Dream Interpretation

Dean Winchester

Keeping you alive by killing what's in the Dark...
Veteran
Gil
I had this dream in which I was walking into a cemetery. The field was filled with dark green grass with several dirt parchments and puddles scattered all around the place. There were several trees with very little foliage almost withered and dying. I also saw many gravestones, dilapidated some of them were completely destroyed. I walked towards what it seemed to be the newest gravestone. I turned back to see behind me and there was nothing, a deep dense fog covered my trial. I began to feel nervous then I knelt before the gravestone and clearing the bushes covering its surface I discovered what seemed to be my name.

I was shocked so I decided to stand up but I couldn’t. Then a giant skull emerged from the gravestone and opened its gargantuan jaws. Then I felt dizzy as my body with a will of its own felt compelled to make me plunge into the abyss. I was cast down by myself and as I feel through the abyss I felt memories fading one by one. My eyes became black and then I saw nothing.

I woke up in my bed then there was this voice in my head telling me to open the door, to let him in. I thought it was the voice of my mother but it changed to my father, then to my best friend…the voices kept changing. I approached the doorknob, doubting, and when I was about to turn it I stepped back, returned to my bed and then I woke up. The dream was over. It was 4:33 am, and I couldn’t go back to sleep I had a sense of dread that if I went to sleep I wouldn’t wake up, at least not the same. Or maybe the nightmare just scared the crap out of me…

I got to remind myself NOT to drink wine, any kind, before going to bed. I only had ONE freaking glass of wine (well it was full…and I only remember drinking one), just one, and then went to bed. Seriously, I would have understood if I drank the whole bottle, but it was just one glass of wine.

Well anyways, I didn't knew where to post this, sue me. I used to experience lots of Night Terrors during my teen years (and even during the University) and between these fucked up dreams and the night terrors, I take the night terrors any day. :wtf:

My, that really sounds scary... Watched too much of 'Supernatural'? Admittedly, I'm not really good at interpreting dreams, and, really, I can only direct you to Google... It doesn't help that most of my dreams aren't as lucid as yours. I barely remember them when I wake up, and half the time, they're making absolutely no realistic sense.

Though, if you ask me, I hate to say tell you this, but they say 'Dreams are a reflection of reality'. Though, I also believe that 'things happen the way you think they will'.

Don't think too negatively, hm? Try to stay positive.

Nah, it doesn't have to do with anything I've seen. Maybe something I just can't remember why. Or perhaps it has to do with the fact that I was pissed and I took that drink when a feeling in my gut was telling me not to. Maybe it's telling me there's a part of my life I am leaving behind, for good I guess. Well my shipment day is next year, going to Basic and then to AIT so perhaps it is just that, that I am starting a new life.

Again, I emphasize on the fact that I'm no professional dream interpreter.... But I take interest in the second portion of your dream, where you're in your bed, with the voice telling you to 'open the door', and 'let 'him' in' - whoever that 'him' is.

You said the voice changed to the people you knew... Later your best friend... And so on.

I'm really not sure about the front parts, they're probably the more scarier ones to interpret... But this one.

In my opinion, I think it spells 'change'. 'Change' that you apparently seem to be blocking out, exemplified by the closed door, and that is coming to you, exemplified by the voice telling you to open up. Then, the voice changes from the people you know. I think this 'change' has something to do with the people you know.

... Aye. I think if you're really curious to know more. Professional opinion makes for more sound advice. :\

That’s a very interesting, but very scary dream.
I don’t think that I’d blame the one glass of wine you had on that dream, or at least not on the content.

If I was to interpret that dream then I would say that it is one of a number of different types of dreams. Like Rasmorya and yourself said, it could be dealing with change. You may be at a point in your life where you are taking big steps and a lot of change is occurring (and by your other post I can see that this is true). Like you say you may be leaving parts of your old life behind, and the revelation of your death at the graveyard is representing the death of your old self, or your old life. It’s scary and confusing at first, hence the darkness, but then you wake up in your bed. Knocking on the door of your bedroom you find people who are dear to you encouraging you to embrace your new self or your new life. That you didn’t open the door suggests to me that you fear it still, or you would rather deal with it alone. It could also mean that you wish to still be you, and not to let this new self enter your bedroom and merge with your head. Perhaps you not opening the door could be you wanting to make the changes, but remaining who you are inside.

Another interpretation is more literal regarding the content of the dream, and could be one which deals with your mortality. I don’t know if anything has happened with you or your loved ones lately which has made you reflect on this, but your unconscious mind does appear to be terrified of death (aren’t we all to an extent?), and the inevitable memory loss and loss of soul and being that coincides with that if it turns out that there is no afterlife. In fact what I get from this isn’t so much the fear of death itself, but the fear of nothing after death. The loss of memory, the loss of everything. Just blackness and no heaven. The dream suggests a fear that the end may be the end, and that there may be nothing left for your soul.

The third interpretation is closely related to the other two, and that is that you are having a bit of an identity crisis. You fear that the you inside may be dead, or approaching death. You might have undergone a personality change which you are not sure that you like, or you may have unconscious fears that you are no longer who you think you are, who you think you ought to be, or who you have been and have enjoyed being. The voices at the door could either be the people you are close to telling you that you need to bring the you that you prefer back and to let him back in, or it could be that they are pressing their influence on your personality and changing you in some way, or it could also be that they have made up your personality in the past, and you are nervous about opening to door to let them in to influence you again.

Those are just a few interpretations, and there are loads for each dream a person can have. Your dream could mean any number of things, or nothing at all.

I admit I've been feeling confused for a while about certain decisions I've been making. From some time I've noticed I've been a bit a smartass, making jokes and being somewhat reckless like living in a "make every second count" kind of way.

Then there's the fact that I had a very heated argument with this very special person. Problem is I started asking questions. Problem is neither of us was honest about our feelings and I wanted to know whether she wanted me to wait just a little while longer or if she preferred I would never come back at all.

Then smartassness got the best and I made a joke about if the only way she wanted me back was in a box with a flag on top. I know, worst type of joke. We talked and I put her in a situation that if she wanted me gone, I would leave and it would be over and that I would try my best not to contact her as usual and agreed that it would be best to simply cut all ties, like Facebook, PSN ID, Myspace, MSN, etc.

I just wanted her to be honest and let me go, she said ok and agreed. I was....well when I heard her agreement to my conditions I was devastated but made my best efforts not to show it.

And then the worst error, I gave her a hug, kinda the "good bye" hug. She embraced me, my hands weren't still around her because I was kind of resisting.

Then I gave in and hugged her too and at that very moment I felt her tightening the grip and whenever I tried to get out of the embrace she held me even more tightly saying, well kind of a 10 minutes long embrace and she not wanting to end ending.

That confused me a lot more since "well didn't she wanted me out and agreed to just stay away from each other?" But I didn't say anything, kept my mouth shut and left.

Of course, I took my car and went for a drive.

Next morning her brother and I talk (we are like best pals, I got his back, he got mine, like brothers) and he asked why I left driving as if "the devil were after me" kind of way.

I said I was pissed and that I needed to drive and clear my thoughts. Then he mentioned that she spent the night crying.

By now I would have expected me off her PSN ID, MSN, Myspace and Facebook, as we agreed, but guess what? She hasn't deleted me. I don't know why.

Another fact, she still has my necklace which has my graduation ring.

Lots of stuff happening, you know I transferred to a new University, joined the army, I ship to Basic Training/AIT School next year, and I've been going out a lot like movies, parties, drinking and like making each day count.

Maybe I am just that, confused and maybe just maybe I need to put myself right back on track.

I really needed to take that off my chest.

Back