[FF IX] Would you like to see a remake/spinoff to this game?

Personally, I wouldn't want to see a remake of this game. It doesn't even necessarily have BAD graphics even for nowadays standards. I've never really like SquareEnix (as I love Squaresoft) and I have absolutely no fail or trust in SquareEnix with the Final Fantasy series. I'm pretty sure if they made a remake of IX I feel they'd find some way to ruin it (Like add in some flashy real-time battle system like FF13's battle system, which I hated) or do something else stupid to the game hoping fans will like it (and hey, maybe some will, but not me). This also the same reason I don't want a FF7 remake from SquareEnix.

Personally, I wouldn't want to see a remake of this game. It doesn't even necessarily have BAD graphics even for nowadays standards. I've never really like SquareEnix (as I love Squaresoft) and I have absolutely no fail or trust in SquareEnix with the Final Fantasy series. I'm pretty sure if they made a remake of IX I feel they'd find some way to ruin it (Like add in some flashy real-time battle system like FF13's battle system, which I hated) or do something else stupid to the game hoping fans will like it (and hey, maybe some will, but not me). This also the same reason I don't want a FF7 remake from SquareEnix.

Youre a little over negative. The only way it can fail if we expect the most of it

I don't like remakes. The one and only time Square released Final Fantasy 3 outside of Japan was on the DS, and the DS version is complete trash compared to the original. They added in Mognet, changed the intro of the game, and made it so that if you wanted to get the best armor and weapons, you HAD to play with someone by sending them mail through Mognet. They ruined FF3 in my eyes, plus, it's a handheld only exclusive?! The hell is wrong them?

Square rereleased FF7 through Steam (or a steam like service) with HD upgrades and whatnot... they're STILL milking that game to this very day. I lost a lot of faith in Squeenix when they decided it was a good idea to make the main series into an MMO (XI and XIV). Those should have been titles that were their own series/spin offs, and not part of the core titles. The first 10 titles of the main series were offline, standard RPG's, and they fucked it up. Now they're doing the same with Dragon Quest X.

IX is perfect the way it is, sans the trance issue, but whatever, I can deal with that. The graphics were (and still are) great, and hell, they still sold it on their online store until a few months ago (I actually ordered a brand new Chrono Cross from them a year or 2 back, for a system that hasn't been supported in 7 - 8 years.

Squeenix needs to quit screwing up their critically acclaimed franchises.

remakes are remakes. their nothing more. personally i dont like the idea of gaining important items through multiplayer, but thats how it is.

and of course FF3 is handheld only. the game isn't worth full console.

come on dra600n, even you should know if a ff3 remake was to be done, it would have to be portable, the game isn't big enough for console.

Yes and no. Yes because, this game is my favorite so naturally I would want to see more added to the story. But then there's the big NO. Why? Because this game came out 12 years ago and it was released by Squaresoft. Now that Enix joined in and the fact it's been so long since its original release, if they do anything like a sequel, prequel, etc, I have a big fear that they will completely botch it.

Ultimately my answer is no, I don't want this game to be touched at all. It's perfect the way it is with only one game, let's leave it that way :)

I always say that if I had the chance to create any game it would be an expansion on FFIX and it's world. Something that takes place say 15-20 years after IX ended, you play as new heroes and get to meet the people from IX who of course are legends at this point, perhaps even have some of them join you. Obviously I would have to expand more on it but I wouldn't want a story were you necessarily "save the world" more like about war between different nations/continents or stuff like that.

Thing is though, I would never get the chance to make it and if SE ever made one I would be very dissapointed in the end. FFIX doesn't really need a sequel at all, and hopefully it won't get one.

If there was a remake, I'd like to see how it would be pulled off. Would it stay in the same perspective of traversing the world, or would it switch to an over the shoulders display like in Final Fantasy XIII? Preferably, I'd much rather it get a remaster of some sort, with remade cutscenes and graphics and such, kind of like how FFX and FFX-2 are getting one, and also like the DuckTales Remastered game.

