Britain as an Islamic State?

daredevil

Cali | Stray Arrows
Veteran
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
TTT, can you please tell me what benefits a Muslim receives when living under Sharia law? Please include benefits for both males and females.

And what is the point of living under these laws in the mind of a Muslim?

Last edited:

CassinoChips

Get out.
Veteran
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
TTT, can you please tell me what benefits a Muslim receives when living under Sharia law? Please include benefits for both males and females.
No, because there are too many variations within Sharia to specify. In some versions of Sharia, women become second-class citizens. In some versions of Sharia, there is little difference secularly between a woman living in a Sharia state, and a woman living in a non-Sharia state. What I think you're trying to imply is that any time Sharia law is implemented, women are automatically subjugated, which is simply not true. In some cases, like the Taliban regime in Afghanistan, yes. In other cases, like much of the pro-Western majority of Turkey, it's not.

And as an aside, before the middle of the 20th century, women under Sharia law were actually granted better legal status, more legal protection, and more legal rights than many of their counterparts in the West. So Sharia does not automatically mean subjugation for women.

Caliquin said:
What is the point of living under these laws in the mind of a Muslim?
That's like asking what's the point of following the Ten Commandments for a Christian. Many Muslims believe it is important to follow a certain interpretation of Sharia. Many do not.

daredevil

Cali | Stray Arrows
Veteran
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
In some versions of Sharia, women become second-class citizens.
Oh, I am fully aware of that.

In some versions of Sharia, there is little difference secularly between a woman living in a Sharia state, and a woman living in a non-Sharia state.
Examples, please?

That's like asking what's the point of following the Ten Commandments for a Christian. Many Muslims believe it is important to follow a certain interpretation of Sharia. Many do not.
I'm sorry, do the ten commandments speak of reducing a woman to nothing but a slave? Besides, this, I'm pretty sure we're not discussing Christianity. It's Islam we're discussing. That's really besides the point. How about we go speak about how the ten commandments strip a person of their rights in a thread specifically for that discussion instead of derailing this one?

I really need my questions answered before I can defend my argument. :ryan:

Terra Branford

Running an Orphanage!
Veteran
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
No, because there are too many variations within Sharia to specify. In some versions of Sharia, women become second-class citizens. In some versions of Sharia, there is little difference secularly between a woman living in a Sharia state, and a woman living in a non-Sharia state. What I think you're trying to imply is that any time Sharia law is implemented, women are automatically subjugated, which is simply not true. In some cases, like the Taliban regime in Afghanistan, yes. In other cases, like much of the pro-Western majority of Turkey, it's not.
I'm terribly sorry there TTT, but that is entirely incorrect. Shari'ah Law has no "variations" nor does there exist a part of it that supplies any good for a gender other than male or any good for any other religion. What you mean to say is, some countries hold "some" of the bad things out, but that doesn't mean it doesn't slip in and hurt and oppress women. An example of such a situation would be looking at England. A slave-woman was recently smuggled in and the man used her as a house slave promising money to her, but when they arrived, he kept her captive, beat her and didn't give her pay and he got caught, because those worst parts, were kept on a leash.

To simply say so is absurd and incorrect. Turkey's law holds most of the Shari'ah back, that doesn't make it any less "Shari'ah". I could provide examples, but I doubt anyone would want to hear...

"there is little difference secularly between a woman living in a Sharia state, and a woman living in a non-Sharia state."

Again, I'm sorry to state so, but that is also incorrect. The last time I checked, I wasn't being forced to wear a Burqa/clothes of a religion, so there are major differences, specifically freedom...

To say there is "little difference" is spitting in the face of the women suffering under Shari'ah Law everyday. It is mocking them and their pain and oppression and it is very wrong.

And as an aside, before the middle of the 20th century, women under Sharia law were actually granted better legal status, more legal protection, and more legal rights than many of their counterparts in the West. So Sharia does not automatically mean subjugation for women.
Funny one can say that but the actually evidence shows its not true. Women under Shari'ah Law and Islam, can't even drive a car alone and in most places, can't even drive because their hands will show. That's not only it, but they cannot divorce without three to two trustworthy Muslim men to back up their statement (see England for cases about it). A female Muslim must ask her husband for consent to divorce and must pay back the downy that has been paid, but the man may divorce whenever he wants to and the woman has to stay for three months -- regardless of her stay. There's also, following the Qur'ān, the rule of Shari'ah Law that states women cannot marry men unless they convert to Islam but men may marry women of The of Book or anyone else. Doesn't matter for them, but it does for women.

