Mogrinch
FFXIV
Mitsuki Calei
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
Birthweek 2012

May Birthweek commence! Similar to last year, we've got a bunch of competitions for you guys to partake in.
As some of you know, we usually start this off a few weeks before June 6 in order to give you guys two weeks to submit your entries and cast your nominations for the member awards, a fun little event for members, old and new alike. On June 6, the polls will be posted (competitions / awards) and it's pretty much the 'voting week' for us.

Onwards to the competitions then!

For each competition, there will be a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prizes (vBPoints) included. Make sure to take the time to enter as many competitions as you can, because in case you do win some points, the member with the highest accumulative points at the end of Birthweek event will receive yet another prize!
Call it the ultimate prize. Or something like that.

The winner will be given a choice of:

- $15 iTunes gift card
- $15 Target gift card
- $15 Starbucks gift card
- A CD or DVD of your choice (again, limit of up to $15)
- Gift through Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/ ) - You guessed it, up to $15!

I wish I can add a zero there, but this will have to do.

The item will be mailed to you once the event is over, and I may include a personalized card. Unless you would rather avoid that; totally understandable. =P The little note I mailed to Ariana (last year's winner) was a complete mess, unfortunately.

On top of those goodies, you have the option to have a colored username of your choice for 3 months! (As long as it's within reason).

So if you're interested, try and enter as many competitions as possible in order to get ahead of the game. ;)

Here's the list of competitions you should look out for:

FFF Talent Competition
FFF Voices - Mimic a Scene
FFF Voices - Guess the Member
AACFAA (...I have no idea what this stands for @Gingerbread Man)
artPad Competition
Art Competition
Caricature Contest
Poetry Contest
Photography Contest

GFX Tagwall Competition
Birthweek SOTW (whoever wins SOTW on June 9th - assuming the voting poll goes up by then - will count towards Birthweek points.)
Triple Triad Tournament (Sign-Ups for now; Tournament will be held on June 6)
Game Review Competition

...and many more coming on June 6! Yes, the fun mini-games will have to wait; for now we want to get the guidelines to get you guys started, which will be posted later today. On top of this, any FF-week related competitions will also synchronize with Birthweek. So if you join any of the competitions / quizzes and managed to come out on the Top 3, you will receive vBPoints and those points will count towards Birthweek. Lirael and Uncle Ulty will be in charge of those, so if you have any questions and ideas, feel free to ask them. :)

Gaming Clans - I know we've mentioned this a few times before, but we're planning on relaunching the clans for you guys. I think we decided for one clan for now, yes? Sign-ups will be ready soon. The Game Review Competition will be the first competition for the Gaming Clans, and yes, it will count towards Birthweek Points.

I know that's a lot of competitions lined up in such a short amount of time, so if necessary, we''ll give a few days to a week extension or if enough members request it. But for now, we'll stick with June 6 and see how that goes.

We'll be keeping track of the winners for each competitions and list them here, so check back often!

----

Birthweek Points

Puzzle Challenge

1st - Cardiac Kid (300 points)
2nd place - Cali (200 points)
3rd place - Sabriel (100 points)

---

Art Contest
1st - Toni (500 points)

---

Triple Triad Tournament
1st - Happy Dog (600 points)
2nd - Cali (300 points)
3rd - Sheechiibii & Gavin (100 points)

---

Beat Barry Behemoth!
1st - Starburst (300 points)
2nd - Mockingjay (200 points)
3rd - Cali (100 points)

---

FFVII vBQuiz
1st - Happy Dog and Ballade (500 points)
2nd - Cali (300 points)
3rd - PhoenyxAngel (100 points)

---

Birthweek SOTW

1st - Mitsuki (300 points)
2nd - Cali (200 points)
3rd - Six (100 points)

---

Pin the tail on ze Shoopuf!

1st - SaShman (300 points)
2nd - Me Gustith (200 points)
3rd place - Happy Dog (100 points)

---

Final Fantasy VII Writing Contest

1st - Cali (500 points)
2nd - Dragon Mage (300 points)
3rd - Martel (100 points)

---

Poetry Competition

1st - Kylie (500 points)
2nd - Sepalcure (300 points)
3rd - Sexy Beast (100 points)

---

Tagwall Competition
1st - Mitsuki (500 points)
2nd - Uncle Ulty (300 points)
3rd - Six & Cali (100 points)

---

AACFAA
1st - Kylie (500 points)
2nd - Cali (300 points)
3rd - Conor (100 points)

---

FF Name that Tune
1st - Cid (300 points)
2nd - Omegadruid (200 points)
3rd - PhoenyxAngel (100 points)

---

FFF Voices

1st - Mitsuki (300 points)

