~Aarons Graphic Workings~

Another Update First off a big thanks to atrophy for the render used in this image

I decided to try and work on my backgrounds again, lately I feel that they have been lackluster so I felt the urge to try and make a piece with a from scratch background.

Render used
personarenderbyxerxssd4.png

Product End Result
minatoarisatosig3copy.png

I feel its good but my font isn't perfect xD;
Dragon Mage :mitsuru: mentioned like I said I would :P

The text is a little sharp, maybe ditch the black border, or lower it's opacity. Make sure your text is on strong anti-alias.

As for the sig. It looks really good. The color scheme is nice, and the lighting is okay. I would take a 300px soft white brush, and put it on the edge of the top of the canvas, click once or twice, set it to linear dodge, and adjust it form there to give it a more dynamic feel.

Keep it up!

Right, you wanted some CC a while back... Let's get cracking.

What I think looks really good in this signature are the colours used, the compliment each other really well. However, the image is way too sharp. Do you see his fingers? Compare the original render and your signature, you can see the lines become squiggly due to it's sharpness. I don't think the character is blended in enough, but it doesn't look like it's slapped on either, just a small point you might be able to work on.

The lighting is off. :lew: I don't want to sound like I'm nitpicking, but I just know you asked for constructive criticism, so I'm trying my best to point out things I notice. His sides are dark, his "behind" looks dark, while the signature background is really bright. The lighting should be on his face, with a soft brush and lowered opacity you might just wanna powder some lighting on to the signature to create that 'light source'.

As atrophy said, I'm not really keen on the text, that being irrelevant, you do have to look at what text works with pieces and font doesn't. I think a more elegant font would've suited this better, or if you insist on using this one, at least make it less pop out. As far as text placement and render placement goes, I think you did well on that. :D Hope it was helpful.

atrophy Yeah my Text is always off somewhere, I did want to lower the opacity around it to be less sharp but the problem was that the text blended into the render too much xD; I probably should have went with a dark blue or maybe a dark grey to make it a tad more balanced.

I'll give that brush idea a try on the PSD and see how it works for me.
Six First off thanks xD I actually love how the background turned out, I honestly just used a light texture as a base and used quite a few brushes to give the shattered glass/mist effects, honestly I didn't do much to the render itself aside from the edging around his body to make it less sharp, I didn't even think about doing the fingers but I see where your getting at on it.

Like I said before I probably spoofed my text with its sharp outline, I didn't really use a elegant looking font since I thought this one fit the background more course thats just the idea I went with.

I am glad the placement is right this time though, I'll just go back into it and do a few edits and see if I can improve it :3 I'll repost it for thoughts once I finish it ^_^

Thanks as always everyone 8D

Alright, I've edited it a bit more and worked on the balance as well as the issues brought up by Six and atrophy

I tried to deal with the sharpness as much as possible on details within the sig to make it better I did try to brighten up more too but ehh I dunno if I have the right brushes or not for that but I tried xD;

V1

V2
minatoarisatosig3copyv2.png

Wow! Version two is awesome! I love the font that you used, it looks more smooth and calm. I also love the extra bits of color you put on the render. Overall it's just really colorful. I dig it! Great stuff Aaron! :)

Been awhile since I've updated this so gonna post some of my latest works to get some feedback again lol

Used some new textures and all I got from both Six and stuff I stumbled on to try and make something different.
2cxfbbl.jpg

Last weeks SOTW entry, I already know I botched the font on this but any comments on the rest is fine xD
axifn.jpg

An old Wallpaper I made not long ago xD
f2roll.jpg

Been awhile since I've updated this so gonna post some of my latest works to get some feedback again lol

Used some new textures and all I got from both Six and stuff I stumbled on to try and make something different.
2cxfbbl.jpg

What pops out to me with this signature is the massive contrast between the render and background, particularly when it comes to the lighting and the bokah placed on top. The colour palette doesn't blend between the render and background either.

When creating your signature you could start by using the general rule of thumb and look to your render for a colour scheme to help blend your foreground, render/ mid-ground and the background all together. After that, look to the render again to work on your lighting. Look at where your render has a strong light source and basically follow suit; having your lighting coming from anywhere else where there isn't a light source will ruin the cohesion of your graphic.

Lastly, using gradient maps and colour balance will greatly help in nailing your colour. Use these tools subtly; setting your gradients to soft light/ colour at anywhere between 10%-25% works best.

yeah the squall one was mostly a test piece for the background and all, along with how I could use some of the C4D's that came with the pack and all, I wasn't really focused on lighting and blending on this piece just trying to fiddle with what I could do with the resources XD

But regardless I'll take your advice for future use Galadin :D

You'd think you'd put your resources to use by not making a random piece so you can actually see what the textures do. :lew: Just throwing them in together doesn't do them justice or gives you a feel for what you can get out of them.

I'd give you a few pointers, though, I kinda agree with a few things Galadin already pointed out to you. This really isn't a good colour palette, however, if it was just a test run, I'll keep the CnC to myself. =]

Last edited:
Meijin Kawaguchi

Sorry, I didn't know it was a just a test piece or something like that, I thought you were asking for feedback on any of the three graphics posted.

Ok so heres a new set that goes with my new username (done changing so stuck with my favorite character from FF)

Original Piece used -
1zlxket.jpg

Result -
of9928.jpg

11t3qbo.jpg

Kept it simple with just some slight changes to it overall and used a new font I got from Six 's graphic pack xD

Outstandung job on making that piece of artwork. You did a wonderful job on it. The colors are great, the effect blenda well with the picture and the size is perfect. You have talent. Keep up with the good work!

Back