I wouldn't mind there being extras added to the main game, like having a New Game+ where you can keep all party members, I.E: Blank and Beatrix. I think it would add a new flavor to the game, or have an extra prologue or scenes where it shows flashbacks of Kuja's younger self. I think it would make for an excellent remaster.

Anyone agree with me? :D

While it makes me happy in the pants at the thought for a remake, it simply isn't needed. The graphics look beautiful for being as old as the game is and I don't feel it needs it. IX is just fine the way it is IMO.
I'm kinda done wanting remakes of classics(VII especially) and I'm ready to just move on because SE won't do it and is too fucking stupid to realize how much money that game would bring in
. :banghead::ffs:
Would it take money and time to make? Hell yes it would. That being said, the money a VII remake would bring in would easily trump the cost to make it.

As already stated, a remake is unnecessary.

However, I'd like if Square made a MMO spin-off. The world of Final Fantasy IX has enormous potential, like some other titles in the series. Races, classes, locations, items and many other elements could make an interesting come back and many new ones could be added, in a whole new perspective.

Just imagine you choosing the races such as Summoner, Genome, Human, Burmecian, Qu and perhaps even a Black Mage? Flying in airships in those stunning city-state kingdoms like Lindblum (Lindblum...)? A MMO based in Final Fantasy IX would be just perfect to me!

As much as it is one of the greatest game that I'd played, I think a spin-off or a remake is no longer necessary. The FF9 in PS was great just the way it is.

I would love to have a remaster version with some minor additions...

- A none random encounter equipment
- You could change the party members anywhere you want...
- A bit greedy but an extra scene say something like The Spring in FF X would make it nearly perfect ^^~

would like to see a remake with new content and refined features, like the mini bosses and stuff, that would be decent, aswell as some new characters in the main party, beatrix is awesome and she should have been in the story more.

thumbs up if they do this!

Of course I would like to see a remake. Not just a rerelease with slightly improved graphics but a full recreation of the FFIX game from the ground up.

I don't find it necessary at all. (And no, that's not the IX hater talking. :lew:)

But, if a remake were to happen, it should be full on remaster. May as well go "all in" with it to please those fans.

The odds of a FFIX remake are even slimmer than the those of a FFVII remake, even though a VII remake won't happen in the near future, at least the heads of Square Enix actually gives it a thought while FFIX continues to be always be overlooked as always.

Everyone who were involved with IX has left Square Enix years ago so maybe that explains why game is so underrated by the current staff.

Last edited:
The odds of a FFIX remake are even slimmer than the those of a FFVII remake, even though a VII remake won't happen in the near future, at least the heads of Square Enix actually gives it a thought while FFIX continues to be always be overlooked as always.

yeah this. If they refuse to remake Final Fantasy VII, there's no way that Final Fantasy IX is getting anything. Fat chance.

With Square Enix planning to refocus on "Heavy JRPGs" maybe we see more handheld RPGs outside of Bravery Default...like FF remakes. With as many handheld/mobile games that SE already chun out i don't see how development cost could stop a FF remake on handhelds from happening and considering the fact that SE see VII as a game worthy of being remade on consoles, maybe a remake of IX on 3DS/Vita have a higher chance of happening.
[h=2][/h]

i still feel like a remake is relevant enough. the ff7-9 never really aged well. and i would like those games to be cleaner and better. its unfortunate that we're in the age where people think "CG-level graphics" as a remake. i know for at least ff9, it doesn't need the highest graphics, just needs more of polygons.

Hashimoto's response to fans when asked about a FFVII remake makes it sounds as though their interested in revisiting older FF titles.

We know that everyone want us to remake FFVII. From now on we have to realize the old FF series.
But now we’ve to released FFXV first. It’s been 8 years, so we’ve to released it first.

Even though this probably doesn't make the chances of a IX or VII remake any higher, the fact that their going to "realize the old FF series" makes me hopeful they'll "realize" that IX existed.

Back