Would you like to see a remake/spinoff to this game?

I, for one, don't mind Square doing something with the franchise(since that is what we are apparently calling the games now a days). But what is the big debate. Something that addresses the War of the Magi? Or maybe an alternative retelling of the game?

However, any sequel talk, or any talk that is post-game should be handled like J.J. Abrams did with the Star Trek franchise, if there is going to be any elements of magic in the game, an alternative universe that is so shattering different from the original must be created. This way, purists can't go and complain that Square ruined anything, and those who do enjoy a sequel, can have one in peace.

All FFVI really needs is a HD remake on the PS3 or the 3DS, because the story is wrapped up nicely so it only needs a remake, not a spinoff.

i would say, a 3DS remake. ps3 is way too much. it would have to revamp everything they did. and even then it would be difficult. i think all 16-bit era games should be remake on 3Ds, and all ps2 on ps3 or ps4

i would say, a 3DS remake. ps3 is way too much. it would have to revamp everything they did. and even then it would be difficult. i think all 16-bit era games should be remake on 3Ds, and all ps2 on ps3 or ps4

Accessibility is going to be the overriding factor, though. There is a fraction of people who own 3DSs compared to PS3s. Besides, Nintendo may not want another Square developed Final Fantasy on their handhelds. They had a fight in 2001 trying to get Final Fantasy 4, 5 and 6 on to the GBA that didn't get resolved until the end of the GBA's lifespan.

Besides, with the emergence of the iPad and Android tablets, it basically killed any hope of a strong 3DS and Vita.

Accessibility is going to be the overriding factor, though. There is a fraction of people who own 3DSs compared to PS3s. Besides, Nintendo may not want another Square developed Final Fantasy on their handhelds. They had a fight in 2001 trying to get Final Fantasy 4, 5 and 6 on to the GBA that didn't get resolved until the end of the GBA's lifespan.

Besides, with the emergence of the iPad and Android tablets, it basically killed any hope of a strong 3DS and Vita.

Its still pretty accessible. Gba is old, that ship has sailed. And even then it wont be the overiding factor.

Which one is worth developing to the point of high CGI and incredibly realistic graphics?

Its still pretty accessible. Gba is old, that ship has sailed. And even then it wont be the overiding factor.

Which one is worth developing to the point of high CGI and incredibly realistic graphics?

If you are talking development cost, getting a dev kit for the 3DS is a heck of a lot cheaper, I agree. However, you also have to look at it from the viewpoint that fans have been begging for this remake since the N64 days, and that is something that Square can not ignore like they did with Final Fantasy 3 and 4(both DS remakes).

If you are talking development cost, getting a dev kit for the 3DS is a heck of a lot cheaper, I agree. However, you also have to look at it from the viewpoint that fans have been begging for this remake since the N64 days, and that is something that Square can not ignore like they did with Final Fantasy 3 and 4(both DS remakes).

Youre not listening. Just because fans want a remake doesnt mean theyll get a full ps3 remake.

They would not make a full remake of any of the games from the 32 bit era on anything but the DS or 3DS, just isn't really worth it in the end. in order to make a full remake of it on a PS3 is just not logical. That would take up more time than FFVII remake, which they say would take a few years... so tell me how long a game from the 32 bit era would take?

They would not make a full remake of any of the games from the 32 bit era on anything but the DS or 3DS, just isn't really worth it in the end. in order to make a full remake of it on a PS3 is just not logical. That would take up more time than FFVII remake, which they say would take a few years... so tell me how long a game from the 32 bit era would take?

i agree...plus, its like a completely different game.

its completely different when its a 2D game.

I agree with the 'They will never do it' argument, even though I'd like to hope they would. It would be nice to see this game revamped with hi-def graphics and maybe some more features, but keep the story the same.

so it appears its coming to mobile devices as a remake of sorts;

http://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-vi-is-coming-to-ios-and-android-vii-coul-1443087791
Square Enix will be releasing a modified version of the beloved Final Fantasy VI, originally released in North America in 1994 as Final Fantasy III, this winter for iOS and Android, long-time Square director and producer Takashi Tokita told Kotaku today. The game won't be a straight port.
"It is basically like a remake of the original VI," Tokita said as he proudly revealed his surprise at the end of a presentation about the recent smartphone release of FFV and the upcoming mobile release of FFIV: The After Years. "But there have been some enhancements."
"The battle systems have been altered for the other [mobile remakes] for Final Fantasy and VIwill be the same. For instance grinding was an issue and people had to spend a lot of time leveling up. Now on the mobile devices the battle systems have been adjusted so you don't have to fight as much and can enjoy the game for what it is."The graphics, he said, will be refined for cellphones. They'll still be 2D but sharpened, a la the recent mobile release of V.
The next release in the Legacy series will be a mobile port of Final Fantasy: The After Years, which was originally released on phones in Japan and as a downloadable game for the Wii in the U.S. The mobile release is a 3D remake of the original release.
The Legacy series won't necessarily end with VI, Tokita said, when we asked him if it could include VII, VIII, IX, X and beyond. "We are aware that we have tons of VII fans," he noted. "We have VII fans in our own company. If this Legacy project works out well, we would like to one day be able to work with VII."

no news there about 3ds though.

A remake on the 3DS, much like what they did for Final Fantasy 4, would be an instant-purchase for me, even if they asked for $80. I'm dead serious.

I'm not a fan of them making any sort of sequel, though a prequel could be interesting, particularly if it took place during the War of the Magi. If it had gameplay similar to something like The Witcher, I'd be sold, though a Tactics-​like game would be nice, too.

~SilentMage

This game is one of my all time favorite final fantasy games of the franchise. Yes I would love to see a remake and even so I know there have been remakes on the phone ios/android but I would love to see something more from that since it did have a pretty big storyline as well in it I would love it to see it have a massive rehaul and maybe make it more of a 3D like in the sense like the 7 remake we are waiting on as of right now. That would be wonderful <3

I would love to see a remaster, in the style of FF4 Complete Collection on PSP. Perhaps even an after-story. I prefer enhanced sprites far more over the 3D art style FF4DS had. lol

Back