Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Dirge Of Cerberus

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Kingdom Hearts

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • Other - specify please

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
Oh man, anyone that watched Advent Children first mush have been so confused...

I decided to put it on the other night when i had a friend round, I got so many questions and confusion I had to turn it off half way through because i was confusing myself aswel :wacky:

Im so glad I played the game first :ffs:

The game first. It was the game that cemented both FF and RPG as my games and genre of choice as well as the game (along with RE and FFVIII) that had me buy the PSX. I have played, read, and watched all compilation materials and have loved most of it. AC and CC are fantastic and On Your Way to a Smile is a decent story. But both Last Order and the short story Maiden (can't remember full title) don't mesh all that well with the rest of the series. Especially Last Order which contradicts CC way too much.

Final Fantasy Vll emulator

62758152692.jpg

Playing, Final Fantasy Vll on Pc, whit emulator PS1

Well, it had to be the original game cause I played it almost 10 years ago now.

I actually got Dirge of Cerberus as a gift from a friend because they knew I played Final Fantasy (X and XII at the time), but having never actually played the original I couldn't bring myself to even open DoC. So it sat beckoning to me until I found a copy, played it the whole way through, watched LO and AC and then was finally able to open it and play it. Unfortunately after all the pent up waiting it wasn't as good as the original by far, I was just pleased I didn't crack and play it beforehand.

I got into it from FFVII the Game after that I watched AC and LO and then played DoC ^_^

Years and years ago I got a PlayStation for Christmas (1998, I believe) to replace my Sega Genesis and my first game was Final Fantasy VII. So, I played the game first and proceeded to go fan-senseless when Advent Children was announced years later.

And then was fan-disappointed.

Wow I feel old now...

My cousin got me into Final Fantasy Legend for the original Game Boy back in like, 1990 or something? I was like 10 years old and didn't even realize this wasn't even really a Final Fantasy game...I had already been exposed to RPG's due to Dragon Warrior for the NES. My first real FF game was FF4 (FF2US), then FF1 for NES shortly afterwards. Then FF6(FF3US). Then 7, 8, 9, as they were released for PSX. Then I went back and played FF2J and FF3J (translation editions) on emulators. Then I beat FFX and X-2. Then my world was consumed by FFXI for 4 years and I hate it for that. During this time, AC, DoC and most recently FF7:CC entered into my life.

So yes I have a very long Final Fantasy history that extends way back before FF7 was even a remote idea. And yes I feel very, very old.

I was first exposed by watching my babysitter play when I was 7, then five years or so later, I started playing it when my dad abandoned it [he was in the first area XD]
But yeah, definitely through the game. I haven't touched AC and I honestly don't want to. DoC is a complete waste of time, so I'm glad I quit it.

I had a playstation at the time, saw the commercial about FFVII and was like

"Dearest mother, I would love to by chance purchase this exquisite example of modern technology in CD-ROM format. Would you happen to be able to fund this request?"

then Boom, had it in my hands.

Basically, I bought it when it first came out, I played FFIII a lot on the SNES so I remembered playing a game from the franchise and loved that...so yeah.

PUNKLEOPATRA said:
I haven't touched AC and I honestly don't want to.

It's entertaining, which is why it's there. Just don't try to hard to analyze it or match it up with the original plot.

Definetly the game. I probably would not have watched Advent Children if I had not played the game. Final Fantasy VII was the game that got me into the whole series.

Of course. A friend lent it to me, and, thank GOD, it replaced my love for Pokemon. (That was '99 and I was 11, people.) I literally would have ignored the entire series if it wasn't for FF7. (The rest of the PS games, the inferior early stuff, the inferior PS2 stuff, and the FF7-related stuff: DoC, LO, AC (And soon to be CC.))

FF7 was among the best things that happened to me. If you don't have it, you must get it, by any means.

Just want to say i love Final Fantasy 7 so much. I Really do I get goosebumps when i think of the memories.

First I used to play Kingdom Hearts I( a year after it came out)
But before that I always used to watched my older cousin play FF VII. I used to be about...Hmm 6? I begged him to let me play, but he just said that I was under age. I loved Aeris then ( for some really weird reason). Stupid couisin...D:

Final Fantasy VII. One of my favorite games. First RPG i played, think i replayed the game 4 times :P

Back