Your Perfect Party

Lord Celestial

The Valiant One
Gil
I don't know about everyone else, but I found myself using Squall, Zell and Irvine for most of the game. Didn't much feel like training Rinoa since she spent most of her time getting into some situation or other where you had to go rescue her. Quistis and Selphie were too weak for my taste as well. An all male cast(how typical). Did anyone use a different party?

Hmmm...

Sounds like I had the same people too XD.

Squall, Irvine and Zell made the best BA team ever. :ryan:

I tried balancing it out but, the were my offensive team and I just went all the way xD. Together they made a great team =).

Idunno what it was but they were just compatible for each other xD

Reactions: Rey
That's the only flaw I really have with FFVIII. Not that many characters you can use in your party. Squall Irvine and Zell have the best physical attack power which is mainly why I used them.

Then there's the fact that you can give any character a summon(in contrast to X where only Yuna can summon) so there really isn't any specialty to any certain character.

You know a pretty popular party amoungst my friends and I were using Squall, Zell and Rinoa. Rinoa was just there to be all magicy and stuff. I didn't use Irvine cause of his character design. The same thing went for Quistis and Selphie. I rellay didn't like the colors of Red/pink, yellow, and brown cause thier costumes and character designs weren't as fun for me to use in battle.

The others however wore black and blue. (my two favorite colors)

I had to use them! xD I don't really get into whose strongest or not because when it comes down to it it all has to do with the junctions. How you junctions determines most of the stats of the characters so :P

in terms of limit breaks, Squall, Zell and Irvine have the best physical attacking ones, which is all you need in VIII cos of Meltdown. Renzokuken, Duel and Shot (fast ammo) can do fatal damage in just one turn.

Though for Omega Weapon I used Quistis instead of Irvine cos of Mighty Guard. I didn't need Selphie or Rinoa at any point. I only ever used Meltdown + Aura + Limit Break assault, so no point in magic like Ultima or Meteor, no matter how good they are; Renzokuken (+Lion heart) and Duel (repeated Punch Rush and Booya) are so much more powerful.

I tend to use Squall, Rinoa and Zell mainly. Squall and Zell for the attack and Rinoa as healing. Quisitis, Selphie and Irvine are another party all together, but I wouldnt use them as much unless I want all characters at same leve lol.

in terms of limit breaks, Squall, Zell and Irvine have the best physical attacking ones, which is all you need in VIII cos of Meltdown. Renzokuken, Duel and Shot (fast ammo) can do fatal damage in just one turn.

I agree with ya on this one and I think that's why they worked well.

I liked irvine a lot because he was just awesome with his limit skills xD.

But like i said, totally agree (y)

I agree with ya on this one and I think that's why they worked well.

I liked irvine a lot because he was just awesome with his limit skills xD.

But like i said, totally agree (y)

I guess I didn't like Irvine for his limit skills cause they were too expensive for me! -__-

I'm usually buying items to refine into stronger magic instead of buying more ammo for Irvy. xD

His ammo got cut from my budget!

Everytime I've ever played the game, I would train everyone and keep them of a relatively similar level. Because of that, I could put in whoever I wanted to without the lack of level for one of the party members. So my party varied in every run through I've made in the game.

I always used Squall and Rinoa. Squall is a beast, and you couldn't swap him out for a good portion of the game anyways. Rinoa tends to be underrated. Statistically, she's the most dominant character (Str and Mag are higher by 20!) and with limits like Wishing Star and Invisible Moon, she pretty much ends up being in the top 3, no matter what.

As for the my number 1 party, the third member would either be Zell or Selphie. Zell is powerful and the only drawback to his limit is that it just gets annoying trying to link moves together. Selphie has arguably some of the best limit breaks in the game. Full-Cure is the best healing spell in the game, and can be a life-saver at times. The Wall is a good spell for quick protection and of course, Rapture and The End are instant winners.

