Veteran
Gil
Rinoa Heartilly
Squall Leonhart
Tifa Lockhart
Jenova
Moogle
Cactuar
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06...mura?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

Square Enix's recently announced remake of Final Fantasy VII may not be the only classic entry in the series to get a major overhaul for current-gen consoles, as series director Tetsuya Nomura has expressed interest in remaking both Final Fantasy V and VI.

"Considering that we have remakes of Final Fantasy up to IV and then we have VII — I’ve been working with Mr. [Yoshinori] Kitase since Final Fantasy V, and we’ve noticed that V and VI are missing. That bothers me," Nomura told VentureBeat. "How come we skipped over those two?"

http://venturebeat.com/2015/06/17/n...asy-remakes-but-not-from-the-playstation-era/

I couldn't find a thread for this but I wanted to share this in case nobody saw it.

Let's hope they do FFVI first :pooley:

Last edited:
I would only say V first since it's earlier in the series but a remake of those two with the quality that they are showing so far for VII would be fantastic. Especially the one for VI. Now I'm getting tingles just imagining some of the scenes in the game and exploring some of the towns. Zozo and the opera scene anyone? Or the rapids and waterfall stages?

Obviously I meant V :wacky:

I can't fix the thread title sadly.

Anyway, I'd like VI redone just because my sister adores that game and after all these years of her loving it I think she (along with other fans) deserve to see it redone, maybe then I'd finally be able to get through it (without my file being over-written :hmph: )

I would love to see FFVI remade! I know Celes is a very popular character in the game, but I would certainly prefer to see Terra take more of a central role in the story. It annoyed me a little that once Celes showed up, Terra's development and importance seemed to take a major plummet, which was a big pity.

It annoyed me a little that once Celes showed up, Terra's development and importance seemed to take a major plummet, which was a big pity.

I dunno, I thought that Terra's greatest moment was after Celes showed up (the pink esper stuff). I thought that Celes became a bit less useful in battle than Terra once you get Terra back (her Trance/Morph ability vs Rune).

I'd love to see both 5 and 6 remade, although I'd be happy with the style of FF4 DS. I think it'd have to go a wee bit darker for 6 though, so maybe more realistic characters in the same smaller form? PS4 graphics would be amazing, but would they be willing to go all out on a full-on PS4 remake (new character designs/town designs needed)? I dunno.

I'd love to see both 5 and 6 remade, although I'd be happy with the style of FF4 DS. I think it'd have to go a wee bit darker for 6 though, so maybe more realistic characters in the same smaller form? PS4 graphics would be amazing, but would they be willing to go all out on a full-on PS4 remake (new character designs/town designs needed)? I dunno.

I think the best we can hope for is 3ds remake.... maybe a Wii-U if they are feeling that adventurous, but a ps4/xbox One remake would be a lot more work than even a ffvii remake.

I'd like to see these two games up to date but I think I'dfeel kinda like I feel about the FFIV remake on ds.... it's better in 2d than 3d.... but maybe they wouldn't kill the voices so bad this time around

I think the best we can hope for is 3ds remake.... maybe a Wii-U if they are feeling that adventurous, but a ps4/xbox One remake would be a lot more work than even a ffvii remake.

I'd like to see these two games up to date but I think I'dfeel kinda like I feel about the FFIV remake on ds.... it's better in 2d than 3d.... but maybe they wouldn't kill the voices so bad this time around

Mmm, Wii U could be a shout. I'd still like to see a remaster of Crystal Chronicles on there too, with online co-op :ohoho:.

I kind of love FF4 DS, but I like the 2D versions too. They feel like two completely different games to me, almost. I reckon it'd be so interesting to see FF6 in 3D even if it's slightly worse...I'd buy it regardless :/.

I'd like to see these two games up to date but I think I'd feel kinda like I feel about the FFIV remake on ds.... it's better in 2d than 3d.... but maybe they wouldn't kill the voices so bad this time around

But leaving them 2D is more like a remaster than a remake, which Square Enix pretty much did for both games on iOS and Android already.

But leaving them 2D is more like a remaster than a remake, which Square Enix pretty much did for both games on iOS and Android already.

Yeah good point I think both games deserve a 3d remake similar to FF IV DS but perhaps they could be done for the PS VITA or something?
I'd imagine the VITA is more popular than PS4 in Japan at the moment (correct me if I'm wrong but VII is getting its remake over the fact consoles aren't as popular as they used to be over there?).

Imagine ascending the tiers to Kefka in 3d that final battle in VI would look amazing in 3d with moving figures and all that would make that battle feel a lot more scary.

I'd love to see both 5 and 6 remade, although I'd be happy with the style of FF4 DS. I think it'd have to go a wee bit darker for 6 though, so maybe more realistic characters in the same smaller form?

Agree with this though I'd imagine V would look fine in that style would probably suit its themes.
As you say VI is a considerably darker world than V.

Not a huge fan of the DS remakes so hope they stay away from that route, but I suppose they do look a lot better on PC than they did on the DS so maybe it wouldn't be so bad afterall. I've always hoped for decent PSP/Vita releases of V and VI, following on from IV: Complete, though I doubt this would be it. Eitherway they are totally right. Those two games are great and should not be skipped over!

Not a huge fan of the DS either, but a remake of VI with modern-day graphics would awesome!

Dogtag%20F.%20F.%20Fan.png

Back