YouTube YouTube: Do you like it or not?

Do you like it or not?

• Yes

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I like the concept of it, especially when it first arrived on the scene some time ago.

With that, I'm indifferent about it. It has all types of users, serves many uses with its platform, and is quite popular, but it's been heavily bogged down since Google snatched it up ten years ago. Also, it's not the only site of its kind anymore, so it's not unique. But that was destined to happen eventually.

I see no reason to dislike? Allows me to watch videos for free. I hear the copyright system is a total mess and channels can be taken down over nothing, but eh. As a pure consumer the platform is good.

I soytainly do like it :lew:. It helped me through a tough time and allowed me to meet new people that I talk to now on Skype and through the comments. It's also very simple to use and allows for a tonne of file formats. Having said that, like our Ross said, the copyright system is ever so harsh. I think that may be down to the actual game/movie/music creators though. Although, they deserve to be able to say no to anything of theirs being used if they like...they made it!

From a viewer standpoint: It's all easy to use and easy on the eyes. The only problem I have is that the subscription system is bugged. It doesn't show every single video from who you are subscribed to. It seems to skip a couple :/. That's literally the only problem I have with that side of things though.

Overall: I would never move from YouTube for any of its competition. Unless something major changes.

I too like YouTube alot! It can be used for multiple reasons. I personally use it for learning and to get new ideas on something that I am interested on. I also watch music videos or a let's play of a my favorite games when I feel bored. The idea for using this to gain more knowledge is something that I always do. It's like taking different classes live on the internet.

YES! But..

The new style I like less, but the old style I loved in YouTube. It's still the best streaming network around, but that's mostly because no one has been able to compete.

The old style consisted of less stuff around promotion of the channel itself, but more about the content inside of it. When you viewed the front page, you could easily see what made someone stand out for their ability to connect with their peer. Instead of trying to put stuff that would get them more random followers, they were generally trying to connect to ideas and mostly were started to make folks laugh locally. I saw a lot of quality content back then that proved to be why youtube was so glorious. From instructional videos to political engagements people, who were NOT paid, were actually voicing their opinions and letting you know how to "do it yourself" in other videos. Also a lot more talent was there as well such as singing and what have you. It was the first time I saw music come across underground that had no label and could actually compete if not better than most of the stuff that you heard on the radio. There was hardly any filter as well when it came to popular videos.

The newer youtube, well.. I still like it because let's face it if I just need a quick laugh I can find something random out there and then move on with my stuff. Though looking at most of the major content on youtube, the entire place has ads now and people are actually using it to make a living instead of pushing for unique content. How do you make money? Well get a person with a good voice, a likable face/body, and then push content that is regurgitated in the public eye. Talk about the election or talk about something controversial, and guess what.. you are the media.

My main issue with the new youtube isn't just the people getting paid, because let's face it some of them are funnier than people on the Zombie Tube (television). The issue I have really is there is nothing new that people are bringing to the stage. It's the same stuff over and over and over. The quality of certain channels has gone totally into the gutter due to their random viewers are dictating what they should video on. The Youtubes are no longer a usage of a vlog per say, but act as a caveat for Television instead, in which I strongly dislike. I think due to the sheer amounts of ads, you might as well say there are commercials. Also who do you think backs youtube/google? The once singers who just got on there to sing their hearts out, are now being replaced by labeled artists instead. So whatever you hear on the radio is bleeding into the youtube. Vivo has taken a hold and I think will be there to stay.

Again, from a once Vlogging society where people actually spoke from the hip to now the censored, dumbed down versions of people who are getting paid to talk about particular subjects. I call it monetization of non originality. There is not a real person I feel from the looks of it, and so therefore I don't quite call it "Youtube" it's more like "PaidTube."

The difference of top youtubers now and top youtubers in 2007 is "Entertainment" vs "Talent".

Back