Favorite Summon?

I'd have to say Bahamut cause he is non-elemental and appears in most of the games. The others, Ifrit, Shiva, Leviathan and all elementals are only more powerful IF you are fighting someone weak to that element. Bahamut seems to be powerful no matter what defense or weakness is.

Avoid the short one-liners people, and do actually include at least reasons for your choices. ^^

Bahamut is definitely an awesome summon, BUT I will have to go with "Knights of the Round"
FF7 was the first game to inspire me to play any type of RPG, and with KOTR implemented into the game, it further made me love Final Fantasy :)

Shiva.

I love Shiva. She's been my favorite summon since I first picked up a final fantasy. Maybe it's her kick ass appearance, her amazing beauty, her powerful ice attacks, or her amazing clothes.

Honestly, I think that when I was little it was just because she was blue and that was my favorite color and I never got over it.

Setting aside Shiva and Bahamut, I would have to say Anima. The way it was made, and its attacks and its horrific appearance was overall very cool.

My favorite Esper is Mateus, I loved her final attack. I also like Ultima, I though she was beautiful and extremely powerfulhow you got her was cool too. (In the giant chrystal)

Shiva has always been my favourite ever since my first FF game. It was mostly just because she was a hella sexy lady, pretty much.

I'd choose two:

Bahamut because he is non-elemental and a total badass summon. And not to mention a classic in the series. Even back to his Dragon King days of FF1. And his overdrive/limit break/special attack...whatever you wanna call it...of Mega Flare is awesome.

For an elemental I would chose Ifrit. I've always loved Ifrit in every one of his incarnations. I have a fascination with fire (heheheh) and him being the summon from hell....that's pretty badass too.

mine would have to be Bahamut in FFX
- firstly because of how he looks
- Secondly, just his total awesome power
Espers I'd have to say addramalech
- When i first entered the zertinan caverns i got my A** handed to me by him and from then on went all out to get him and gave me my little side quest in the quest for all the espers lmao
- he looks awesome to.

just the whole dragon thing is pretty sweet. Love em

Best summon,GF,Eidolon etc.

Well the summons don't get enough love as the characters so i wanted to know what summon everyone likes.

My favourite 3 are in order:

1). Odin - He had a backstory in VI and has appeared in III,IV,V,VI,VII,VIII,IX and unfortunately XIII. I just love the fact that he's also the Odin from Norse Mythology which i love even though it has a sad ending =[. Anyway no-one can deny that Zantetsuken owns and that just makes him awesome from his attack, also his FMV when being summoned on Crisis Core just looks so immense.

2). Bahamut - Well he's been in every game except II and Megaflare totally owns aswell. He's also in most games claimed to be the most powerfull summon and King of the Dragons, and because he's not even a human and he's king is awesome.

3). Gilgamesh - Well in his main series summon appearance in Final Fantasy VIII it's nice to see he's still and avid sword collecter with swords such as Excalibur, Excalipoor and Murasame. He only speaks like 3 sentences and there not comedic unlike all his speeches from V. He's also one of the reasons i like XII him and Enkidu make a good fight because it finally took me 7 games to Fight like men and ladies and ladies who dress like men. Finally he has the best piece of music playing in the background of his fights even on XII.

1) Ark - Apart from having the coolest/most-over-the-top animation I've seen from any summon in the series, Ark is the only really good summon in FFIX, and the only one I use for disc 4 stuff. As long as you have a good number of Lapis Lazulis in your inventory to boost spellpower, Ark hits really hard, especially versus Ozma after you've made it vulnerable to shadow damage. In a weird way, you can also turn Ark into a very strong healing spell by using auto-regen on your characters, because since the animation is so long (2 minutes), you'll heal up to full health by the time it's over (even the short animation is longer than any other summon's animation).

2) Bahamut - The idea of summoning the King of Dragons as your ally is pretty cool, and Mega Flare has become such an iconic ability in my opinion. I also used Bahamut so many times in FFIV and FFV in particular, so much so that it felt like he was a permanent member of my party. I also like the way Bahamut has all these different versions and counterparts, like Dark and Lunar in IV, Neo and Zero in VII, not to mention Fury and Sin in CC and AC respectively.

3) Ramuh - Unlike the other two, Ramuh isn't usually a super powerful summon, but I really like the sort of guardian figure he plays in the stories; specifically to Terra in VI and Garnet in IX. Bahamut tends to be in the stories as more of a character who the party must prove themselves to, whilst Ramuh is more about helping the main characters find their feet, and as a character I think he's more likeable than Bahamut or Leviathan. I very rarely use him in any game though, he's mainly kept on the bench till I run into an enemy who is weak versus lightning.

Also ramuh refers to final fantasy II when giving garnet her abilities back. I see your point in Ark but i've only used him like twice the best summoning animation form the main series games is Eden from FFVIII it takes like 8 minutes to summon and if you have boost you can get it's damage to over 54k which is fun to use on Raijin ad Fujin when they have like 1k of hp left

1.> Madeen - This is one of the coolest looking summons I've seen. Mog just looks like a beast and does a great deal of Holy Damage. Boosted by Eiko's Ribbon and Guardian Mog Ability, it can max out damage-wise with a full 9999 dmg. That's one Moogle you don't want to piss off!

2.> Bahamut UNLIMITED - Not a game summon, but from the anime Final Fantasy: Unlimited. This summon is a true powerhouse, and required Kaze, Mog and Ruu to sacrifice their lives to summon.

Go to 5:16 to see this summon

3.> Shiva Sisters -Sexy, cool and they transform into an icy motorcycle. Just mind-blowingly cool.

[Threads Merged]

Back