Who Believes In (a) God?

Catnip

Auto-Haste
Veteran
Gil
I don't. Which is why I have been assigned to interview at least 2 people who are faith based. SO YAY A SURVEY AND ETC. I'm not here to judge you. I respect that other people believe in different things. It's actually sort of cool. It's something that can really separate two people who may seem the same.

Anyway. Long answers are not necessary, but they are also not discouraged. Answer the following however way you want, and go along with what you feel or know.

1. When and how did you become Catholic/Christian/other faith?

2. Has the Catholic Church/other church faith changed during your lifetime? How?

3. How does being Catholic/Christian/other faith affect your day-to-day life?

4. What important contributions do you think the Catholic Church/Christian/other faith makes to your community and to the world?

5. Which of the Church's/Christian/other faith symbols and ritual celebrations are most important to you?

I ask FFF because a lot of you seem to have good ideas or a lot of knowledge in stuff in general. You have strong opinions and that's what I'm looking for.

I've attended Church for as long as I can remember so I would say that I've been a Christian all my life. I believe what characterises one as a Christian is the faith in Jesus Christ as the Son of God which I've always believed.
2. Has the Catholic Church/other church faith changed during your lifetime? How?
No. Christianity doesn't change. The faith is based on the reference given to us from the use of the Bible. People change, the religion stays the same as it's always been.
It influences the moral decisions I make on a day to day basis entirely.
4. What important contributions do you think the Catholic Church/Christian/other faith makes to your community and to the world?
Western Civilization has been shaped around Christianity and I strongly believe that many of the moral teachings in the religion are still inherent in the majority of people in our society, albeit the faith having gone. It's almost like a trickle down system. For example:

Why can't I commit [x] if I don't get caught? etc...
5. Which of the Church's/Christian/other faith symbols and ritual celebrations are most important to you?

The faith is the most important thing. There are theologians who argue that in Christianity one would only need genuine faith to reach the kingdom of Heaven.

Aside from a "Do You Believe in God?" thread, I didn't see another like it in content. But this does belong in a more religious section.

*Thread Moved to The Sleeping Forest, Religious Debate*

Born and raised in a Catholic nation. I wasn't converted or anything, I just decided to follow the faith of my parents.

Are you asking whether the way the church runs has changed? or has the faith? Sorry, couldn't figure out which one was really being asked here.

But anyway, a.) I moved to the US when I was 13, so the way the church operates is definitely different. The faith never does: of course, there are only certain tenets of Catholicism that I adhere to primarily so a lot of other ideas can change and I'd probably not care about them. :wacky:

Certain teachings, like "Do unto others what you want done unto you" guides the way I talk to other people...at least in real life. :hmmm:
I take a lot of the "Love thy neighbor" sayings pretty seriously for some reason.

Oh, in my little village/town/community whatever, the church organizes a lot of activities that help out the people here. Great organization. (y)
My church engages the youth to do community work and develop a sense of community within the families here.

None. They all deserve respect.

Back