---

Photography Contest

1st - Coco (500 points)
2nd - Mitsuki (300 points)
3rd - Cali (100 points)

Game Reviews
1st - Conor (500 points)
2nd - Cali (300 points)

Birthweek Points Total

Cali - 2200 points
Mitsuki - 1400 points
Happy Dog - 1200 points
Kylie - 1000 points
Uncle Ulty - 900 points
Conor - 600 points
Coco - 500 points
Toni - 500 points
Raye - 500 points
Sepalcure - 300 points
Smiley - 300 points
Starburst - 300 points
SaShman - 300 points
Dragon Mage - 300 points
Omegadruid - 200 points
Me Gustith - 200 points
Mockingjay - 200 points
Six - 200 points
Sheechiibii - 100 points
Gavin - 100 points
Cardiac Kid - 300 points
PhoenyxAngel - 200 points
Sabriel - 100 points
Martel - 100 points
Sexy Beast - 100 points

Last edited:
Also, I know there's no RP-related competition right now, but I was hoping to add one or two. I didn't really get a chance to discuss it with Jesse, but if any of the RP committee have any ideas or suggestions, please let us know right away and we'll add that in. At first I thought a Character Creation Bio (played around the idea of using Skyrim characters or something) of some sort might work, but seeing as it's not my forte, I can't run that.

@Insanity Wolf - Feedback?

:lol:

AACFAA stands for Argor's Art Competition For Awful Artists.

It was originally Aztec's game but when he left I became his spiritual successor.

We can call it something else if we need to, as it will be a bit odd being the only game with a username on it. :argor:

Is it sad the reason I want to join this is because of the three month name color change? :hmmm:

Too bad I can't enter :lew:

Why would you not be able to enter? :huh: The Meddler

Why would you not be able to enter? :huh: @The Meddler

FFF Talent Competition X - cant do. unless gfxing is considered a talent? :wacky:
FFF Voices - Mimic a Scene - cant do. nothing to record on.
FFF Voices - Guess the Member - maybe
AACFAA (...I have no idea what this stands for @Gingerbread Man) - ??
artPad Competition - cant do because I can't draw lol
Art Competition - cant do again, because i cannot draw :lew:
Caricature Contest - ??
Poetry Contest - cant do (obviously)
Photography Contest - cant do (dont know anything about it :lew: )
GFX Tagwall Competition
- obviously i can do this (try to)
Triple Triad Tournament (Sign-Ups for now; Tournament will be held on June 6)
- cant do. dont know the rules. :hmmm:
Game Review Competition - maybe I can do this if I can pick the game. :hmmm:

From the looks of it I can only do the tagwall thing and maybe the guess the member and the game review one. But I know even if I won all three I still wouldn't have many points. Hence why I won't bother :lew:

But I always enjoy reading and voting on them :ari:

You still have a good chance, what with FFVII week going on (writing competition and quizzes). There will be other games/challenges on June 6 as well. Won't hurt to try either way.

Caricature Contest - ??

Example:

6hbM1.jpg

But anyway, as much as I would love to do this again, I have exams.

You still have a good chance, what with FFVII week going on (writing competition and quizzes). There will be other games/challenges on June 6 as well. Won't hurt to try either way.

Oh, I didn't know that the FFVII week stuff counted :lew: So if I (by some unearthly reason) won the writing comp and the quizzes it adds to the points? :ohoho: I didn't know that :lew:

And what other games?

Member Elimination (we'll do teams again, similar to the Christmas event)
Jesse's Cipher Challenge
Few FFF-related quizzes

And something similar to the last Survivor challenge. I don't have a name for it. :hmmm: Dan also has a few fun competitions in mind, but I'm not sure of the details yet. Tia might do the Name that Tune, and I might bring back the Trivia Board.

Most people can't do everything, it is meant to give evryone a chance to do well at something rather than have one person excel at everything. Also just give everything a bash, you might just win. Who could ever forget Hal's stirring death haiku

^Haha, what an amazing poem :ari:

Alright, guess I can try all of them :ryan: Do I have to... sign up? if so consider this my signing up :lew:

Nah from what I remember you just post in some of the threads for voting ones. If you are entering a competition you PM the mod running it your entry. There will be a thread for each event with info on deadlines and who to PM to etc.

We've generally done an RP Tournament for Birthweek. I can throw that together, assuming we get enough participants.

Yeah, I have two ideas for fun games knocking about. I won't give details, and I'm still trying to figure out how to do the rules for one of them.

My other games are:
Beat Barry Behemoth!
Pin the Tail on the Shoopuf.

Deadline's coming up, guys. Anyone need a few days extension?

Sure thing, we'll extend it by the 9th. I think this goes for all the competitions. :hmmm:

Back