Build-A-Member
Mogrinch
FFXIV
Mitsuki Calei
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
It’s been awhile. I’ve been sketching again this past week for 30-45 mins as part of my daily sketch exercise. Today I challenged myself not to use an eraser and just quickly get a sketch done in less than 30 mins.

4960C1AB-9B4C-4D13-9592-01EFB10A5A48.jpeg

72E09689-24EA-42AC-A056-5344BEF55C75.jpeg

Tomorrow I’ll continue finish the shading. I used a mechanical pencil, waiting for my staedtler graphite pencils to arrive so I might actually postpone this until then.

Feel free to join me in this challenge, whether it’s 15 / 30 / 45 minutes, try to find the time in your day to sketch. It doesn’t have to be pretty and it can be of anything.

Show us your progress here.

Last edited:
8a3z2QG.jpg

sounds fun to me B)
here's 2B from NieR:Automata, took me 16 minutes aaand I used prismacolor's col-erase in scarlet red

I think this is a really cool idea!

It's been years since I sketched anything so it's nice to do this when I can. I think the biggest challenge for me is not to use an eraser - so I used a pen :P

I tried to keep it to 30 min. Wasn't sure what to sketch so you can have a bunny from my calender :blush:
20180825_235346-1.jpg

@charmy @shivas Awesome, guys! Thanks for joining me! :D Love seeing different styles.

I won’t be able to do this everyday either but for now, the motivation is there so I’ll sketch when I can.

Practiced my vanishing point but it’s not very refined. I didn’t use a ruler. 😅 I was trying to sketch as quickly as I can as I wanted it to be a 30 minute sketch but ended up going over a little. About 45-50 mins.

RIP my pen.

17376B79-616E-40FE-B3DB-CE97C1B7E58B.jpeg

29C6F416-E709-44BD-B44C-C62AA0126279.jpeg

DC5B1308-8F2E-4043-845E-A6F56B3BAF58.jpeg

@Six I'd say it looks like some sort of large cat, lion, or a prehistoric feline. Looks good!

-

I'm no artist but I tried to draw a Triceratops. Unfortunately I did not plan the drawing very well and neglected to leave space to complete its tail.

And the feet and some of the body is wrong...

First attempt at drawing a triceratops though, so I'm not ashamed!

No idea how long it took me as I was on Discord at the same time, but maybe 15 mins?

Triceratops.jpg

Inspired by Tami’s food sketch!

95A064F1-F471-4A0F-808C-5E8BBDDDE0E4.jpeg

Love it, guys! Everyday I look forward to sketching.

Here’s today. First sketch in my A5 sketchbook. Practicing figures because I’m horrible at it. I want to be able to quickly sketch a figure in under 15 minutes. This took about 45 mins. :/ I had trouble with ears, arms, and hands.

C67770EE-55AC-4D89-86BE-BF2EFC652B74.jpeg

224CEE15-E1D8-42A5-9C73-2EC83A1EAAF4.jpeg

I didn't have a lot of time, but still wanted to draw something (everyone's sketches have me so inspired!)

I find it more challenging to draw without a reference but here's a quick sketch of a puppy ^_^
20180828_230146-1.jpg

This was a pain in the ass. Her posture, legs, everything. Best I can do without restarting over, but I really want to improve on this so I might continue to do posture for a bit.

512A3FA1-75DB-4020-BF4C-A3EE5B0D6D37.jpeg

1CD2A3F9-1931-4963-912C-CC85AE536565.jpeg

'Piano Hands' draft 1.

Featuring FFFVIII's T-Rexaur.

Piano hands 1.jpg

I swear I'm not just going to draw dinosaurs for this thread, but I had an idea based on an FFF thing I'm working on behind the scenes so I just rolled with it...

Far from perfect. Took me about 20-25 minutes, I think, but I was back and forth and spending time thinking during that too. I might redraw the concept and improve it at some point.

This one is a little bit more different but still part of my daily sketches routine. Logo sketches.

I have a pocket 3x5 notebook strictly for logo sketches. It’s not a pretty sight at all since it’s where I brainstorm ideas, research, and just a lot of thinking-process involved. It’s my mind on paper, basically. I don’t scratch out the not-so-great sketches either. I never know when version 2 or 5 might make its way (refined or altered in some way) to another project, so I keep these sketches for references.

I gravitate a lot to WIP art and designs - it’s very telling and I just love that whole concept.

So here’s a sneak peak:

DD704D06-B3FE-4DA8-840A-2E57448B13AD.jpeg

59F7D53D-076C-42A9-8C6E-279C509A434A.jpeg

Obviously not the final draft. 😅 Once I transfer these ideas in Illustrator, a lot of the final versions are created there.

I've been trying to find a good method of using colour - I admit fully I am not good at utilising myself! I've tried crayons, pencils, watercolour and most recently and trying to get to grips with ProMarkers:
FF8-2HIRHANDS.JPG

Overall I'm pleased with it, the expression is spot on and i like how I handled the folds on the sports top. Parts still annoy me like how it looks like he's about to give a fireslap instead of summoning Fire... and in regards to the pens themselves I'm still struggling to colour broad areas - hence why the shorts are so blotchy.

This is also in relation to the Final Fantasy VIII-2 Project i've been scripting :)

Last edited:
Maybe :)
I've been trying to get into colour more recently and went back to a concept sketch of Shenmue 3 from a while back. All was going well untll I got to the hair and it just blurred into a generic shade. So I resorted into colouring in with fine ink pens and now:
shenm3draw1s.jpg

It certainly isn't the style I intended with it, but I think it's at least recovered, so I guess I'll try continue it more with more outlines in a more manga fashion.

Back