who is planning on getting version 2.0 on PS3?

I agree with the above concerns of consumer's choice of time subscription payments as opposed to auto-renewal. I suppose so long as Crysta is still in effect it's not that much to worry about, but as only an ex-FFXI player I have no idea if this will be the type of thing where it will still apply or we need an alternative method for the PS3 or even (to my knowledge) FFXIV altogether. I'd definitely get this on PS3 as my PC is incapable of running it, I just love the idea of a good online FF experience on my preferred console.

I am however, curious to if it'd be worth hooking up a keyboard to my PS3 then to compensate but then rises the issue of do I want wired or wireless? Additional costs etc are a touch discouraging i.e. headsets for guild chat etc. which of course a keyboard would bypass but with pad in hand and the other blazing a trail on keys I doubt I'd do very well in combat.

Last edited:
I played the closed beta and it was like a prettier looking World of Warcraft. Combat was kind of boring, quests had little variety (at least the beginning ones didn't), and most MMOs are like this so w/e. Not getting it for any system, ribbit.

Ive played world of warcraft...I highly doubt its close to that range...still most combat gets boring if played alone, its the multiplayer options that help

Most to all MMOs have been modeled after WoW recently: boring combat and repetitive quests. Very few games seem to break away from this and FFXIV is no exception. I don't know how the game was before but it's not interesting to me now.

Most to all MMOs have been modeled after WoW recently: boring combat and repetitive quests. Very few games seem to break away from this and FFXIV is no exception. I don't know how the game was before but it's not interesting to me now.

Maybe, but it depends. For the FF themed world, we will most likely see air ships. Magitek armor is confirmed and some form of mini games. MMOs are always going to be repetitive because their RPGs. Their games that need constant battling to lv up. But the great thing is that all races can have all classes. So if one wants a change of pace, they can.

Back