That's just some of the stuff against women. There is also, for both genders but happens more to women, the penalty of adultery, which is stonings. For unmarried women and men, its 100 lashes, according to the Qur'ān, of course....The punishment for stealing is multiplied by how many times you steal. Like amputation of your leg or arm....

You are right about Shari'ah law being different for different Islamic countries, but not in the sense in which you think. For the Ahlus Sunnah Muslim, a man can simply utter the word Talaq to instantly divorce his wife, leaving her nothing. In Shīʻah Muslim, men can use the Triple Talaq and can even do so through text messages, letters, other people...as long as its clear, of course. But that one is barely allowed under most big Islamic States, but only a few.

I'm sorry TTT, but it does automatically mean subjugation for women.

For one to claim its nearly the same is very wrong. The Ten Commandments are entirely different and offer justice, freedom and safety, as opposed to complete opposite, the Shari'ah Law.

Many support the full Shari'ah Law. Look at Egypt (82% percent believe in stoning people, cutting arms off for theft, 73% for killing non-Muslims...). Look at Iran. Look at Pakistan (there are a few cities were this doesn't occur, but that's only 2-3 cities..). Look at North Africa. Look at Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Iraq... or look at Saudi Arabia where women are literally stopped by police and told to wear more clothing (tourists don't have to though).

EDIT REPLIES TO LATER POSTS:
Unfortunately, I cannot reply to later posts (which I had already had a post for, but it was deleted) as I was told not to by mods (off-topic). Even though people would like to think differently about the issues I have presented, this doesn't mean they are correct. I'm sorry Sultan, I did have a reply to and directed what you brought up and why, um, to put it politely was 'wrong' but alas, I am not allowed to post it....

Last edited:

Ilyena

The mighty arms of Atlas
Staff member
Administrator
Veteran
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens

And what is the point of living under these laws in the mind of a Muslim?
What are the benefits of living under any law system? Sharia law is pretty much a law system based on the teachings of the Quran and the prophet Muhammed. Since many muslims believe that Islam is not only a religion but a way of life, this is where Sharia comes into play.

As far as incorporating Sharia into western laws, I don't think it should or will happen. A lot of countries in the west are huge melting pots (Britain, Canada, US) with a many different cultures and religions so it wouldn't really work.

Just a heads up guys, this thread is not about analyzing Sharia law but what people think about Britain becoming an Islamic State. Let's not stray far from the original topic. Thanks.

Sultan

White Mage
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
As an individual who's been raised in a country under Sharia law, maybe I can provide some info according to my acquired knowledge.

1) There's no religious ruling on the prohibition of women driving. The majority of Muslim nations, though they don't necessarily follow Sharia, allow driving for both genders. However, sharia does not dictate that women are not allowed to drive. In fact, the process of legalizing driving for women in Saudi is under study. You can understand why a slowly developing country would want to take its sweet time in a matter that reshapes the people's every day lives there.

2) There is no Islamic decree that justifies FGM. Male circumcision is obligatory, while female circumcision is not. And if practiced it is not a complete removal of the clitoris, and some of those who practice it justify it with a Hadith that is not Sahih ( the hadith is poor and not narrated by an authoritative source). The shariah law of Saudi follows the rulings of the Quran and Hadith sahih. http://archive.arabnews.com/?page=9&section=0&article=60703&d=20&m=3&y=2005

3) Education is an act of worship and is encouraged to both males and females. In Jeddah, my hometown, there are better academically performing females than males. We have female doctors, administrators, scientists and so on.

4) Honorable killings? http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?cid=1119503543362&pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar%2FFatwaE%2FFatwaE

5) Men are not superior to women in Islam. Men were given the burden of leadership, and leading is a service. In no way are men and women viewed as unequal, only different.

6) Women are indeed required to cover their bodies and hair.. in public. Women are free to dress as they like in the comfort of their homes and in the presence of their close relatives. Theoretically, if there are public areas where only women are allowed then there isn't a need to cover oneself.

If they are in the company of non-related or strange men, then they are required to cover their bodies. The Burka is only optional, but encouraged if the individual is wearing make up.

