmm...They can set up their own garden too if they wish...

Aw man, A remake or sequel would be awesome! VIII definitely needs more depth to storyline, there are so many theories as to what happened at the end.

Square Enix should definitely do a remake or sequel :D

the only spin off I would like to see would be a game more solely based around laguna ,kiros and ward.I thought they had so much more to give and that we didn't see enough of them, imo they deserved their own game,but then I am saying this because they are some of my favourite characters from the franchise! :D
for the game itself ,it would have to remain faithful to the original in terms of style. ideal platform; either psp or ngp and 3ds please!

A remake could work really well on a NGC and a movie would be good too. Either one, I'm not picky. But I don't know how they could continue the story.

I think there are better games to do a spinoff, I can't imagine them making up a new storyline. Same with IX

Back