Best Final Fantasy Game?

Personally, my three favorites are VII, X, and XII. I love all 3, however for number 1, I would have to choose XII. I love the amount of freedom you have to explore without having to worry about random battles. You can actually see your enemies, and you fight them without transferring to a battle screen. Also, all the sidequests, hunts, and hidden bosses as well as all of the espers just added to the experience.

FFIX without question for me, overall it is just the best game, in terms of graphics, characters, battle system, story and charm. Also my best FMV with Odin being summoned for the first time on that tree city was very much a OMG moment.

I do agree. A lot of people overlook the reasons for his moodiness in the begining and say he goes out of character by the end and all that, but really he's just someone who was abandoned when he was young and had to learn to trust people again. I like Squall, he's one of my favourite characters.

I'm not sure if VIII is my favourite FF or if X is, sometimes I even think IX might be, I'm always a little torn between them three.

Xx..xX
Yeah! squall was so stone-cold back then...when quistis wanted to be consoled he said "go talk to the wall" that was SO COLD :O
but in the end when he actually smiled ...i was like YAY! AT LAST HE SMILED HAHA XD

same here :p FFVIII was the recent FF i finished, but i liked FFVII the most, specially cz of crisis core,zack's story was too touching :'(

i also think FFVIII is cool...but thing is ...i just don't get one part right...squall...someone so cold hearted like him (i know he had a sad past but still...) how did he and when did he fell for rinoa ? that's the only reason i can't make myself like FFVIII as much as VII...but other parts are AWESOME! specially laguna's story!

He wasn't the generic "anti-social coolish cold" heroe. If you payed enough attention to his "thought bubbles", you should notice that he's scared of losing the people he loves again, that's why he kept his distance so he would never have any friends and thus safe from the feeling of losing someone importance. He only fell for Rinoa (this part is important) because she's an extrovert. You can think of Squall feeling such as one hand reaching out to his friends with the other hand cutting the bonds off (aka a war was always going in his mind). But Since Rinoa is an extrovert, she forced her into his life so that he cannot get her out and finally given up. At the end, when he finally got off his anti-social attitude he smiled. It is because even though one day he will lose his loved one, he realized that he can only feel true happiness when he open himself to everyone which is the opposite of the grumpy squall who kept his distance ("I'm gonna be ok, because i'm not alone" which is the opposite of "I'm gonna be ok, I'm gonna be strong --> stay away from everyone"). It's a very nice theme of introvert that Square put in the game, a complex theme that has never seen before in prior to FFVIII.

Edit: i forgot to mention the symbol of the white feather which will support my post better. The white feather is widely known as the symbol of cowardice/bravery in combat. Imo, this is one the best use of symbolism i have every seen in any kind of media. It's perfectly fit with Squall, a coward in the inside who always afraid facing the feeling of losing someone important and a brave warrior on the outside, who later on became the leader of the Seed.
So no, he wasn't cold, he's just scared. About one of the few 3D characters in the series (in terms of characteristics)

Last edited:
He wasn't the generic "anti-social coolish cold" heroe. If you payed enough attention to his "thought bubbles", you should notice that he's scared of losing the people he loves again, that's why he kept his distance so he would never have any friends and thus safe from the feeling of losing someone importance. He only fell for Rinoa (this part is important) because she's an extrovert. You can think of Squall feeling such as one hand reaching out to his friends with the other hand cutting the bonds off (aka a war was always going in his mind). But Since Rinoa is an extrovert, she forced her into his life so that he cannot get her out and finally given up. At the end, when he finally got off his anti-social attitude he smiled. It is because even though one day he will lose his loved one, he realized that he can only feel true happiness when he open himself to everyone which is the opposite of the grumpy squall who kept his distance ("I'm gonna be ok, because i'm not alone" which is the opposite of "I'm gonna be ok, I'm gonna be strong --> stay away from everyone"). It's a very nice theme of introvert that Square put in the game, a complex theme that has never seen before in prior to FFVIII.

