World of Final Fantasy spoiling main FF titles?

JigoKuu

Cyberfujoshi
Gil
Andre the Adamantoise
Carlos el Cactuar
Barry the Behemoth
Build-A-Member
Chocobo Egg
Thief
FFXIV
Jun Sasaki
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
FFF
I really would like to buy World of Final Fantasy (with this new update somehow I can't put it out of my mind...), but due to the fact that I didn't play every main series FF game, I'm a little bit worried about WoFF spoiling them.
Should I play it later, when I played more FF games? Or I can buy it now, the characters from main titles only apper (like you know, make cameo) but won't spoil anything for me?

Thanks for the help in advance! C:

I've only played through half of the game and that was a few years ago, but from what I recall, WoFF does not really spoil any major events of mainline FF titles. There are a lot of references and homages to plot events from the games and locations/characters appear in the game as well, but as far as I know, it does not go beyond that.

You should be safe, mostly.

The Final Fantasy characters are a lot more faithful to their original game counterparts than the Kingdom Hearts Final Fantasy cameos were, but they are still only playful representations of the characters. They don't get too deep into their canonical backstories. They all fit into the World of Final Fantasy universe and could be better imagined as alternate universe versions of these characters.

World of Final Fantasy cleverly self-parodies a few scenes from various Final Fantasy games, but if you haven't played the games being parodied then the worst that could happen would be that the joke flies over your head.

I don't think there are any major spoilers. They mostly poke around at the themes, and they often combine the locations of various games into a single location and connect them in ways which are quite interesting. The result is something which is unique to World of Final Fantasy, but it also references the franchise so that fans familiar with particular games can get the jokes. The more games you are familiar with, the more jokes you will understand, but you should enjoy the game regardless.

The main characters and the plot are all new to this game, so you do not need to worry about spoilers for that.

Back