[13/02] Drakerider Trademark Hints At Dragon Riding Game From Square Enix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linnaete

sus
Staff member
Editorial Staff
Veteran
Gil
Andre the Adamantoise
Chocobo Egg
Accessory (Head)
Accessory (Arms)
Build-A-Member
Chocobo Egg
FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None
In addition to the 774 Deaths trademark, which might lead to a Nanashi no Game localization, [Siliconera] found two more hints at future titles from Square Enix Japan. The publisher filed trademarks for Drakerider and Blood of Chaos in Europe.

HVyvV.png

FYWEu.png

Both registrations are for use with video games. While Drakerider: Blood of Chaos could be a single title, Square Enix registered separate domain names – drakerider.com and bloodofchaos.com. Right now the sites are empty.

Going by the title alone, Drakerider sounds like a dragon riding game. Square Enix released two of those for the PS2 as well. Remember Drakengard and Drakengard 2? Blood of Chaos sounds an awful lot like Blood of Bahamut. Could Square Enix be making a sequel to their multiplayer DS game?

Source: Siliconera

-------------------------------------

Too bad Cavia is technically no longer around to do a Drakengard-like game.

For the love of everything sacred, please do not let Drakerider be related to Drakengard in any way outside of the similarity in name. As much as I want a Drakengard 3 (only slightly less than I want another Legacy of Kain or Baten Kaitos title) Cavia are gone, and Square Enix should no more attempt to revive Drakengard than they should create a prequel or sequel to NieR - they lack the capability to do justice to either, it'd be an unmitigated disaster. The idea of a Drakengard game being developed by Square Enix is...horrific.

Although, that said, if they decided to release a HD remaster of both games for PS3 (or, better yet, Vita) under the name "Drakerider" I think I'd probably explode with excitement. Too much to hope for? Almost certainly. Only really popular games get the HD remaster treatment ._.

That said, dragon-based combat hasn't really been done (or, at least, done properly) very much in video games. Drakengard and Panzer Dragoon. Oh, and Divinity 2, I suppose. A game with gameplay similar to Drakengard but in no way related to it (as I said, Square Enix need to keep their paws OFF Cavia's titles) would be welcome, although given Square Enix's recent track record, I'd be happier if someone else developed it. Will have to wait and see though, I suppose.

Blood of Chaos sounds like a very generic name, as well.

Or they could be new IPs. The folks at SE said they're planning new titles, which wouldn't be bad for them. I hate to play the captain again, but man Blood of Chaos sounds stupid.

Remember this?
Square-Enix-New-Action-RPG-artwork.jpg
Who knows?

Cavia is technically around, just not in name. They got absorbed, just like the Tales team did with Namco Bandai

Going by the title alone, Drakerider sounds like a dragon riding game. Square Enix released two of those for the PS2 as well. Remember Drakengard and Drakengard 2? Blood of Chaos sounds an awful lot like Blood of Bahamut. Could Square Enix be making a sequel to their multiplayer DS game?
Oh gosh, please be right, please be right! T.T

I'm really hoping they're both new IPs, because that's something I really want to see from Square Enix these days. T_T (Well that and my freaking Versus FF D:< )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back