7) Child marriages are extremely rare today, are not socially acceptable in today's standards and are executed in the lesser developing and lower educated areas. It is more of a Bedouin tradition than anything else. It predates Islamic ruling and was practiced in a sense that the bride and groom would grow to be tied to one another. Any action that harms the individual, child or no, is extremely forbidden. That includes forced entry of any kind.

8) As for Domestic Violence:

"Abusing the wife physically or emotionally is not allowed in Islam, and the Muslim husband is required to fear Allah and set a good example for his wife and do his best to have a successful marital life that is based on piety and righteousness. It is unbecoming of the Muslim husband to abuse his wife physically or emotionally, the thing which threatens the family, the very core of society."

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/...nglish-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaEAskTheScholar

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/...h-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503544256

9) Reports of rape are dealt with careful investigation, and the case of drinking alcohol, adultery and fornication is only punishable if it was reported by -at least- 4 practicing adult muslims. In Islam, you are required to not speak publically about sins that you actively commit or have committed. " The gates of forgiveness and redemption is always open till your last breath or till the sun rises from the west" as we say. Any -immoral- sin that does not involve harming others physically, financially etc. such as drinking is between you and god. If you were to drink in the presence of at least -four adult muslims- then you will be reported and prosecuted accordingly. In short, don't fornicate, commit adultery, drink and commit similar sins in -PUBLIC-. The reason for being secretive about the sins that you commit is because you won't be influencing others. If you do it in public then you would probably cause mischief into certain individual's hearts and in turn they might become influenced by your actions.

Sins that include -direct- harm to others, such as dealing drugs, rape, thievery, murder and so on, does not require the presence of 4 adult witnesses. It is taken immediately under investigation.

Know that the information I provided is according to my knowledge of the laws that are applied from Hanafi Muslim Shariah, which Saudi Arabia follows. Know that I am not oblivious to certain incidents that have been surfacing on the news, but these examples do no dictate the actual teachings of Islam but reflect those who are not well educated in their religion, corrupt, misinterpreted their teachings, bluntly perverting their teachings to meet their own interest and end, violating the teachings or possibly following a certain school of Islam that has developed far in time from the original teachings of Islam's inception.

Remember that there are many reports of perverted acts that are not exclusive to the muslim world, but also pertain to the rest of the world. Know that the majority of Muslim nations are developing countries and ideal high quality education in Islamic and non-Islamic subjects is not widely available.

The benefits of shariah to Muslim men and women are spiritual and religious benefits that allow them to practice their beliefs in a society that holds their values dearly. I can't really say much on the subject of Britain becoming an Islamic state, because I'm not very knowledgeable on the matter, and I apologize if my post does not contribute to this thread's subject. As a Muslim I am to respect foreigners, their choices and their beliefs in their own societies and cultures, and only judge with cultural relativism.

I would normally say that if an individual wants to live their life in a way that violates the laws of one's country, they should leave for one that suits their values and beliefs. I usually say this to those who want to lead certain unfavorable lifestyles in a Muslim country such as the one I hail from and ask for my advice. However in this case, Britain is one that isn't initially established on religious laws (the current government, anyways) and it has its own distinct religion-free and liberal qualities so I understand why the position of being against the concept of a religious government is apparent. Whatever Britain's future might be I only hope it is one of progression and benefit for all, Muslims and non Muslims alike.

God bless.

Last edited:

CassinoChips

Get out.
Veteran
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
"I can provide evidence but, really, it's just not necessary."

Cali said:
I'm sorry, do the ten commandments speak of reducing a woman to nothing but a slave? Besides, this, I'm pretty sure we're not discussing Christianity. It's Islam we're discussing. That's really besides the point. How about we go speak about how the ten commandments strip a person of their rights in a thread specifically for that discussion instead of derailing this one?
Compleeeeetely missed the point. I was not comparing Christianity to Islam. I was comparing an adherent of Christianity's desire to be beholden to their religion's laws to an adherent of Islam's desire to be beholden to their religion's laws. Just like a woman who has been brought up in a predominantly Christian area would more readily accept a Christianity-centered law, a woman who has been brought up in a predominantly Muslim area would more readily accept an Islam-centered law. I am passing no judgment on either count. It's simply an analogy.

I'm terribly sorry there TTT, but that is entirely incorrect. Shari'ah Law has no "variations"
Factually incorrect.

TB said:
nor does there exist a part of it that supplies any good for a gender other than male or any good for any other religion.
Factually incorrect.

