Crisis Core Crisis Core: What would you change?

C i d

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
Going on with the trend of 'what would you change' thread, here's the crisis core version.

I haven't actually played the game. I just played the first 20 minutes or so.

Hence, I can't contribute much in this thread. But Im sure others can.

So share with us!

Well i'd take out the "activating combat mode and conflict resolved" announcement for one, It still annoys me somewhat. That and i'd tweak how the Digital Mind Wave reel works when it comes to leveling up. I haven't been able to think of how yet but i'll edit this post when i do, other than those things the game is fine for me.

A lot of people enjoyed Crisis Core, myself included, but let's be honest here.

It's a completely shit game.

The game uses the same combat engine as kingdom hearts and sucks even worse in this release. the maps and the way you encountered enemies were half assed to the core.

I am not sure what to say about the DMW, I do not want to dismiss it completely, but I feel like sometimes it just took too much immersion away. It's the same reason why I can't get into diablo 3. If I can log out of the game to buy new equipment, then I can go take a shit and take out the trash. Then I come back and I don't even want to play the game anymore.

Sometimes the DMW is just like that, with as often as it procs these little limit break things that no one cares about.

If I could, I would have liked to have seen the game flow into more of a DMC-esque style, with different combos and made combat more about physical ability than materia.

What L said that game is shitty so alot would have to be changed.

The battle system should be completely removed and have a more traditional FF like battle system. Have Tseng, Sephiroth and others in your party. Just don't have Zack alone.

The missions have to be more creative. They felt so repitive and were just doing the same thing over and over again.

Remove the friendship between Zack and Yuffie. So Yuffie meets a Zack look-a-alike in a few years time and doesn't recongize that he's a frawd ? Uhm. Kay. Rrright.

Don't make Aeris so scared of the sky . Nobody is that wussy. This woman was a tough chick of the slums who could defeat herself from creeps and robbers. :hmph:

Don't change the Nibelhiem tradgey, remove that pretty boy Genesis. :jtc:

It's been awhile since I played FF: Crisis Core, but I remember being very disappointed with the storyline. I was expecting it to be a true prequel to FFVII, but it kinda fell short of that. (Where the heck did Genesis come from anyhow?) Although I enjoyed the break from a turn-based battle system, it could have been improved. For instance, the "slot machine reel" thing was pretty annoying and random... I really enjoyed the ending of the game though. Pretty heartbreaking for me... ^^;

Id completely remove Genesis and that Hollander guy from the plot, angeal i could just about deal with, I liked the Wutai bit, and as annoying as young yuffie was at least it tied in with the main story, Genesis just took something away from the story rather than adding to it for me. Not to say I didnt enjoy the game, as I actually really did, but I think there was more potential there to work with what was already within the main game rather than inventing a whole new story which didnt really sit right with me

Its been a while since I played, so I cant really think of anything game play wise... alot of people disliked the DMW, I didnt mind it once I got used to it. It annoyed me with its randomness, though.

I'm offended! Genesis was the best thing for me. It explains more of how Sephiroth went crazy but if Genesis were to be removed so should Angeal and Lazard. And I liked Angeal too. It makes Sephiroth's past look more.. normal because he had friends and ofcourse in a prequel there are bound to be others in someone's past, right? They can't know the same people their whole lives. Cloud was such as weeny in it but I guess he has been in FFVII and AC too. I wouldn't change much. I didn't mind the battle system either. Maybe if they had a world map and more things to do (more interaction etc).. it would be better.
Besides.. Genesis is in the ending of DoC which could mean he's returning. Now Dirge of Cerberus is a game to talk about.. Vincent and Yuffie shouldn't have been the main characters in that.. but now I'm going off-topic.

The only change that needs to be made, is that this baby needs to be a console title. (Better visuals due to the PSPs limitations, and maybe fit more quests, etc.) But alas, that'll never happen. :cry:

Oh, give me a proper "Experience" bar or something, too. Haha.

Back