Your Perfect Party

The majority of the game was easy for me so I chose the party that looked great :D. Squall(Str), Irvine(HP & Vit) and Quistis(Mag).

My perfect party was mainly Squall, Zell, Rinoa or Irvine

I used Squall because he was he was my favorite character and his limit break Lionheart

I used Zell because he was energetic and sometime's funny during the game and he's quite a good fighter

I used Rinoa for her limit break's and I used Irvine when Rinoa wasn't available

Never used Selphie or Quistis cause I never found them that good

Rinoa only.

Other than that, Rinoa, Squall and Quistis.

Use to have Selphie in there, but she's so goddamn useless compared to everyone esle. xD

Rinoa only.

Other than that, Rinoa, Squall and Quistis.

Use to have Selphie in there, but she's so goddamn useless compared to everyone esle. xD

I figure the stat thats the highest when they first join my party is the stat i concentrate on and use them for in battles.

My party was Squall, Zell and Rinoa. Zell was the coolest character in the game :D and Rinoa is the lead girl, plus she had some awesome moves :D

I figure the stat thats the highest when they first join my party is the stat i concentrate on and use them for in battles.
Yeah, but all of Selphie's stats suck compared to most everyone else. D:

Selphie was actually my best junctioned when I used her. She was actually amazing, super good stats through junctioning but I decided that it would be even better if I used Quistis. Besides, to get Selphie's stats to be so good I used many of her better healing spells, and I mainly wanted her to be my healer. xP

Squall (obviously), Selphie, and .... Zell!

Mod edit: Could you elaborate a bit? Tell us why you liked using them, or why you didn't use the others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Squall, Irvine and Quistis! =D irvine and squall can kick some ass while quistis is the healer and uses GFs xD

i mainly used Squall and Zell to attack and Rinoa to heal.Although i did try to level the others so i had people as back up.In the last boss fight i used my weakess characters first, until they died then brought out my "dream team".

I guess I didn't like Irvine for his limit skills cause they were too expensive for me! -__-

I didn't like that aspect of Irvine, either. Plus, his character just got on my nerves.

I kept Squall and Rinoa together at all times, because I'm romantic like that. Squall kept up the PAs while Rinoa kept healing on him and bad vodoo on the enemy. Quistis was my 3rd for random encounters with low HP in case I wanted to degenerate an enemy i didn't feel like dealing with. If it was a fairly easy area, I used Zell as my third. If expected to need an emergency healer, I went in with Selphie to pray for full-cure.

I only used Irvine as much as I necessary in order to keep him at respectable levels and GF compatibility.

When I first played this game I honestly used everybody when I could. I believe I would gain about 5 levels or so then switch out characters, Squall being the only exception. But the last few games I started I have been going with a group of Squall, Quistis, and Irvine. Squall obviously for his kick ass limit breaks and uber strength. I use Quistis as my magic user and also for her limit breaks, there are a few blue magics that I dont use but most of them are really worth it. And finally I used Irvine for pretty much the same reason as Squall, he has some really great strength and his Shot limit break (pulse ammo FTW!!) really can do some damage.

There may be times when I might switch out Irvine for Zell, just because I like the challenge of his limit breaks and he is a powerhouse fighter.

My ideal party in this game is a 4-person rotating powerhouse: Squall on point with his awesomely powerful attacks and limit, Zell as backup (again, due to the merits of his limit), Quistis as mage with Mighty Guard never more than a stone's throw away and Irvine rounds out the group with ammo up the wahzoo.

I play a high-risk game - It's more fun that way, I think.

For the end game I used Squall/Rinoa/Irvine mostly because of their Limit Breaks, and sometimes I switched Irvine with Zell. Selphie and Quistis have weak Limit Breaks for me, especialy Quistis because she uses "Blue Magic" aka monster skills... and Selphie has "The End" but that's just about it.

I shall take irvine and Rinoa, and Squall ofc. Their limit break can surpass 9999.
I don't really like Rinoa though, i sometimes changed her to Quistis, or Zell. But, Squall and Rinoa is just so sweet when their together lol!

I tend to go along with the same as most of you. It had always been Squall, Zell and Rinoa for me, with Rinoa being the main magic user and Zell and Squall on limit breaks and physical attacks. Recently though I've discovered how good Irvine is, and as I'm levelling up the other three (inc Irvine) from a low level, I'm getting the advantages of stat boosts (HP bonus, Str Bonus etc). This is going to justify using all of them an awful lot more, despite Selphie and Quistis' crappy limits.

Oh, and the main reason for using Rinoa is because I'm secretly in love with her! ;)

Squall: I mean do I need an explanation? He wrecks. PERIOD.
Zell: Once you start getting his limit under your fingers were you know what is coming next, you can make his limit last for a while given what time you started with. Plus is an enemy is weak to gravity, once of his limit moves can really hurt an enemy.
Quistis: Well since I played cards early in the game, I had degenorator very early in the game which is a very easy way to level. Next, she is amazing support in battle toward the end of the game. Bad Breath, well you can destroy your enemy now right? Mighty Guard, Hey guess who has shell, protect, haste, and what's that? Aura? THE WHOLE PARTY. Mighty guard= perfect support. Now your meat sticks, via your other 2 party members can just destroy bosses/enemies.

I usually have either one of two partys.
The first is Squall, Zell and Rinoa. Squall and Zell have the best and most damaging limit breaks, whereas Rinoa has the best magical abilities. I use this team for bosses.

The second is Squall, Irvine and Selphie/Quistis. Squall and Irvine for attacking and either Selphie or Quistis for support. I mainly use this team for just running around the world map.
Of course, most of the characters are interchangable, as I like to keep the levels all even, with Squall at least ten levels ahead.
Call me weird, I don't care.

My best group was Squall, Zell, and Quistis. I had them for the majority of the game, which helped them get to high levels, and I just kept using them because they got to be pretty good. Squall ended up being about 13 levels ahead of Quistis, and only 3 ahead of Zell by the time I got to the end.

Back