TB said:
What you mean to say is,
I said what I meant, and I meant what I said.

TB said:
some countries hold "some" of the bad things out, but that doesn't mean it doesn't slip in and hurt and oppress women.
Like how in the U.S., women continue to make 80 cents to every dollar a man makes?

TB said:
An example of such a situation would be looking at England. A slave-woman was recently smuggled in and the man used her as a house slave promising money to her, but when they arrived, he kept her captive, beat her and didn't give her pay and he got caught, because those worst parts, were kept on a leash.
Human trafficking occurs everywhere, and is not exclusive to adherents of Sharia.

TB said:
To simply say so is absurd and incorrect. Turkey's law holds most of the Shari'ah back, that doesn't make it any less "Shari'ah". I could provide examples, but I doubt anyone would want to hear...
You're right. It doesn't make it less Sharia. It makes it a different interpretation of Sharia, like I said previously.

TB said:
"there is little difference secularly between a woman living in a Sharia state, and a woman living in a non-Sharia state."

Again, I'm sorry to state so, but that is also incorrect. The last time I checked, I wasn't being forced to wear a Burqa/clothes of a religion, so there are major differences, specifically freedom...
You must be watching Faux News, because taking quotes out of context is one of their hallmarks.

In some interpretations of Christianity, women are not allowed to wear "split-legged trousers" in public. They may only wear skirts/dresses. In Hassidic Judaism, there are the little curly things guys have to keep. Amish men and women can only wear certain forms of dress.

TB said:
To say there is "little difference" is spitting in the face of the women suffering under Shari'ah Law everyday. It is mocking them and their pain and oppression and it is very wrong.
Lol. If some of those women saw some of the things you've written here about their religion, they'd say you were spitting in their face and mocking them as well. So settle down with the high and mighty act there. And again, context. I said that in many versions of Sharia, women do not "suffer," so there is no difference between the two. The premise is that they're not suffering. So how can I be mocking their suffering.

TB said:
Funny one can say that but the actually evidence shows its not true. Women under Shari'ah Law and Islam, can't even drive a car alone and in most places, can't even drive because their hands will show.
Shown to be factually incorrect by Sultan.

TB said:
That's not only it, but they cannot divorce without three to two trustworthy Muslim men to back up their statement (see England for cases about it). A female Muslim must ask her husband for consent to divorce and must pay back the downy that has been paid,
Factually incorrect. According to Sharia law, women always keep their dowry.

TB said:
but the man may divorce whenever he wants to and the woman has to stay for three months -- regardless of her stay.
Factually incorrect. The woman can seek a divorce any time a part of the marriage contract is violated. It's called Khula. And there are differing opinions on the Iddah, the waiting period you mentioned. However, I don't know what you mean by "stay for three months." In the three-month interpretation of Iddah, she doesn't have to "stay" anywhere, she just can't remarry for three months.

TB said:
There's also, following the Qur'ān, the rule of Shari'ah Law that states women cannot marry men unless they convert to Islam but men may marry women of The of Book or anyone else. Doesn't matter for them, but it does for women.
It does matter. It's considered a responsibility of Muslim men to marry a Muslim woman, unless he is in an area where there are no, or few, Muslim women. But you're right, in some versions of Sharia, this does exist. But then, I'm right, and in some versions of Sharia, it does not exist.

TB said:
That's just some of the stuff against women. There is also, for both genders but happens more to women, the penalty of adultery, which is stonings. For unmarried women and men, its 100 lashes, according to the Qur'ān, of course....The punishment for stealing is multiplied by how many times you steal. Like amputation of your leg or arm....
No disagreement.

TB said:
You are right about Shari'ah law being different for different Islamic countries, but not in the sense in which you think. For the Ahlus Sunnah Muslim, a man can simply utter the word Talaq to instantly divorce his wife, leaving her nothing. In Shīʻah Muslim, men can use the Triple Talaq and can even do so through text messages, letters, other people...as long as its clear, of course. But that one is barely allowed under most big Islamic States, but only a few.
Only one, actually. Malaysia.

And according to Pakistani law, which is Sharia-heavy, "A wife who unluckily could not find herself to be in a peaceful wedlock with her husband and is desirous of getting a divorce has a statutory right to get divorce as the law does not believe in hateful unions "

Now, having cultural access and support to acquire a divorce may be another issue, but the law does support her seeking a Khula.

