Anybody replaying FF7 again?

Legion

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
In this recent wave of Crisis Core euphoria, I'm willing to gamble it's not just me that's decided to pick up FF7 again.

Well I hope it's not anyway, otherwise I'll feel pretty lonely.

Actually, the other reason why I'm playing again is also because it's the 10th anniversary of FF7 still, and coincidentally the last time I properly played the game was that whole decade ago.

So I'm kinda intrigued in how my older self will interpret the game, compared to the younger barely teen me who wouldn't have appreciated the subtler or deeper nuances of the game, and was more obsessed about Tifa's chest and whether Aeris and Cloud did it in the Gold Saucer gondola.

It's been worth it so far though, because I discovered something completely new to me in this new playthrough that I had never found out before. It's pretty inconsequential and has no bearing on the story, but: At the slum church where you first meet Aeris for the second time after crashing through the roof, you can run around inside there while you wait for her to sort her flowers out. If you run outside and behind the open church door and press the action button, a text box will come up of somebody saying "I'll give you two a moment". I found this really cool, because that's obviously Reno talking to you, even though you can't see him yet. Then when you go back and talk to Aeris at the flower bed area, Reno officially walks into the church with the Shinra guards as back-up.

So even playing again for only 2 hours so far has already been worth it.

Last edited:
Holy mother of god, not even I knew that :confused: Well I know what I'm doing later now...

I've not long ago finished FFVII (gave each character 'jobs' it was quite interesting) again so I have no real urge to play it again as such. When I finally get around to getting CC I'm sure I'll return to it once more however.

The great thing about it is that you'll only have to play for an hour to do it. :)

And yeah, I'm totally going to "job" everybody up. I did the same thing off the bat with FF12 to make using the different characters more interesting.

I actually was going to replay it on my PC for a nostalgic feeling, but I'm really not too tolerant of the ATB battle system after playing action RPGs like Dirge of Cerberus, Tales of Symphonia, and Tales of the Abyss. I just like, HAVE to be able to move during battle.

The ATB gets on my nerves too much to bother with it. D=

It doesn't bother me, I used to play this game all the time but have neglected it fotr a couple of years -__-

I wanna replay it but Im still battling thru KH2 and I wanna see what all the fuss is about on FFVI.....then there's IX to replay....THEN I'l get onto it....but saying that Crisis Core will have hit our shores by then sO i EXPECT i'L GET ONTO IT AFTER i BEAT THAT :wacky:

Ugh I have caps lock issues

The great thing about FF7 is that you can replay it over and over and over again. I've played through it many times. I have had fun with it every single time. It always brings back awesome memories of playing it back when I was younger. I may just relplay it during the summer (when I have nothing better to do)

I have yet to get Crisis Core yet. I'm planning on getting it soon though.

I tried replaying it a few months ago, and I got up to Wutai before I stopped. I think I did that the time before that one too; after beating it a couple times, I just tend to lose interest after passing Nibelheim.

It's been worth it so far though, because I discovered something completely new to me in this new playthrough that I had never found out before. It's pretty inconsequential and has no bearing on the story, but: At the slum church where you first meet Aeris for the second time after crashing through the roof, you can run around inside there while you wait for her to sort her flowers out. If you run outside and behind the open church door and press the action button, a text box will come up of somebody saying "I'll give you two a moment". I found this really cool, because that's obviously Reno talking to you, even though you can't see him yet. Then when you go back and talk to Aeris at the flower bed area, Reno officially walks into the church with the Shinra guards as back-up.

That's a nifty little extra touch to throw in, I has no idea that was even in the game.

Anyhoo, I just finished VII about two weeks ago. I was in the middle of Persona 3, but everyone was getting Crisis Core left and right and I had a horrible urge to play VII. Evil game made me play it :gasp:

I played FFVII Multiple times and I didn't get bored, while when I play KH and KH2 I get bored too quick maybe it's becoz of those uncool disney character. D:

I'm on my 7th playthrough (only been playing it for a year :wacky:) and I'm still not bored with it, but I love how you get different dialogue by having different characters in your party. This time I'm gonna wince and play with Cait Sith since I always ignore him usually. He's not as bad as I thought so far, but there's a long way to go so I might kick him out if I get annoyed >_<

Yeah, I recently played it, but with three games; one each to have Cloud date Tifa, Barret and Yuffie. I'm planning on beating all three of those games if and when I'll go back to it.

I also have a diverse party for each game; Red XIII paired with Yuffie, Cait Sith paired with Barret and Vincent paired with Tifa. (Leveling up Aerith is useless for Sephy and I was interested in beating him with Cosmo Memory, Dice and Chaos.)

dont worry its not just you after i beat crisis core the first thing i did was hunt for a version of ffvii (thanks to my luck with all my original ps1 games i lost 2 of the discs i was young after all) and i finaly found a copy for the pc i just got my airship its been so long since ive played this game its almost like new. almost.

Legion said:
At the slum church where you first meet Aeris for the second time after crashing through the roof, you can run around inside there while you wait for her to sort her flowers out. If you run outside and behind the open church door and press the action button, a text box will come up of somebody saying "I'll give you two a moment". I found this really cool, because that's obviously Reno talking to you, even though you can't see him yet. Then when you go back and talk to Aeris at the flower bed area, Reno officially walks into the church with the Shinra guards as back-up.

Yeah, I did that on my first playthrough, but I had no idea what was going on at the time.

This game is always good for a replay, no matter what's going on. It seems like everyone around me is also playing Crisis Core but me, because I am PSPless, so I might do another replay to join in the fun.

CC isn't actually out here yet, which makes it slightly worse. But with all the stuff I've been hearing and seeing online I guess FF7 vanilla is like, a temporary fix 'til I do get my hands on it. Oh, and a PSP. ;/

Not currently replaying it but 3 months ago I replayed FF7 after 2,5 years not even touching the game. This was only the second time I beat the game but after first time I beat the game I started perfect game-save where I did everything, even got all limits but then I put savecrystal in room where team splits and that creates glitch that you can´t leave that room and all my hardwork was put in vain.

3 months ago I only replayed the game for fun not, doing much extra stuff. Just beat it and was disappointed because Sephiroth was so easy

I just recently beat Crisis Core, and then immediately fired up FFVII the next day. I won't ruin anything for those who haven't played through Crisis Core yet, but you WILL want to play FFVII again afterwards.

I'm letting a friend of mine play through my copy of FFVII, (helping where necessary since watching people run on the world map isn't really fun) and it's actually interesting to see the story again.

I haven't even played the game yet, but I will after I buy a copy online, and a PS1 memory card, then I'll play it on my backwards compatible PS2. =D

I'll probably play though the game multiple times as I expect I'll enjoy it.

I started a new file a few weeks ago. I havn't touched it in a while, but I'm gonna try to pick it back up here soon.

Back