Edit: i forgot to mention the symbol of the white feather which will support my post better. The white feather is widely known as the symbol of cowardice/bravery in combat. Imo, this is one the best use of symbolism i have every seen in any kind of media. It's perfectly fit with Squall, a coward in the inside who always afraid facing the feeling of losing someone important and a brave warrior on the outside, who later on became the leader of the Seed.
So no, he wasn't cold, he's just scared. About one of the few 3D characters in the series (in terms of characteristics)
i got the point :3 thanks :D
but you can't say that he wasn't cold :p just look what he said to quistis when she wanted to be consoled ? "go talk to the wall" man! that stings...but i know...how he changed...and i jumped with joy when he smiled in the end of the game XD but my point is...it was just too sudden..i mean...for example...laguna's feelings were always clear towards raine right ?
but when it comes to squall...he was like always the anti-social guy (not to lose someone precious like ellone again) but as soon as rinoa went into coma (ultimecia possessing her) he became crazy towards her...he wouldn't even get jealous right before that incident when she talked about seifer..that's what i m talking about...Square could make it a little clear..i mean..to put thoughts about squall starting to like rinoa in the mind conversation of his :p

i got the point :3 thanks :D
but you can't say that he wasn't cold :p just look what he said to quistis when she wanted to be consoled ? "go talk to the wall" man! that stings...but i know...how he changed...and i jumped with joy when he smiled in the end of the game XD but my point is...it was just too sudden..i mean...for example...laguna's feelings were always clear towards raine right ?
but when it comes to squall...he was like always the anti-social guy (not to lose someone precious like ellone again) but as soon as rinoa went into coma (ultimecia possessing her) he became crazy towards her...he wouldn't even get jealous right before that incident when she talked about seifer..that's what i m talking about...Square could make it a little clear..i mean..to put thoughts about squall starting to like rinoa in the mind conversation of his :p
I think putting the hint in squall "thought bubbles" would actually ruin the squall character himself. You never realize how much you care for other people until you lose them, i think this is one of the message square wanted to convey. You see how the moment squall saw the risk of losing Rinoa, he started acting strangely? cause he's scared, he has already seen Rinoa as a close friend/more than that.

I think putting the hint in squall "thought bubbles" would actually ruin the squall character himself. You never realize how much you care for other people until you lose them, i think this is one of the message square wanted to convey. You see how the moment squall saw the risk of losing Rinoa, he started acting strangely? cause he's scared, he has already seen Rinoa as a close friend/more than that.
hey :eek: that actually made sense :eek: yeah! EXACTLY! that's how it is!
i got ma answer at last XD THANKS :D

:cactaur::cactaur::cactaur:for me i would say that FFV was the best because it has awesome characters, awesome job system and a awesome story line, its very unfortunate that not many people have played it :( :cactaur:

We all have our divided opinions of what is our favourites and why, but deep down we know VII was, and still is the best Final Fantasy in existence.

That is all. :)

I believe that VI is the best Final Fantasy...

It had a wonderful orchestrated soundtrack that pushed the limits of the SNES sounds, a wonderful cast with so many characters to love, a amazing and psychotic villian and good gameplay. :busta:

Good game, good game. :ryan:

:cactaur::cactaur::cactaur:for me i would say that FFV was the best because it has awesome characters, awesome job system and a awesome story line, its very unfortunate that not many people have played it :( :cactaur:

Omg ! Another FF V fan ! :kira: Yes, more people need to play FF V. Plus, I love your Spoony Bard avatar ! :melody:

Oh gosh, this was such a hard pick for me! >_< I was having trouble deciding between IX and Tactics, but in the end I went with Tactics! Imo it has the most solid story and pacing out of all of the other titles. I get that the gameplay can be a bit hard, but after learning the ropes, it really is one of the deeper titles in the series with such a rich setting.

Only IX comes close to it in terms of plot I think. XII tried to, but about halfway through it lost its steam. :c

Back