Abortion - your views.

Women have also been interviewed who have had an abortion, and almost all of them have regretted it every moment of their lives. And who is to say that that child who was aborted could have been the doctor who finds a cure for cancer, AID's or any other currently uncurable diesese. Or the leader who brings peace and prosperity to the world? When we abort a child, we abort out future.
That's rather silly, and I've heard this argument many times. As Placebo said the child can turn out to be another Hitler or a serial killer. And most likely it will turn out to be a messed up mentally. Not to mention if it was a rape baby I guarantee that baby will have a looootttt of issues. That child will be unwanted and disliked through it's life. I rather see them dead then continue with life being hated and reminded of a rapist.

As for the whole adoption thing, well, they're going to find out eventually why their parents abandoned them. It's going to be really tough for this person growing up without their real parents and finding out that they were a rape baby. Most likely the kid would end up in a foster home anyways. As Plaecbo said, it's a cycle that's not going to stop. Also crime rates went down when abortion became legal.

One final thing.....if a mother were willing to kill her child, no matter how developed it was, what does that say about her ability to be a mother? I mean, doesnt that go against everything we learn about motherly love, how they should be willing to lay their life down for their child?
A mother's life is established. She has friends, family, a life. While her unborn child doesn't. If a mother cannot afford to take care of the unwanted baby then she should have every right to abort it. As well if she was a rape victim or had a health condition that could risk her life giving birth. Mother's life > Baby

A mother's life is established. She has friends, family, a life. While her unborn child doesn't. If a mother cannot afford to take care of the unwanted baby then she should have every right to abort it. As well if she was a rape victim or had a health condition that could risk her life giving birth. Mother's life > Baby

Well I can't really agree with that XD

I mean, sure the mother's life is established, but if the child is coming as a result of her "sex life" or because she didn't use protection, then she can't just "end" a life.

Actions have consequences, and every person should face their consequences. If the baby is the result of a mistake, then it's the woman's mistake and she NEEDS to face the consequence of that action.

Killing a life simply because you're not "ready" is just pure wrong. You shouldn't have had sex in the first place if you were not even thinking that being pregnant could be a possibility as a result of what you're doing.

If you're old enough to have sex, drink and do whatever you want, if you're an adult then I think you should act like one.

The ONLY situation I'd say, would be where I do agree with abortion is if a woman was raped. That's a different story, and not exactly her fault, rather she's the victim of the thing.

And I STRONGLY disagree with the Mother's life > Child's Life thing. Who are we... to be judging which life is more worth it? Aren't lives declared equal under the Universal Charter of Human Rights?

No, both lives are equal. If a mom keeps her child and doesn't abort, then it's not like her life ENDS totally. Sure it becomes harder and is riddled with responsibilities, but she's alive isn't she? The opposite is true for the child though. If the mother decides not to have him/her/, he/she is just... dead XD

And I STRONGLY disagree with the Mother's life > Child's Life thing. Who are we... to be judging which life is more worth it? Aren't lives declared equal under the Universal Charter of Human Rights?

I think she meant when it's in the womb....it's not exactly a human life then is it, until a certain point it's pretty much just a bunch of cells anyroad. It HAS no human rights until it's born.

I certainly think the maximum date for abortions should be lowered some, but I still believe in pro-choice.

Sure people have to live with the consequences and possible regrets of an abortion, but I'm pretty sure most people put alot of thought into it before doing it....although Im aware some people don't.

As for people saying that we are killing what will live--do you know how many egg cells women waste that go unfertilized? Yet, you don't call that the destruction of life that will exist, do you? How about, a lady decides she doesn't want to have sex her entire life--does that mean she's not letting potential life live because every single one of her egg cells are going to die unfertilized?

And yet, people are perfectly fine with saying this is all an acceptable lifestyle; people can choose to live a life without children if they so choose.

If you will also pick at the difference between an unfertilized egg and one that is, you must concede that if you believe one to represent potential life and the other isn't, you will have to explain why--as with everyone else's definition of what "lives", it is all subjective. I don't recall a scientist telling me when a fertilized egg is considered alive. Even if they had, I doubt they agree.

I'm pro-life, no matter what arguments people have for abortion, I just think it's sick and wrong. The way I see it, you're killing your baby, and that's it. And I don't think that anybody should have the right over somebody else's life, regardless of whether they're still growing in the womb or not. Whilst it upsets me to know that it exists, it's a personal opinion and I am well aware that not everybody feels the same way, so I'm not about to go and protest outside clinics or anything.

