ACC Released in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stella

★Night Star★
Veteran
Gil
Yup, you heard me correctly!

Advent Children Complete was released in Japan yesterday, along with the playable demo of FFXIII. The movie is now a little over 2 hours long, and a ton of changes have been made to the overall storyline. For those of you who do not wish to see spoilers, I will refrain from posting an official list of the changes for the time being. I'm happy to report, however, that the changes made to the movie are major. I know most of you, myself included, thought that the 30 additional minutes would consist of hardly noticable changes, but we were very, very wrong. ACC is almost like a completely different movie!

Here is the official boxart for the newly released Japanese version, as well as the boxart for the U.S. version, which will be released on June 2, 2009.

Japan:
261kw2w.jpg

U.S.:
2017uv.jpg

ACC will be released in Europe on June 10, 2009.

In other news, "The Calling" (song played at the end of AC) has been replaced with the new song "Safe and Sound" by Kyosuke Himuro feat. Gerard Way (lead singer of My Chemical Romance :awesome:) The track was featured in the latest ACC trailer, so click the link below to hear it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylBzVpS3zJ4

Case of Denzel has been made into an OVA and will be on the special features of ACC just like Last Order was with AC.

That's all for now! :monster:

Sources:

New Ending Song- http://www.4gamer.net/games/050/G005070/20090326018/

European Release Date - http://www.ffshores.com/News-1236-FFVII-Advent-Children-Complete-en-Europe.html

U.S. Release Date- http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/movies.php?id=4832

COD - http://ff7ac.hotcafe.to/

I sit here and slag SE off for milking it, but I know for a fact Il end up buying the damn thing anyway. I m just annoyed that i bought the damn dvd AND the special edition one which i cant bastarding watch anyway cuz its region America, and now im only gunna buy this one aswel -grumbles- exploiting my fangirlness is what they are doing

bah

Last edited:
At least I know I'll have enough money by June to buy it! XD

Too many damned bills at the moment. <_<

Thanks for posting up the info Stella! I'm excited to see that the movie will in fact be very different. I was contemplating whether or not to buy it at first if it was going to be virtually the same! XD

I need to have money by June. >_< And I bought AC collector's set almost just recently :gasp:

I'm glad to hear the new scenes are different =) I'm dying to watch this! :mark:

Unless the changes consist of throwing out all the lame Dragon Ball Z bits and replacing them with something a bit more FF, I think I will pass :P

Well June isn't that long of a wait at all. It's good to hear that it will be significantly different from the original AC. But I still don't think I will buy this, I will probably watch it someway or another but I doubt I will buy it anytime soon, unless I can find it somewhere at a ridiculously low price.

Sorry guys, the release date for ACC in Europe is actually June 10th, not June 7th.
That's only 3 more days though :monster:

What about the video that takes part 4 years after the original FFVII?
Well on the list of the special features for the U.S. version, there is not mention of such a video. I'm pretty sure the Japanese version didn't have it either, otherwise there would have been some mention of it by now. Either SE decided to make COD in it's place, or the whole thing was just a rumour.

I like the look of the U.S. version better than the Japanese, and I'm exactly the same Kelly, as much as I think it's pointless them making an extended version, I know fine well I'll get it imported :ryan:

are they releasing the demo for xbox 360 too?

i know it makes sense giving out a ps3 demo with a blue-ray dvd but its not really fair on those without a blue-ray player. (although i AM going to fork out for one for when it comes out :L)

It depends, are they doing a demo for western shores?
The only reasons Japan got the blu-ray version of FFXIII demo is because XIII is only being released on the PS3 in Japan, therefore, they don't have to worry about a 360 demo. But in what of the other threads it states if they release the demo it may have to be through the Live/PSN stores as the blu-ray disk could handle a demo whereas one DVD probably couldn't >.>

It depends, are they doing a demo for western shores?
The only reasons Japan got the blu-ray version of FFXIII demo is because XIII is only being released on the PS3 in Japan, therefore, they don't have to worry about a 360 demo. But in what of the other threads it states if they release the demo it may have to be through the Live/PSN stores as the blu-ray disk could handle a demo whereas one DVD probably couldn't >.>

yup, exactly.

But it's quite worrying that there is only just enough room on the dual layer dvd's for a DEMO to fit on.

You just know the 360 version (which already has limitations on, e.g there will be NO Japanese voice overs as an option on the English games) will span over 2 disks at least.

I sold my 360 and got a PS3 (again) because the PS3 is definately where it's at. Games just can't fit on DVDs anymore... unless the graphics and game length isn't too demanding

Well, the supposed release date for ACC in Europe has changed yet again! :gasp:

It is now rumored that it will be released sometime in July. One site listed the date as July 13th, and another listed it as July 27th. Nothing has been confirmed as of yet though, so I'm going to just stick with the June release date I posted. Hopefully something will be confirmed soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back