As for Quistis and Irvine, I really have no major gripe with either of them. I think Quistis is one of your best assets when trying to level the party up, because Degenerator makes the process quick and easy, especially if you hang around the Islands Closest to Heaven and Hell. But for a final product, she does lack a multi-hit limit to deal big damage, even though Shockwave Pulsar does break the damage limit. And for Irvine, his shot is nice, but it becomes too costly on inventory. I'm sort of a stickler when it comes to using too much inventory, which puts Zell ahead of him for me.

Magic wasn't really a necessity in FFVIII. :lew:

I used Squall, Zell and Irvine for a good majority of the game but in the end and for the final battle I went with Squall, Irvine and Quistis. I liked Irvine and Quistis' limit breaks. While I liked Duel, I completely failed at it so I didn't use Zell in the final battle. :8F:

Again I usually alternated but I would have to agree with the majority here that Squall, Zell, and Irvine

Squall: Not only does he do everything well but his limit is always useful. Especially if he manages to pull off Lionheart. I usually use him as the main healer.
Zell: Infinite Punch Rush and Booya for the win.
Irvine: His ammo has a nice variety of uses, also he's my favorite character.

If I switch anyone out it's usually going to be Zell.

This may be wrong but I pissed everyone else of except for Sqaull Zell & Selphie anduse them as my primary trio, in fact my only trio.

Sqaull has the most reliable Limit Break Even without the Lionheart He still has the ability to do massive damage.

Zell is an Excellent 2nd being my primary Item user and Tank, with Cover and Doc;s Code equipped he is handy. His limit is aimed towards Finishing moves but has the potential for
a lot of damage.

Selphie is just a pleasure to have on the Team her cheerful dispstion and Luck based Limit Breaks add a nice touch of random chance to the overpowering offensive abilities of
Sqaull and Zell.

Quistis might have the better selection of Limit to choose from aand youget them all the time but with selphie you have to fly through and hope you get what you beed.

Outsideof Tidus Wakka and Rikku I would say these 3 are the most adept.

That I use anyway.

Squall (duh)
Rinoa: Strongest base STR stat in the game, and good limits - especially if you only bothered to learn the good ones
Quistis: Degenerator. Shame she was shite at attacking, but she had a whip, so its all good

And that's pretty much my party throughout unless Im forced to take other folk obv

Well in the end game or early at disc 3 my party has always been:

Squall: Keeping hp low at critical level to repeatedly perform Renzokuken. I also equip status attack junction death magic for 1 Hit kill(not all the time).
Irvine: The same set up as Squall. He's also great versus Group enemies coz of the shotgun ammo limit.
Rinoa: My official healer. I equip to her recover and revive ability. Her angelwing limit doesn't really matter to me coz at this point of the game magic and gf doesn't stand out at all. All of this are my opinion base on my experience coz this what works for me, I finished this game 4 times already the 5th time i'm still currently playing at my psp.

Squall Somewhat obvious choice ^^
Zell (who was called Xell in the German Version oO)good attacks, fast and great limit attacks
Quistis usually used for items and as eyecandy, just my type of woman xD

I've always been using Selphie and Zell. Zell for his attacks and such, and Selphie for her magic and her amazing limit break. :awesome: The End ftw.

Time to time I use Rinoa. I never thought Quistis or Irvine were that good in battle, so I never really bothered using them. /:

Then there's the fact that you can give any character a summon(in contrast to X where only Yuna can summon) so there really isn't any specialty to any certain character.

Well, the different characters each have their own limit breaks, so that can really come in handy.

If I recall correctly, for the majority of the time that I could, I would have a team of Squall, Rinoa and Quistis (Lion Heart, Wishing Star, Invincible Moon, and Shockwave Pulsar Limit Breaks are exceedingly useful).

Yes, other than the main character that team consists of women, I like having female characters in the party, it makes it more enjoyable (In FFXIII it is a team of Fang, Lightning and Hope. >.>). :monster:

I used Squall because of his Limit Breaks, Zell because of his attacks and Irivine because I help Squall and Zell with him. Anyway that was my favourite party.

I usually keep most of them at the same level other than squall. Who is roughly always in my party.

Back