This got me thinking, and maybe it's just me so correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that statement blatant contradiction to your argument? You're saying a woman should have no control over the decision of keeping or aborting a potential child; however, if a law were to be passed against pro-choice, wouldn't that law, and your opinion of it, be contradictory of an idea you wholeheartedly supported?

It can't go just one way. If you're going to support a concept--ideally--shouldn't it apply to everyone, and not just one party? *shrug*

Then again, that's the way the world turns these days; except that people are gonna do whatever they want regardless of what we believe in, and what the law says.

Last edited:
Hey, you know what I think is irresponsible? Forcing a woman who does not want to have a child to go through a both physically and emotionally wrenching and painful ordeal that results in another human life on this insanely overpopulated and under-resourced planet we live on. You want to campaign for saving children? Start with the ones that already alive (read: have a consciousness and aren't a little blob of cells) and dying because there aren't enough resources in the world, or they cannot afford/access essential resources. Because really? Pro-lifers will really argue that we need another life on the planet? Adoption? Try China. Or try some third-world nation where there are thousands of unprivileged orphans. Oh, or are we talking about little white babies for parents who want their baby to look like them? Maybe one day people will get over their narcissism. Maybe.

I think forcing a woman to carry a child to term against her will is one of the most irresponsible and unbelievable selfish things a person could ever do. Flushing a cluster of cells out of a uterus is not comparable to ending the life of something with a fully developed nervous system and a consciousness. I'd be more alarmed at the killing of a dog than an abortion. There are viable and more responsible options when it comes to adoption.

Oh, and I know it's nice to believe that if there were a law passed to outlaw abortion, all abortions would stop, but that's just not the case. If such a law were passed, desperate women would be forced to go to 'backalley clinics,' and-- just a logical guess-- there would be a lot more deaths, illnesses, and injuries as a result of botched abortions by unlicensed practitioners. So, would passing a law banning abortions be the logical choice? Well, let's see. Abortions would not stop, and thousands of women would suffer from injury or death as a result of botched abortions because there would be nowhere with legitimate health codes to which to turn. Yeah, that sounds totally genius :monster:

Last edited:
Just because the fetus is not alive does not justify abortion. You are still terminating that which WILL live.

So you are saying every time a man masturbates he's committing homicide? He's preventing those sperm from fertilizing the egg and making a baby?

Man, that means condoms are homicide too, because you are preventing life.

Aw man. This sucks.

:P

As I said, they're mixing this in with lifestyle. It's like saying a woman can't ever choose to have a lifestyle without children or marriage because even though she releases hundreds of unfertilized eggs within her lifetime, she's not letting any of them live.

Likewise, it's like saying a man can't have sex for leisure, even though it's already been considered an acceptable lifestyle choice.

I wouldnt say anyone would be like..FOR abortion per say. I don't think anyone would like the thought of ending a potential life, but, at the same time, you can't exactly MAKE someone carry a child to term. We shouldn't be ruthless people, making decisions in a random womans life. Not our business. You're not going to get involved with this child personally, you probably never will.

Having said that...if you're strong enough to carry the child to term, and either keep it or give it up for adoption, God Bless You. It's hard especially for those who are raped, and become pregnant - not everyone regrets an abortion, some people are able to move on well with their lives.

If the womans life is in danger, and she obviously wants to live, then abortion is an acceptable option. A woman has a lot more to lose then an unborn child - if she were to die, I'd expect the impact of her death to be, MORE of an impact.

So...yeah. If you haven't guessed...I'm Pro Choice. Not Pro Abortion.

I'm also a Christian. Oh my, I'm not a typical bandwagon Christian with Pro Life views...!

What I meant was that I don't think it's fair for somebody to be able to choose somebody else's death. I never said that there should be a law against abortion... like I said, I am well aware that not everybody feels the same way that I do. It's just one of those things that exists that I don't, and never will, agree with.

I think a lot of it is down to when you believe life begins, and for me I think that it begins whilst the baby is still growing in the womb.

I'm not trying to attack you or anything, and I hope you didn't take any offense to it. I just wanted to get the facts straight 'cause that kind of statement seemed quite broad, and...well, y'know (easily misunderstood via me :3 ).

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that you are respectable enough to understand that everyone's gonna have their own opinions. It's (only slightly) reassuring to see people who realize and accept the fact.

