Would you like to see a remake/another spinoff to this game?

Honestly I'd like to see both the remake and the sequel of it.

First the remake - It would (atleast in my opinion) the very first Final Fantasy that would be actually amazing and would be released for the current gen consoles. Not to mention the fact that Square Enix would earn tons of millions of money thanks to a game like this. Another thing is that despite the fact that a lot of people have already beaten this game and probably even forgotten it, they would love to refresh their memories by playing it again in HD on PS3 or X360 and besides who wouldn't like to get a nice pixel trophy for getting another Zodiac Spear eh?

Spin off/Sequel - this is simple, this game was and still is so great that another one like it would be just awesome. Plus we still do not know answer to many mysteries surrounding the Ivalice

I would love for this to get a HD re-release (along with X and X-2 of course) simply so they can glue all the maps together? No more running through black loading sections that take 10 seconds every couple of minutes, I would love that! Not to mention it would look amazing in HD.

Fortress better happen too.

I must admit, I would love it if this game was re-released, I think VII and VIII are the best two PS1 games I've ever played.

EDIT: Misread the post title and thought it was about Final Fantasy VII.

Yes, I would love a spin off. I was quite disappointed by XII, mainly because the story was a bit bland and there was no real character development. I play these RPGs for the characters and story, not the graphics and special effects.

But mainly, I miss the old mischievous flirtings and love triangles from the old FF games :(

I'd love to see a remake or a more better and direct sequel than Revenant Wings. I love this game, it's my fave, but what kills it is the endless dungeon crawling. It really needed more story.

I wish they would've put Gabranth more in the story and get more into Landis where Basch is from, because really the whole game is about Ashe, Basch and Gabranth. Also they needed to explain Balthier as a Judge, because really, how did Balthier not know who Gabranth was in the Nalbina Dungeons even though he was once a judge himself. It's really confusing and frustrating. Definitely could use a remake.

Oh and yeah Tinka, definitely a lot of flirting and long triangles in FFXII. I think what people didn't like about FFXII is what Stoic Hero said, it was too mature. Also it was the least "anime-ish fantasy", it felt more real than the others.

Absolutely. FFXII is not my favourite FF game, not by far (it ranks fourth for me, actually), but as for the world of Ivalice, I fell in love with it. More than Gaia, Spira, Gran Pulse, etc. would I love to live in the world of Ivalice. The lore, the seriousness of the game, the manner in which people spoke, the scenery, etc. etc. but that should be for another topic.

At any rate, yes, maybe a sequel set a decade or so into the future, where we saw how Larsa is faring at ruling Archades and how Ashe is doing with Dalmasca. Grown-up versions of our cast <3 Perhaps if there was a plotline on how the Vieras' way of life was being increasingly threatened, and they had to branch out or die out, that would be neat.
Even a light novel of sorts, you know, I love reading those.

hi guys

A prequel would be great... But there's not really that much to go back on.
Maybe it can be based upon on how balthier fled from dr cid and up to when he met vaan

Yes, I do think a remake of this game should be made just because the original was so very poor.

Firstly, a new bunch of characters who actually have some depth to them should be added - you need to get rid of the current sextet of bland, souless vessels. Next, they need to get rid of the incredible number of NPC that have no use - there were far too many of them who contributed nothing to the game. Next, totally alter the storyline which was a borefest from start to beginning - it was something to do with politics and a war (which you never saw) and something about magicite. Next, the battle system was maybe good in theory to speed up the action but if you set your party up perfectly, you could run at a enemy and then do nothing - the game fought the battles itself. Next, sort the secret bosses out as none of them served any major purpose bar the fact that they were there to beat. Next, give the graphics a good polish - it was as if SE had got them to 70-80% of their planned quality level and then thought, "Yeah they look alright, lets leave them at that and save time and money". Next, sort it out to make it feel like you're actually travelling around a vast world. In 7, 8 and 9 you travel to different continents and you'd be a long way from you're starting point and you'd feel a long way away too. In 12, you were never very far away from Rabanastre from both a physical distance point of view and also a gamplay point of view - if you want to explore the world, you don't want to keep coming back every 5 seconds or just be a hop, skip and jump away from home. Then, I'd employ an actual evil guy to be the main antagonist, not some youth you barely see and looks a bit of a nancy girl - I mean Alan Sugar would have been a scarier opponent than Vayne.

There are many more things that I'd change with this game which as you can probably tell, isn't too far away from almost starting afresh with things. There's so many things I disliked with this game but I'll stop now.

personally I liked FF12, the characters and such...about a remake, a HD remake would make it much better, a spinoff.. I'm with the Balthier(& Fran) stories.. actually the thing I'd change in the game is that, in cities your leader character should be the one that runs around..that's all...it seemed weird for me that Vaan was never in my team, after Balthier&Fran came to the scene..and it was weird to see him running around..while he was just tagging along, low-levelled and with shitty equipment xD

I would love to see an HD remake of 12. I am thinking of starting a petition on Change.org.

Khor: I'm 100% with you on that, I honestly not going to complain if they don't do a HD version of it. I think just releasing it for PS3/PS4 would be all it would take for me to send another 100+ hours in that game. My PS2 died and my PS3 fat died so I can't play the game anymore without getting a used PS2 :( I really hope!

-Emerson

I would love to see a sequel to XII but where everyone wants more of Balthier's story line (and I think that would be great too) I want the rest of Basch's story. It ended with him loosing his brother, his people still thinking he was the one to kill the king he was supposed to be serving, and at the end his only choice was to impersonate his brother in his brother's army (what was the enemy camp through the whole game). The ending even said he was told that the time wasn't right for him to be cleared and the truth to come out. I would like to see a sequel with Basch as the main character (he should have been the main character in XII, not Vaan) and his efforts to clear his name and regain his rightful position in Dalmasca, Ashe's ruling kingdom. (And people are saying they'd like to see Balthier and Ashe end up together, I think Basch and Ashe would be a better fit.)

Back