Yiazmat

Since we've been reading the same guide, I would've thought you'd read that it's been done at lower levels than 80, but it's just ridiculously difficult. It's only a recommendation and so long as you have all of the right equipment, abilities and patience [you and I know how tedious Hell Wyrm was], you should do it.

Now, for doing it myself.... xD

haha Behemoth King is a bitch to get to show up.

As for Yiazmat, just make sure you're constantly attacking to get a lot of your MP back. You'll use up MP for spells such as Curaja, Guard, Haste, etc which will make this battle go 10x faster and easier. It's a long battle, so any little bit helps, even if you don't think it is.

Even at a low level you can put up a very decent fight over the course of the 45 hours it takes to face this guy. If you've got a good back-up party coming in as well, that's a bonus. I have 3 characters all up in their 80's but all my girls were high 40's so when they came in if needed, they were knocked to the ground in 4 1/2 seconds.

I have just one things to say.

Gambit

Target: Self MP <10%
Action: Charge

That way you will always have some MP no matter what and during the fight with Yiazmat if you loose your MP you are dead.

This is also rather useful through out the game in general especially if you have gambits set to buffer your party all the time, haste, protect and shell etc.

Last edited:
Well, when I attempted Yiazmat all my characters were level 99 even my backup ones.

My gambit setup looked something like this:

1) Ally- any ---> Arise
2) Ally HP < 40% ---> Renew
3) Ally-any ---> Hastega
4) Ally-any---> Bravery
5) Foe: nearest---> Expose
5) Foe: nearest---> Attack

At the beggining of the battle I expose him like mad then I turn off that particular gambit and start hacking away. When he uses Growing Threat I turn off the buff gambits since he'll get so strong you need to squeeze in whatever damage you can between healing and reviving. This setup worked for me pretty well.

I read somewhere that it was possible to beat Yiazmat at level 1, though it just takes bloody ages. Never would consider trying it though lol.

Actually its possible by using Darkga with three party members consistently....but it will take over 45 hours due to Yiazmat's huge HP's, and his natural healing.

When I attempted to fight Yiazmat, my three characters were in the early 70's. I used two Masamune's and a Staff Of Magi. I gave Penelo the Masamune, Brave Suit and Circlet (she deals the most with Masamune) and gave her the following buffs - Berserk, Haste and Faith. I kept her in critical health to increase her combo rate further. 90% chance of dealing 12 combos. I gave Basch the other Masamune, and kept him as the tank. I casted the following buffs on him - Protect, Haste, Shell, Bravery, Faith, Decoy and Reverse. He was equipped wiht the following armour and accessories: Dueling Mask, Grand Armour and Bubble Belt. The reason Basch is the tank, is because he has the lowest Vitality out of the entire party; the length of Reverse depends on your Vitality - the lower it is, the longer Reverse will last. Knowing this, Basch has a whole second longer than any other party member. You might not think its much, but believe me, it helps. Ashe was my buffer/mage. I gave her the Staff Of Magi, Circlet, Robe Of Lords and Sage's Ring. She consistently casted the buffs mentioned above on the party members, and revived/healed if they were killed or damaged heavily.

It is possible BUT it's gonna be one hell of a ride. When the battle starts, everything seems to be under control, you use your healing... when you need to, Arise when you need to (or some other method of bringing your character back); Windbrackers when he casts Cyclone and Esuna or any other item for getting rid of status effects (Petrify, Sap, Stop). Keep Bubble, Protect and Shell throughout the battle for as long as you can; Bravery and Faith help too by the way.
Once he gets down to 9 bars or so he will use "Growing Threat" which will double everything about him, his level, his attack and his defense. That doesn't seem to be much of a problem....at first.Soon he will start using "Death Strike" more often and due to his doubled stats it will land just about every time. Soon when his health gets down to about 4 to 3 bars he will start to rain hell on you. It's terrible, you'll most likely be forced to turn off every gambit you set leaving only Attack and Arise. He will most likely not let you cast anything else, and when you use Healing magik....or Jesus help you because he will NOT stop hitting you character until they are dead, meaning 7+ hits in a row. There will be a time when he will cast Reflect on your party so watch out when you heal, you might wanna negate that spell by putting on Ruby Rings or Mirror Mail.
As I said before, it is possible to beat him at any other lvl then 99 it will just be...horrible.
Good luck! <3

Actually, your level doesn't play a vital role in it; as long as you're between Lv 70 - 99, you should be fine. Reverse is needed more than ever for his last 3 bars of health. Bubles belts are useful too.

haha Behemoth King is a bitch to get to show up.

As for Yiazmat, just make sure you're constantly attacking to get a lot of your MP back. You'll use up MP for spells such as Curaja, Guard, Haste, etc which will make this battle go 10x faster and easier. It's a long battle, so any little bit helps, even if you don't think it is.

Even at a low level you can put up a very decent fight over the course of the 45 hours it takes to face this guy. If you've got a good back-up party coming in as well, that's a bonus. I have 3 characters all up in their 80's but all my girls were high 40's so when they came in if needed, they were knocked to the ground in 4 1/2 seconds.

wow man what u on bout yazimat takes around 7-15 hours not 45 hours ^_^

Back