So...yeah. If you haven't guessed...I'm Pro Choice. Not Pro Abortion.

Um, there's no such thing as "pro abortion." That term was just invented by right-wing conservatives who want to rally people into thinking that pro-choicers attack unsuspecting pregnant women in dark alleys with wire coat hangers and abortion directions printed from the internet. I'm pro-choice because I believe women should be given the choice of whether they want an abortion or not. I HATE the term "pro abortion," which is, as I said, featured in Republican smear campaigns against opponents who have a pro-choice voting record in a twisted effort to make them seem like baby-killers or something.

Last edited:
Um, there's no such thing as "pro abortion." That term was just invented by right-wing conservatives who want to rally people into thinking that pro-choicers attack unsuspecting pregnant women in dark alleys with wire coat hangers and abortion directions printed from the internet. I'm pro-choice because I believe women should be given the choice of whether they want an abortion or not. I HATE the term "pro abortion," which is, as I said, featured in Republican smear campaigns against opponents who have a pro-choice voting record in a twisted effort to make them seem like baby-killers or something.

I'm not Pro Life or Pro-Choice, I dont think either term really defines me well. I believe a woman can do almost whatever she wants with her body. However I hate the campaign that women who are Pro-Choice do, because its somewhat deceitful, because nobody can truly do whatever they want with their own bodies, you cant inject yourself with "heroine"(well you can but you'll get arrested) because its your body. Never the less I see nothing wrong with abortion from a moral standpoint, and I am a conservative person.

Now the real problem I see with abortion is the fact I have to pay for these free abortion clinics which all have holy names like "Angels Hope Center" which is ironic! According to the website I'll post at the bottom an abortion happens almost every second. 31 Million in total, I can tell you right now 31 million women are NOT being raped, in fact according to the rape counter only 64,000 have taken place. This only means its being used as a free way of contraception, and that I have a problem with. I think if you want an abortion you should pay for it, this will encourage those who cheat the system to buy a pack of damn condoms instead. And for those who cant afford one, they should Abortion Loan Clinics which the person can take out an interest free loan to help pay for it. I'm not against getting rid of abortions, I just dont see why I have to pay for it, when nobody in my house has or is getting one. I think this in itself promotes the irresponsible lifestyle, and theres nothing more irresponsible then that Eryth(no i'm not mocking you ;) ). Feedback is valued.

- Kuja

http://www.poodwaddle.com/clocks16.htm

Woman is concerned about how having a baby could change her life....16%

Woman can not presently afford a baby....21%

Woman has problems with relationship or does not want single parenthood....12%

Woman is not ready for the responsibility......21%

Woman does not want others to know that she is expecting....1%

Woman is not mature enough, she thinks.....11%

Woman simply already has all the children that she wants or needs....8%

Husband or partner wants the woman to have an abortion....1%

The unborn has health problems...3%

Woman has health problems....3%

Rape or incest.....1%

I noticed the higher percentage of the reasons are merely because the woman is irresponsible, and further proves my point. Not to say the man who got her pregnant isnt to blame either :P.

Last edited:
δ Kuja Ω;413388 said:
I'm not Pro Life or Pro-Choice, I dont think either term really defines me well. I believe a woman can do almost whatever she wants with her body.

So you believe that a woman should be able to choose whether or not she has an abortion? Um, I hate to break it to you, but that's called pro-choice. Notice the word choice in the term.

However I hate the campaign that women who are Pro-Choice do, because its somewhat deceitful, because nobody can truly do whatever they want with their own bodies, you cant inject yourself with "heroine"(well you can but you'll get arrested) because its your body. Never the less I see nothing wrong with abortion from a moral standpoint, and I am a conservative person.

Yeah, I'm not sure what "pro-choice" campaigns you've seen, but I'm relatively sure that no pro-choice women are going and campaigning for the right to shoot up. Pro-choice is simply the belief that a woman should be able to choose whether or not she wants to carry a pregnancy to term. She should have the choice of being able to have an abortion without being punished by the law. It's not about WOMEN CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT WITH THEIR BODIES! HAI GAIS, LETS GET SOME COCAINE! You're trying to make incorrect leaps in logic, and they don't work towards your argument.

