X Factor 2010

You cant distance it from the original, its the exact same song....with a different name. I think he shoulda at least tried to take the song and do something with it. Change the temp or the beat slightly add in some off beats i dunno..Even do a full acoustic version.

X factor started of as a decent show, now though its nothing more than a fix and a money earner. The papers exagerate everything to get their shitty headlines and scandals. =/

I've seen a Biffy Clyro video of this song and in brackets it says (When We Collide) which must mean it's an alternate name for the song. This is just a theory here, but maybe Syco took that name instead of the Many of Horror name to stay out of Biffy Clyro's way, or maybe it was a clause for having rights to the song? We'll just never know, it doesn't matter about the name anyway. I think Matt did a brilliant version of this song, and he made it his own.

I've seen a Biffy Clyro video of this song and in brackets it says (When We Collide) which must mean it's an alternate name for the song. This is just a theory here, but maybe Syco took that name instead of the Many of Horror name to stay out of Biffy Clyro's way, or maybe it was a clause for having rights to the song? We'll just never know, it doesn't matter about the name anyway. I think Matt did a brilliant version of this song, and he made it his own.

Naw it is called many of horror, ive got the album. Bloody amazing one it is aswell :ryan:
I dunno, to me it shows a lack of respect. Its Simon neils and biffys lyrics, their words that they wrote. Changing the name just seems......disrespectfull...like something cowel would do.
Maybe he had permission who knows. Im not one of them crazy fans who hate matt just cuz hes singing a song from one of my favourite bands. He shoulda done it justice, but he never imo =/

Well, the band did give permission for Matt to sing the song and have the name changed. Since it's their song, I would expect that to have happened. According to a newspage I found on a site, they think it's surreal for this to be happening and still wish him the best of luck.

There are also Facebook campaigns to stop him from getting to #1. Whether Matt won or not, I find them sort of lame. It's like, if you don't like the winner's single, just don't listen to the single. No one's FORCING you. :wacky:

The campaigns aren't a personal attack on the winner though, they're against the actual show itself. People are getting bored with rounds being fixed right from the audition stages and then throughout the finals it's just generic covers you hear year in, and year out. Nevertheless, with the exception of Leona Lewis none of the winners have done anything "significant" within the music industry.

Do you have the source for biffy clyro saying that faith? Its not that i dont belive you but id love to read it. And if biffy were fine with them changing their name then theres no problems at all.

And yeah what ryan said, theyre out for the show not the members themselves. I think its daft personally these facebook campaigns. If you love your music then listen to your music, dont give a shit about christmas number 1s and the charts in general. When have the charts ever been good? Its all filled with the same crap. Stop matt getting number 1 only to have Rhianna or someone else take the spot? Is that really so much better? I dont like the show anymore either but the campaigns are for morons.
The christmas number 1 isnt even the important part. The show itself makes the producers money while its being filmed through the months. Hence why all these artists dissapear after 1 song. They dont care about them anymore as the new series will start and theyl be forgotten.

You can almost feel sorry for them.

oh sorry :lew:

Well if biffy are fine with it then people should shuttup and stop complaining, get off the lads back. If you dont like it then stick to the original like i will be.
Biffy have done their fair share of cover songs aswell, they did some tracks by the killers and even did umbrella by rhianna.

On topic im glad that cher chick didnt win....i know nothing about her as ive seen the show a few times, so im being a total hypocrite here but i just didnt like the way she came off.

It was changed because many of horror didnt sound festive enough I think :wacky:

I like Matt, but the original version shits all over Matts :lew: How can it 'feel more natural' when its their song, sung how they intended it and the only difference being, the accents?

Anyway, folk that are proper spitting feathers about it, need to get a grip - just ignore it and listen to the original. I cringed when Mary sang All I want is you, because its one of my favourite songs. Its not the end of the world, it's ujst...not great when you hear your favourite song get sang and you dont like it :wacy: The way some people are reacting is laughable

I did enjoy watching X Factor, but id never vote or go out and buy one of their records unless they really really stood out. and theres not many who are still about afew years down the line. It is just a load of hyped up old crap, and it is demeaning the music industry, it just doesnt seem as lucrative anymore, basically, if you have a half decent voice you can make it by singing other peoples songs

I wasnt too keen on Matt singing Biffy. I dunno, it kinda felt weird hearing them on a show like the X Factor. As Kelly said, the original shits on Matts. But good for him for trying it out. And I do think it sounds better in a Scottish accent lol. If it gets to number 1, then well done for him. I wont be purchasing it however lol.

I wasnt too keen on Matt singing Biffy. I dunno, it kinda felt weird hearing them on a show like the X Factor. As Kelly said, the original shits on Matts. But good for him for trying it out. And I do think it sounds better in a Scottish accent lol. If it gets to number 1, then well done for him. I wont be purchasing it however lol.

It got to number 1. I'm actually quite happy about it! :D

I liked the Biffy Clyro version, but now listening to Matt's version, I think I prefer Matt's, I dunno maybe it's because I'm a massive Matt fan girl at the mo, but there's something about his version that.... stands out. But I can understand how you guys feel about the cover. But, this time next year hopefully Matt will be out again, with his own stuff, I can't wait :D

Black Eyed Peas star will.i.am is said to be disappointed after X Factor star Cher Lloyd signed to Simon Cowell’s Syco record label instead of his own.

The rapper was a big fan of the 17-year-old’s on the show, and the pair even teamed up for a duet on the X Factor final.

But it seems that powerful media mogul Cowell has got his own way once again, managing to persuade the teen that her career is best left in his hands.

will.i.am, who is a close friend of Cher’s former mentor Cheryl Cole, did everything he could think of to convince the singer and her family that she would be in good hands under his direction.

“He vowed to help her grown and develop as a recording artist. He also spoke to her family, promising them he’d try to make her a star,” a source told New! magazine.

But Cher, along with her fellow X Factor finalists, One Direction and runner-up Rebecca Ferguson, all signed with Syco.

will.i.am will, however, be the creative director of Cher’s album. This is sure to get her career off to a brilliant start; after all, the music star helped launch Cheryl Cole’s solo music career too, and she's enjoyed huge success.

And he’s got big plans for what Cher’s unique sound will be. “I’d make edgy hip-hop with a bit of pop and electro thrown in,” he’s been quoted as saying.

Pretty sure Cher has a better deal out of this than Matt :lew: I said they'd all get signed regardless of winning or not. Keep on jogging Matt. :busta:

the fdaft cow should really have tried to get away from the whole xfactor thing and snapped up his offer. what a bint

Back