TB said:
I'm sorry TTT, but it does automatically mean subjugation for women.
I'm sorry, but it doesn't.

TB said:
For one to claim its nearly the same is very wrong. The Ten Commandments are entirely different and offer justice, freedom and safety, as opposed to complete opposite, the Shari'ah Law.
See above. I'm not saying the two are the same.

TB said:
Many support the full Shari'ah Law. Look at Egypt (82% percent believe in stoning people, cutting arms off for theft, 73% for killing non-Muslims...). Look at Iran. Look at Pakistan (there are a few cities were this doesn't occur, but that's only 2-3 cities..). Look at North Africa. Look at Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Iraq... or look at Saudi Arabia where women are literally stopped by police and told to wear more clothing (tourists don't have to though).
"Look at Pakistan (there are a few cities were this doesn't occur, but that's only 2-3 cities..). "

Explain to me how this sentence doesn't prove my entire point. Why doesn't it occur in those 2-3 cities? Possibly because they have a different interpretation of Sharia law?

===========

To wrap this up in an on-topic bow, I don't see Britain becoming an Islamic state any time soon. However, if it were to become so, it wouldn't necessarily become a so-called "Sharia" state. But even if it were to go that far, it wouldn't necessarily become an oppressive state. The non-Muslim Brits would never stand for it, and, simply put, it doesn't automatically equate to subjugation of any particular group.

Sum1sgruj

Banned
Veteran
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
Wha? Sharia laws in Britain- will never happen, unless some incredible stuff happens. Immigration alone isn't enough.
Muslims may very well be in the billions, but there are billions more people in countries with established gov't and law. That is Sharia law only reaches less
fortunate countries.

I mean, technically speaking, the Judaic religion speaks of stoning people to death, casting ill people from society, etc. but you don't see Jews doing that.
Most Muslims do not adhere to Sharia law just as Jews do not adhere to God's original laws. The same can go for Christians. We live in the 'new world'- or something like that.
It's the wild, wild east out there :huh:

Ilyena

The mighty arms of Atlas
Staff member
Administrator
Veteran
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
Just a heads up guys, this thread is not about analyzing Sharia law but what people think about Britain becoming an Islamic State. Let's not stray far from the original topic. Thanks.
I'm just going to reiterate this as people still seem to be diverging from the original topic.

Sum1sgruj

Banned
Veteran
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
I'm just going to reiterate this as people still seem to be diverging from the original topic.
I don't understand.. An Islamic state opts to obey Muslim law, including the dark corners of it if taken abroad.

I guess,, this will suffice?:

I feel that many Western countries are jumping at the sight of Islamic growth. I think this is unnecessary. The U.S. is a melting pot with all religions. Catholicism is one of the big ones, especially with Latin immigration. Yet, in every part of the country, Catholic churches are somewhat rare in relevance to the free Christian churches that riddle every county/city of every state within.
If Britain becomes an Islamic state, that's bad news for the free world :awesome:

Harlequin

Keepin it Movin
Veteran
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
To wrap this up in an on-topic bow, I don't see Britain becoming an Islamic state any time soon. However, if it were to become so, it wouldn't necessarily become a so-called "Sharia" state. But even if it were to go that far, it wouldn't necessarily become an oppressive state. The non-Muslim Brits would never stand for it, and, simply put, it doesn't automatically equate to subjugation of any particular group.
Well it might not necessarily equate to subjugation, but when are things ever as simple as might not so will not? Not that I believe there is no way religion and government could mix, but we're talking about a code of laws which could easily be misconstrued to oppress all accept muslims. For example I could be wrong seeing as I'm not fully learned in this, but there's a concept called Dhimmi which I believe is a part of Sharia law which makes second class citizens out of those who aren't muslim, essentially limiting their civil rights. It's stated explicitly that they aren't legally as important as muslims, that is in it's very literal form, inequality. Where there is inequality, oppression inevitably follows, we've had numerous examples of this particular dynamic throughout history and it always repeats itself.

You say the non muslim Brits wouldn't stand for it, but currently the only groups who openly - and vehemently so - oppose the transition are the EDL and the BNP, both of whom are considered narrow minded and racist by the majority of the population, whether true or not. You might think the Brits wouldn't stand for it, but you live in a country that is particularly patriotic, one with a strong national identity. We don't have that in Britain, the British roll over these days.