Now the real problem I see with abortion is the fact I have to pay for these free abortion clinics which all have holy names like "Angels Hope Center" which is ironic! According to the website I'll post at the bottom an abortion happens almost every second. 31 Million in total, I can tell you right now 31 million women are NOT being raped, in fact according to the rape counter only 64,000 have taken place. This only means its being used as a free way of contraception, and that I have a problem with. I think if you want an abortion you should pay for it, this will encourage those who cheat the system to buy a pack of damn condoms instead. And for those who cant afford one, they should Abortion Loan Clinics which the person can take out an interest free loan to help pay for it. I'm not against getting rid of abortions, I just dont see why I have to pay for it, when nobody in my house has or is getting one. I think this in itself promotes the irresponsible lifestyle, and theres nothing more irresponsible then that Eryth(no i'm not mocking you ;) ). Feedback is valued.
- Kuja

http://www.poodwaddle.com/clocks16.htm

I noticed the higher percentage of the reasons are merely because the woman is irresponsible, and further proves my point. Not to say the man who got her pregnant isnt to blame either :P.

Okay, I'm not sure that you've learned this in school (or life in general), but when doing a report, you need to find what are called reliable and credible sources. This means academic articles or governmental websites. These are credible sources. Poodwaddle, which appears to be for entertainment purposes only and is loaded with advertising, is NOT a credible source. Now, when I look to a CREDIBLE source for the number of abortions peformed in the United States, the number is completely different. Witness: "According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), there were 854,122 legal induced abortions in the US in 2003." Now, excuse me for being a little doubtful that in 5 years, the number of abortions jumped from a little under one million to 31 million. Moving on...

I'm not sure if anyone has given you the 'bees and the birds' talk, but condoms are not 100% effective at pregnancy prevention. You know what is? Nothing short of abstinence. Condoms are only 98% effective. This means that they can break. There is also the issue of people using them improperly, thus increasing the chances of unwanted pregnancy. There is also the issue of "abstinence only" programs in school, which result in very ignorant teenagers who know almost nothing of birth control. As a result of this, they have sex and then don't know what to do when a girl ends up pregnant. To just assume that women have unprotected sex and then use an abortion as a means of birth control is just ignorant and incorrect. I hope you realize that abortions pose a health risk to women. There is a chance that an abortion can leave a woman sterile, especially if it is not her first. Faced with this, you think women would use abortions as a birth control method? That must be the most ludicrous argument I've ever heard.

I'm not sure where you've heard that abortions are funded by tax payer's money, but I don't believe that's true. I'm not completely sure about it, so if you could find a credible source about that, I'd be interested in seeing it. A majority of abortions are NOT free. Those that are, from what I understand, are funded by non-profit organizations. I really doubt that the government is funding something as controversial as abortions. So you can calm down. You aren't paying for anything.

Last edited:
Why the hate eryth =P.

So you believe that a woman should be able to choose whether or not she has an abortion? Um, I hate to break it to you, but that's called pro-choice. Notice the word choice in the term. Yeah, I'm not sure what "pro-choice" campaigns you've seen, but I'm relatively sure that no pro-choice women are going and campaigning for the right to shoot up. Pro-choice is simply the belief that a woman should be able to choose whether or not she wants to carry a pregnancy to term. She should have the choice of being able to have an abortion without being punished by the law. It's not about WOMEN CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT WITH THEIR BODIES! HAI GAIS, LETS GET SOME COCAINE! You're trying to make incorrect leaps in logic, and they don't work towards your argument

Again...like I said in my post, I support a womans right to choose, however I just dont like the argument presented, for that I dont consider myself Pro-Choice, that was unneccesary. With the shooting up thing, I didnt say any campaigns have campaigned for the right to shoot up(i dont know where you got that from :P), It was an example to contradict the point about being able to do whatever you want with your body. If anybody is making incorrect leaps in logic its you, I'm on your side, and your here insulting me without due cause...Oh yeah and I'm not pro-choice, or pro-life. I'm Pro-Common Sense, If a woman wants an abortion I honestly dont see anything wrong with it, but to say I can do whatever I want with my own body doesnt hold any ground. Otherwise suicide wouldn't be illegal, or euthanasia.

Okay, I'm not sure that you've learned this in school (or life in general), but when doing a report, you need to find what are called reliable and credible sources. This means academic articles or governmental websites. These are credible sources. Poodwaddle, which appears to be for entertainment purposes only and is loaded with advertising, is NOT a credible source. Now, when I look to a CREDIBLE source for the number of abortions peformed in the United States, the number is completely different. Witness: "According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), there were 854,122 legal induced abortions in the US in 2003." Now, excuse me for being a little doubtful that in 5 years, the number of abortions jumped from a little under one million to 31 million. Moving on...

