Favorite moments from the FF Series?

Aries death
... I've never been more shocked and heartbroken over a game.

But an honorable mention was in 6 when
Celes stabbed Kefka on the floating island
. I cheered inside when I first saw that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alot of great moments came from flashbacks, fleshing out the characters backstory and bringing the cast closer to the player.

Notable moments include -

FF7 - Cid detailing how
Shinra ruined his ambitions of going into outer space.

Tifa and Cloud growing up in Nibelheim, then the
revalation of Sephiroth's motives and the razing of Nibelheim.

How Barret lost his right forearm, Vincent's backstory, Aeris
real parents,
etc...

FF9 - I felt the active time events in most newly explored areas was a great way of endearing the player to the characters without forcing them to sit through an hour of lethargy inducing dialogue. These moments were some of my favourite in the game, along with
Cleyra and Alexandria being destroyed, the Black mage invasion of Lindblum, the Silver dragons of the Iifa Tree...

FFX - The revelation of Auron
being undead
* was probably my favourite moment of FFX

*:ffs:

Last edited:
FFVII: The burning of Nibelheim, when Seph walks out of the fire. That was soooo BA.
Also the entire "dating" experience with either Aerith, Tifa or Barret... hilarious!

VII: Aerith's death. It was just so heartbreaking, easily one of the saddest moments in gaming history. Poor Cloud. :(
Then the hand reach scene at the end. Everything about the scene is just so beautiful. The soft music, and angelic setting is just so sweet.

VIII: Squall and Rinoa promising to meet each other in their Flower field. So romantic <3

X: Tidus and Yuna's kiss in the lake. That was just soo dang romantic. I mean I wanted to cry from sappiness at how sweet and romantic it was. Reminded me of another romantic lake scene in a FF game.

I Liked everything from 8 it was def one of my favourites I really enjoyed when bartz and galuf found out faris was a girl that was hilarious and i enjoyed the first part of 9 when you first get access to the world map and chocobo hot and cold

FF7: Fight against Emerald Weapon... Honestly, that was probably one of the most amazing fights against something so big, then president Shinra gets killed (or not really, cause of Advent Children)
FF7: The chocobo dancing, thought it was hilarious

FF8: Any flashback with Laguna (or dream world)
FF9: When Dagger/Garnet lost her voice, it was truly sad.
FFX: The opening blitzball video. Really showed the power of what square can do
FFX: Luca FMV
FFX: Ending Scene... Surprising of what actually happend after Sin was completely vanqiushed.
FF12: Honestly, I didn't like this one all that well... But I did love the idea behind kingdoms attacking eachother. Also, Reks getting killed by Basch's brother really put a damper on who I thought was the hero of the game.

Agreed with Aeris dying.

The End of FFIX and FFX were also rather memorable. In fact, if you look at it they're almost the opposite in terms of plot. Zidane returns to his loved one Garnet whereas Tidus leaves Yuna behind. Kind of interesting. But heart-rending nonetheless for both scenes.

I think the cutscenes in FFIX were always breath-taking; from the first time you look at Lindblum to the scene where Atomos...eats something (I don't remember, sorry xD), those are all really memorable.

The best FF moment for me was the scene in FF VIII when Squall dances with Rinoa it's just hillarious when he bump into everyone and thinks omfg...i suck, and another moment were in FF VII when Aries dies i was like wtf? just happened because i had used her through the whole game and then she out of no where stabbed through the back of sepiroth.
another is in FF IX when quinna and Vivi is getting married, i laughed the shit out me when i saw that you could hook them up. and in FFX it's the ending it totally rocks and a bit sad, but there's also irony in the whole thing because Tidus tries to save Yuna and well he succeeds but then he dies or not dies but disappears but it's a great ending for a game.

FFVII - The part where Cloud
was in a tub with a bunch a muscular men...
I didn't know what was going on when I was younger... but now I know ;)

FFVIII - The ending where
Rinoa was holding the unconscious Squall...
very very touching and I did shed a tear.

FFXII - The part where Basch has the flashback of
witnessing the death of Reks and he couldn't help him
. That cutscene was very memorable because at the end of the flashback he had a very sexy pose *swoons*

Also the part where Basch
held Gabranth's (Noah) hand at the end. It was very sad that they can finally be brothers once again for a long time, but alas Noah died :'(.
My favourite moment of all FFs.

- Ending of X
Beautiful, emotional, true to the characters, visually gorgeous, great music. EPIC in every sense of the word.

- Opening of X
It just made me think "....ooooohh this game is epic!"

-Tidus high fiving Jecht
I hate Jecht, but that moment really touched me. I felt emotional during the last scene- but it wasn't until that moment that I felt myself welling up.

- Crossdressing Cloud. ^^

-The opera in 6

- The sending scene in kilika from X
beautiful, just beautiful

- any scene involving yunalesca - she was an epic character. brilliant speech.

-fang and vanille's ending in FFXIII - beautiful and poignant.

Hmmmm I would have to say the battle at the end of FFX. I have not played many FF games to be honest but I thought that was a pretty epic part. :gonk:

I just recently rewatched the scene from 12 where Ashe is telling Balthier he has to come back and when they fly away she calls out his name. Really pulled at my heart strings, because Ashe was basically saying what every fangirl sitting in her room watching that part was thinking.

NO BALTHEIR COME BACK! :P

I like reno and rude in advent children,their hilarious.

I like how kimahris friend make fun of him cuz he had a broken horn.

And in XIII recently,I laugh of how snow tries to charge an attack into the priest and then he gets hurt lol.

Time for my lengthy inputs.....as usual, woooo!!!! I won't use the spoiler tags as there are too many spoilers, so read at your own risk.

FFI: Though confusing at first, I liked Garland's time loop among the final scenes and battle of the game. Garland is so overlooked. He makes a GREAT villain. :)

FFII: Josef's death really shocked me. It was the first time I saw an actual playable character die in the middle of a FF game. It was nice to see him display his strength during the final moments before his death. I also liked how that happened in a cutscene, and not just in battle.

FFIX: There wasn't a thing that I disliked in the game, so it's hard to pick a favorite moment. In the end, I guess I'm going to go for Kuja possessing Bahamut so he could kill Queen Brahne. It's interesting to note that he barely drew blood when Bahamut first attacked him. That just wows me about Kuja.

FFX: When the party fights Sin on the airship. Now that was cool. There were times I thought "Oh no, they BETTER not fall!"

The entire ending bit at the Pharos in FFXII was easily one of the best moments in FF history.

Cid's and Reddas' deaths
were great but also Gabrah finally getting to voice his feelings.

Back