"Memories of your past can be forgotten, but
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Ohri Jin
FFXIV Server
Cerberus
Final Fantasy Versus XIII: “Look for news soon”
Says Square Enix's Members Twitter account.
by Sal Romano [@salromano] at 01:23 AM EDT, April 4, 2012 .

FFv13-News-Soon-400x225.jpg

Final Fantasy Versus XIII resurfaced this week as part of download content for Square Enix’s 3DS rhythm game Theatrhythm Final Fantasy. So when will we hear about the actual game itself? “Soon,” according to Square Enix.
Asked by a fan if it had any Versus XIII updates to share, Square Enix’s Members Twitter account replied, “nope, but look for news soon (soon can mean so many things though really…).”
Though, one must wonder how well-informed the account manager is, considering the statement following in parenthesis.
Thanks, FF-Reunion.

Read More: PlayStation 3, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, RPG, Square Enix, Twitter
http://gematsu.com/2012/04/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-look-for-news-soon#http://gematsu.com/2012/04/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-look-for-news-soon#http://gematsu.com/2012/04/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-look-for-news-soon#3

Source - http://gematsu.com/2012/04/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-look-for-news-soon

"Look for information soon" :rofl:

I really don't know where to begin with this whole statement....
Maybe we will get the information soon... but really... Where was the information we were promised a month or two ago? and on top of that... how about the information we were promised over a year ago... and two years ago.... I will believe it when I see it.

"Look for information soon" :rofl:

I really don't know where to begin with this whole statement....
Maybe we will get the information soon... but really... Where was the information we were promised a month or two ago? and on top of that... how about the information we were promised over a year ago... and two years ago.... I will believe it when I see it.

I concur. Unless I see any actual action from SE's side on their so-called super top secret project, I won't get my hopes up. This has gone on long enough.

"look for news soon." ...2 years go by and a different final fantasy game comes out, then we get a 2 minute trailer! cant wait !

I doubt they will cancel the game due to it would really hurt their name.

I think at the worst, they will change it to a next gen game since I believe they stated they were working on a next gen engine a while ago.

Hopefully big news!

Mod Edit:
King of Baron
Please do not post one-liners. Elaborate your point a little, or else it will be considered as spam and deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt they will cancel the game due to it would really hurt their name.

I think at the worst, they will change it to a next gen game since I believe they stated they were working on a next gen engine a while ago.
You might be on to something with that. I actually wouldnt mind tho, I've waited 6 years already, i can wait longer, especially if its on a newer system means it will look even better and run smoother, thats a type of delay i can deal with. plus i dont own a PS3 yet and still dont know if i will even bother getting one at this point. might just wait 3 more years and get a PS4 when it drops.

if they cant finish versus on an older system, less they will in another one.
Versus will come in at least 12 years if was moved to another system.

I doubt they would move it to a new system...I don't even think any companies are planning for new systems? PS3 still has a lot of life left in it, especially with the Vita launch. I doubt WiiU will really cause an upset...and I don't know what Microsoft are doing... =\

I'm expecting a sudden release date to be given, since they have been secretive about this game, even though they seem to have a lot of the prototype stuff done. Perhaps they will release it alongside a Vita version of Type-0~

I doubt they would move it to a new system...I don't even think any companies are planning for new systems? PS3 still has a lot of life left in it, especially with the Vita launch. I doubt WiiU will really cause an upset...and I don't know what Microsoft are doing... =\

I'm expecting a sudden release date to be given, since they have been secretive about this game, even though they seem to have a lot of the prototype stuff done. Perhaps they will release it alongside a Vita version of Type-0~

Wasn't it recently stated that ps3 hasn't even come close to being used to its full potential? Why come out with a new one if your current system still has so much to offer.

Wasn't it recently stated that ps3 hasn't even come close to being used to its full potential? Why come out with a new one if your current system still has so much to offer.

Your right I think, but then again they were saying the PS2 wasn't used to its full use till almost the time when the PS3 was going come out.

If they announce it will be on the next Gen I will just laugh, can't get a game done in 6 years so you think another 5 years on the next gen will make a difference...

Been a week, is that soon enough? :grin: Versus XIII is almost as bad as Half-Life 3, except there's some actual info on Versus.

Microsoft and Sony are both working on next gen consoles, but when they'll come out or be announced hasn't been released yet.

Competition. They can't let the other companies get ahead of them, and Nintendo is nothing to worry about seeing as how far behind they are in console power is how far behind the consoles are to PC's. Might explain why the PS2 got games for the next year or two after the PS3 came out compared to the Xbox and Gamecube losing support fairly quick.

Regardless, I hope they release it for the PS3 because I'd rather not buy the next console for a while. Took me 5 years to get a PS3 as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back