LOL, little angry aren't we? I never said there were 31 million abortions in the U.S, that number is WORLDWIDE, not in the U.S, maybe you should use common sense, or read what I say, moving on...

I'm not sure if anyone has given you the 'bees and the birds' talk, but condoms are not 100% effective at pregnancy prevention. You know what is? Nothing short of abstinence. Condoms are only 98% effective. This means that they can break. There is also the issue of people using them improperly, thus increasing the chances of unwanted pregnancy. There is also the issue of "abstinence only" programs in school, which result in very ignorant teenagers who know almost nothing of birth control. As a result of this, they have sex and then don't know what to do when a girl ends up pregnant. To just assume that women have unprotected sex and then use an abortion as a means of birth control is just ignorant and incorrect. I hope you realize that abortions pose a health risk to women. There is a chance that an abortion can leave a woman sterile, especially if it is not her first. Faced with this, you think women would use abortions as a birth control method? That must be the most ludicrous argument I've ever heard.

More insults huh...do you think I'm stupid or something? The best contraceptive technique is...Abstinence! aka not having sex. Whether you like it or not woman out there using abortion as a birth control method. Quit living under your rock.

I'm not sure where you've heard that abortions are funded by tax payer's money, but I don't believe that's true. I'm not completely sure about it, so if you could find a credible source about that, I'd be interested in seeing it. A majority of abortions are NOT free. Those that are, from what I understand, are funded by non-profit organizations. I really doubt that the government is funding something as controversial as abortions. So you can calm down. You aren't paying for anything.

Sure:http://defendlife.blogspot.com/2007/01/taxpayer-funding-for-maryland-abortions.html

http://www.newsmax.com/boone/abortion/2008/06/23/106790.html

Ill look for more later, in the mean time, be a lil nicer to me, I'm on your side ;).

- Kuja

Woooooo, a resurrected debate! :D
Girl: Hey...do you believe in abortion?

Guy: Yeah I guess.

Girl:...do you believe in murdering someone?

Guy: no.

See what I mean. There is NO difference between murdering someone with some kind of weapon and abortion, imo.
First of all, give me a moment to lol at the fail. xD

That hypothetical situation is so biased and undetailed that I can't even begin to take it seriously. "Do you believe in abortion?" (addressing issues such as "are we ready?", "do you want to have a child right now?" and "can we afford to raise a baby?") is completely different to "Do you believe in murder?" (which just blatantly asks if you're alright with killing a person). In the long run, the abortion will prevent a ruined life for both the mother and father, and even the child, if it wouldn't have been an adequate living environment. Additionally, some people are even in favour of murder, by means of "mercy killing", which, in a way, I believe abortion comes under.

Just because the fetus is not alive does not justify abortion.
I don't believe that it needs to be justified, particularly when people such as yourself admit that they do not believe that the foetus is alive. Babies begin as an undifferentiated cluster of cells that really has no purpose other than to develop into something remotely life-like.

And maybe if people were not out trying to get laid all the time, they would not have to choose abortionon or not
Contraception doesn't always work. Also, as difficult as it may be to comprehend, a number of women find it particularly difficult to stop in the passion before sex to ask the man if he has a condom. I know a number of friends who've encountered this problem - granted, they're intelligent girls and popped straight to the clinic for the appropriate pharmaceuticals but the point is that it's not always as black and white as "don't have sex so you don't have a chance of getting pregnant."

One final thing.....if a mother were willing to kill her child, no matter how developed it was, what does that say about her ability to be a mother?
That she was not ready for the responsibility of having a child. Ironically enough, I find that to be a very responsible decision.

I mean, doesnt that go against everything we learn about motherly love, how they should be willing to lay their life down for their child?
Good thing she had the abortion, then - sounds like she would've been a shit mum. :gmonster:

I'm most definitely pro-choice for the simple reason that, if I had a uterus and a vagina, I'd be damned before I'd let anyone else tell me that I had to let a bairn grow inside me and that I had to squeeze a relatively large child out of a muuuuuuuuuch smaller oriphace.

Obviously, I feel a bit more strongly than that but I've posted my opinion in the last load of pages and I cba to repeat myself, so I'll just quote and argue now.