Wha? Sharia laws in Britain- will never happen, unless some incredible stuff happens. Immigration alone isn't enough.
Immigration isn't the only contribution to the muslim population in Britain. I believe conversions and child indoctrination play a far larger part in the boom of Islam in Britian.

I mean, technically speaking, the Judaic religion speaks of stoning people to death, casting ill people from society, etc. but you don't see Jews doing that.
Most Muslims do not adhere to Sharia law just as Jews do not adhere to God's original laws. The same can go for Christians. We live in the 'new world'- or something like that.
As much as I disagree with this, especially how general you're being with you estimations, I'm not inclined to comment further on these issues because the comparisons and other religions are largely off topic.

daredevil

Cali | Stray Arrows
Veteran
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
[FONT=&quot] What are the benefits of living under any law system?[/FONT]
That depends. What law system are you speaking of?
[FONT=&quot] Sharia law is pretty much a law system based on the teachings of the Quran and the prophet Muhammed. Since many muslims believe that Islam is not only a religion but a way of life, this is where Sharia comes into play. [/FONT]
We all know what the origins of Sharia are and why they want it. The question is, do you understand what Sharia law is? What it does to you and I as women? What it does to nonbelievers?
What it will do to Britain(or anywhere else for that matter) if Sharia law was fully established in those countries?
"I can provide evidence but, really, it's just not necessary."
It is, though. Since, what we’re discussing revolves around Sharia law. So… burden of proof is in your hands.
[FONT=&quot]Compleeeeetely missed the point. I was not comparing Christianity to Islam. I was comparing an adherent of Christianity's desire to be beholden to their religion's laws to an adherent of Islam's desire to be beholden to their religion's laws.[/FONT]
You seemed to have missed my point. The difference from both religions wanting their “laws” to be implemented country-wise is that, Sharia is dangerous and sexist, not to mention racist while others don’t nearly hold a quarter of what dangers Sharia holds towards not only women, but nonbelievers of any God, such as yourself.

blakstang98

Paladin
Veteran
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
That depends. What law system are you speaking of?
We all know what the origins of Sharia are and why they want it. The question is, do you understand what Sharia law is? What it does to you and I as women? What it does to nonbelievers?
What it will do to Britain(or anywhere else for that matter) if Sharia law was fully established in those countries?
It is, though. Since, what we’re discussing revolves around Sharia law. So… burden of proof is in your hands.
You seemed to have missed my point. The difference from both religions wanting their “laws” to be implemented country-wise is that, Sharia is dangerous and sexist, not to mention racist while others don’t nearly hold a quarter of what dangers Sharia holds towards not only women, but nonbelievers of any God, such as yourself.
Again, we're getting off topic. This thread is about Britain becoming an Islamic state, not Sharia law. If you want to use Sharia law to define your arguement about Britain and it's growth in Islam, then by all means, but this isn't a debate about how it affects women or races or other countries for that matter. So lets get on topic please.

Isn't an Islamic state the same as Sahria Law? 8( They go hand in hand.
Again, how does this relate to Britain? This is where I'm going with this. We can yammer on about Sharia law, but that's not what this thread is about. And also, please don't spam post.

daredevil

Cali | Stray Arrows
Veteran
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
Dirty Harry, with all due respect, it relates to Britain because if it falls to an ISLAMIC state it will have SHARIA LAW, there for hence my post. A country becomes an Islamic state by enforcing their laws, aka, Sharia Law. If it has Sharia Law the lives of people living in Britain will change drastically. My post was written so that people viewing this thread can asks themselves, what benefits will they encounter while living under an Islamic State in Britain.

Hence. my. whole. post.

And as a woman, my posts on what Sharia does to women is in line with my opinion on its implementation on Britain or anywhere else for that matter.

Harlequin

Keepin it Movin
Veteran
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
And as a woman, my posts on what Sharia does to women is in line with my opinion on its implementation on Britain or anywhere else for that matter.
In all fairness her emphasis on Sharia is explained here. I feel it's fully within the topic to discuss one's opinion on it's implementation in our western society, especially when taking into consideration the widespread view that women get the shorter end of the stick when Sharia is implemented as a theocracy. Of course, whilst the title says Britian, I did point out that this wasn't an issue solely faced by the UK but in fact Europe and indeed beyond.

Top Bottom