EDIT:
To comment on Eryth's part about free abortions, the National Health Service (or NHS) provides free health care to all UK residents, so that point isn't applicable to everywhere but I still support what you're saying.

Also, Kuja, are you suggesting that, by "birth control method", that women everywhere are frequently popping round to the hospital a few weeks after everytime they've had their leg over? Nah, I can't even entertain the thought tbh. Once, maybe twice. You'd tend to be more careful after the first time.

Last edited:
Also, Kuja, are you suggesting that, by "birth control method", that women everywhere are frequently popping round to the hospital a few weeks after everytime they've had their leg over? Nah, I can't even entertain the thought tbh. Once, maybe twice. You'd tend to be more careful after the first time.

Maybe I did leave my comments about that a bit vague, it does happen, but not as much as anyone reading may be led to think. Basically I support a womans right to choose, I just don't wanna pay for it =).

In my opinion... I don't like abortion at all... If you don't want a baby, don't screw. It's as simple as that... All legalizing abortions is going to do is make girls more slutty at earlier ages (they're already getting prego at middle school, folks) and make guys more insufferable perverts. Besides, what would that do for the condom industry?!? D: (Okay, that last sentence was a joke, but still.)

The way I see things... When you perform an abortion, you're killing infinite possibilities for the future. For all you know, the kid could really grow up to change the world, no matter if you wanted him/her or not. And if you didn't want the kid, well... You just come off as stupid for having unprotected sex, or as a perv or a slut. I'm not going to sugarcoat my opinions on this... Would it KILL YOU to not have sex? No? Then if you don't want a to be stuck with children, don't do it.

I think abortion should ONLY be a viable option to save the mother's life. Even if the woman was raped, abortion does not sound like a good solution to me... Because you can still raise the kid to be good, or send them to an orphanage, no matter how the kid was conceived.

Last edited:
I agree. You worded it in ways far better than I, myself could have, Argor. The thing is, anything you do effects other people so why not just think about how what you do effects others? Not just other people alive today, but how people in the future will live.

Personally, I find it sad how many people all up on the abortion wagon are some of the same people who want us to save the environment 'for our children/future generations'. obviously, if everyone decided to kill their kids before they were born, there would be NO future generations.

But, I am going slightly off-topic. Still, I was just trying to make a point.

In my opinion... I don't like abortion at all... If you don't want a baby, don't screw. It's as simple as that... All legalizing abortions is going to do is make girls more slutty at earlier ages (they're already getting prego at middle school, folks) and make guys more insufferable perverts. Besides, what would that do for the condom industry?!? D: (Okay, that last sentence was a joke, but still.)
So abstinence, good idea. (Okay that sentence was a joke.)
Lets stop kids having sex, because it's not good for them. Nope sex is good for you.
Like Eryth said, abstinence only leads to ignorance, and therefore sex becomes more dangerous and less enjoyable.
O LOUKZ A CONDOM I JUZ PUTS IT ON!!!
But then during sex it breaks, because MR Abstinence forgets to pinch the top of the condom.
Furthermore, it's stupid and unrealistic. Horny 16 year olds don't say ima wait till I'm 25 and responsible.
Also I'd just like to know how abortion leads to girls being slutty?

The way I see things... When you perform an abortion, you're killing infinite possibilities for the future. For all you know, the kid could really grow up to change the world, no matter if you wanted him/her or not. And if you didn't want the kid, well... You just come off as stupid for having unprotected sex, or as a perv or a slut. I'm not going to sugarcoat my opinions on this... Would it KILL YOU to not have sex? No? Then if you don't want a to be stuck with children, don't do it.
You do know that sex is how the human race reproduces don't you? Therefore yes, it would kill me, and everyone else if we ( not you and I obviously) didn't have sex.
Also we've raised the whole ' The baby could be the next harry potter' thing before.

Maybe I did leave my comments about that a bit vague, it does happen, but not as much as anyone reading may be led to think. Basically I support a womans right to choose, I just don't wanna pay for it =).
You also pay for criminals, weapons, the war in Iraq etc. The amount of tax you pay that goes towards abortions is likely to be less than 1c.
There isn't a financial arguement against abortion.

I personally do not agree with abortion... I agree that it is tragic that some circumstances occur in which a girl becomes pregnant unwillingly... but, the thing is she HAS become pregnant and, hard as it may be for the girl, the baby should deserve the right to live.

I know it's easy to desensitise a developing baby by calling it a foetus but it is/will/should become a full human like ourselves... If we cut it's life short before it is even born then thats a whole life wasted. Think of all the things that could have been acheived in that life? I'm not talking about extreme stuff like saving the world / ridding poverty in Africa but simple life elements... Think of the effect the human would have had on the people around it; freinds, family, work, and think of the enjoyment and fun that human could have had... What right have we to put an end to this life before it begins? Would you have liked it if this human had been you? Obviously you wouldn't be in a thinking state etc / barely alive, but if somehow you think to yourself "what if that HAD been me... None of this would have happened"...
You say baby, I say foetus. One of us is right, that's me btw. You can't accuse pro-choice of using desensitive language when pro-life calls abortion baby killing.
And it is legally a foetus, there is nothing that resembles human life that is being aborted. When it does become a life, abortion is illegal.
Also due to circumstances beyond the mother's control she is pregnant, that doesn't justify continuing it. Just because someone gives you sheep's eyes for dinner, doesn't mean you have to eat them.

So abstinence, good idea. (Okay that sentence was a joke.)
Lets stop kids having sex, because it's not good for them. Nope sex is good for you.
Like Eryth said, abstinence only leads to ignorance, and therefore sex becomes more dangerous and less enjoyable.
O LOUKZ A CONDOM I JUZ PUTS IT ON!!!
But then during sex it breaks, because MR Abstinence forgets to pinch the top of the condom.
Furthermore, it's stupid and unrealistic. Horny 16 year olds don't say ima wait till I'm 25 and responsible.
Also I'd just like to know how abortion leads to girls being slutty?

You do know that sex is how the human race reproduces don't you? Therefore yes, it would kill me, and everyone else if we ( not you and I obviously) didn't have sex.
Also we've raised the whole ' The baby could be the next harry potter' thing before.

You also pay for criminals, weapons, the war in Iraq etc. The amount of tax you pay that goes towards abortions is likely to be less than 1c.
There isn't a financial arguement against abortion.

You say baby, I say foetus. One of us is right, that's me btw. You can't accuse pro-choice of using desensitive language when pro-life calls abortion baby killing.
And it is legally a foetus, there is nothing that resembles human life that is being aborted. When it does become a life, abortion is illegal.
Also due to circumstances beyond the mother's control she is pregnant, that doesn't justify continuing it. Just because someone gives you sheep's eyes for dinner, doesn't mean you have to eat them.

xD No matter how you look at it, you're killing something. Even if it's 'just a foetus' in your eyes, it lives just like the cells in your body and holds all the potential that you have. Or do you not use your potential? In that case, maybe aborting you would have been fine. I mean, personally, if my parents didn't want me, I'd much rather be born and given to an orphanage than never given a chance to live.

And Yeah. Abstinence is a great idea if you don't have an I.Q. in the negatives. Try it... IT KEEPS YOU OR YOUR PARTNER FROM GETTING PREGNANT! :O

Imagine that! Not having sex keeps you from having to have an abortion in the first place. Thus, if you think of it in no other way at all, it would also save you money. WHO WOULD'VE THOUGHT! :O

Anyways, I don't see what the fuss is about abstinence... Just don't have sex, because it effects the other person as well as yourself. All it is is not being selfish. Hell, I know what I'm talking about... I dated a girl for eight months, I really loved her. And because I was selfless and thoughtful of other people, I forgave her rather than dump her like most people would have when she cheated on me.

Eventually, she wanted me to have sex with her. Later, she even admitted she wanted a baby with me. However, all it leads to is trouble, especially at such a young age. I kept abstinent and, guess what? No babies. All it takes is self-control to be abstinent. Only have sex when you're willing to take on all the consequences it entails. If I did the opposite, I would've had to have paid the price. And if I made her pregnant, I'd be a man and help her with it.

Everything you do has consequences, good or bad. If you just try to ignore being pregnant or impregnating a girl by having it removed like some tumor, you're just going to have guilt on yourself for taking what could've been a good life. Either that or you are just about as sociopathic as some of the criminals you feel we shouldn't pay for.

As for abortion leading to girls being slutty... What? You expect they get a quicky abortion and won't ever have sex again? If you believe yourself, we all screw around every second of the day, right? How am I not supposed to expect it?

Besides, you seem to be taking this topic like a personal vendetta, you may need to calm down...

Last edited:
Back