[VOTING] I've come up with a new Christmas recipe! (2019)

Dionysos

Βρεκεκεκὲξ κοὰξ κοάξ
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Veteran
Gil
Shiva Snowflake
Carlos el Cactuar
Chocobo Egg
Accessory (Arms)
Build-A-Member
Accessory (Head)
FFXIV
Polyphemos Bromios
FFXIV Server
Moogle
Free Company
KupoCon
tfg9RIP.png

I've come up with a new voting thread!
People have come up with their new recipes (and Ignis has jotted them all down and stolen them). It is finally time for us to vote for our favourite FFF Christmas recipe for 2019 (and early 2020)!

Please do not vote for your own entries.

---

FFF's Recipes:

Recipe 1:

Name of dish: Ignis' Day after Christmas Hangover Breakfast

Photograph:
IMG_4609.jpg

Recipe: Did you drink too much at Christmas dinner to keep from throttling your relatives? No worries. Ignis has you covered. This light combo of toasted bread and butter is sure to soak up that alcohol in no time.

Ingredients:
  • 1 slice of bread
  • 1 tbsp butter

Instructions:
Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add bread and toast to desired crispness on each side. Eat!

---

Recipe 2:

Name of dish: Buffalo garlic chicken dip

Photograph:
Buffalo garlic chicken dip -.jpg

Ingredients:

• 1/2 4oz cream cheese
  • 3/4 cup shreeded cheddar cheese
  • 3 small cut up chicken tenderloins
  • 1/2 cup roasted garlic peppercorn
  • 1 tablespoon lemon extract
  • 1/2 cup buffalo hot sauce mild
  • 1/4 cup garlic tangy honey sauce

---

Recipe 3:

Name of dish: The Perfect Cup (for Christmas)

Photograph:
1577684905917.jpeg

Recipe: It’s not about finding the single best ingredient. It’s about crafting that perfect blend of meat, egg, and shrimp. That harmony of flavors is key.

Ingredients:
  • 1 Christmas Themed Cup Noodles
  • Behemoth Round
  • Glimmering Zu Egg
  • Karlabos Carapace

Instructions:
  • Prepare Cup Noodles as instructed on packaging
  • Prepare desired meat(s) for the cup (Or all three for the ultimate flavor experience!)
  • Combine meat(s) with Cup Noodles.
  • Serve with a cold bottle of Wiz’s Energizing Elixir

---

Recipe 4:

Name of dish: Cup of Rancid Coffee (FFXI)

Photograph:
HyLsxyE.jpg

Recipe:
A foul-smelling coffee brewed to resemble a morbol's drool. It is unusually sticky, much like a sweet nectar.

Ingredients:
  • 1 coffee
Statistics:
Stackable: 12
Food Effects: (3 minutes, All Races)

---

Recipe 5:

Name of dish: Artemicion's Upside Down Christmas Tree Cheesecake with Kupo Nut Topping

Photograph:
IMG_4639.jpg

Recipe: Nothing says Christmas dessert like creamy green cheesecake for one (or share if you're feeling generous).

Ingredients:
  • Sour Cream
  • Cream Cheese
  • Butter
  • Almond Flour
  • Cinnamon
  • Powdered Sugar
  • Vanilla Extract
  • Green Food Coloring
  • Kupo Nuts!

Instructions:
  • Whip the sour cream and set aside. Whip together the cream cheese and butter. Add the vanilla extract, sugar and green food coloring. Fold in the sour cream.
  • In a saucepan, toast the almond flour and finely chopped kupo nuts over medium heat for 2-4 minutes. Add melted butter, powdered sugar and cinnamon and stir until combined. Press the mixture into the bottom of a serving glass, reserving some to sprinkle over the top of the cheese cake.
  • Pipe the cheesecake into the serving glass on top of the crust. Sprinkle with mixture and more kupo nuts if you'd like. Chill for several hours in the fridge before enjoying.

---

Recipe 6:

Name of dish: Death by Mog

Photograph:
20191231_191412.jpg

Recipe: Being naturally jolly critters who sing and laugh and play, nobody keeps Christmas better than moogles! Why not absorb some of their spirit by eating one? You'll become a Scrooge if you don't!

Ingredients:
  • 200g unsalted butter
  • 100g sugar
  • 300g plain flour
  • Icing sugar
  • Water
  • Food colouring
  • Icing colouring pens
  • Snowflake sprinkles
  • Your happy face

Instructions:
  • Put on a festive apron and hat
  • Heat the oven and prepare it as you would when making shortbread
  • Mix together the butter and sugar, roll the dough and cut it into shapes as you would when making shortbread
  • You need to cut shapes for one large shortbread (the base), one medium (the head) and four small (the pom pom, ears and nose)
  • Bake for approximately 15 minutes as you would when making shortbread
  • Remove to a safe location and let them cool
  • Mix the icing sugar with water and blue food colouring and plaster the base shortbread to create a blue background
  • Position the face, ears and pom pom on top of the blue background
  • Mix more icing (keeping it white) and plaster the face, ears and pom pom
  • Position the nose on top of the face in a roughly central position
  • Apply white icing to the nose
  • Using icing colouring pens apply finer details (black for the eyes, mouth and pom pom string; red for the pom pom and nose)
  • Add snowflake sprinkles to create a wintery backdrop for your happy moogle
  • Do a happy moogle dance
  • Eat it, but then realise that you have created a multi-layered shortbread mountain
  • Hate yourself for the rest of the day for being an idiot
-

I thank all of you who entered. It was a busy time of year for everyone so I really do appreciate all entries!

Happy voting!

I love everyone's entries! ^_^

Especially the toast and coffee. The both are perfect to go along with each other... though maybe not so much if the coffee is going to make your hangover worse! :blink:

That Buffalo Garlic Chicken Dip 👌 I'm not a fan of the 'buffalo' flavors but this actually looks really appetizing and I would absolutely eat. Not sure how it's FF/Christmas related though, maybe I should just substitute the Chicken with Chocobo instead! :britt:

The Perfect Cup - Where does one get a hat so tiny? More importantly - Zu eggs are out of season where I'm at right now, so maybe when it's in season I'll try this! Can't go wrong with a Cup of Noodles though! This post has been sponsored by Cup Noodles

Artemicion's Upside Down Christmas Trees - Love the presentation! (Though the green reminds me of Halloween, so I didn't connect the Christmas trees right away.) I appreciate a good looking, and presumably good tasting, dessert too, though unfortunately I am allergic to Kupo Nuts 🥺

I voted for you, Death by Mog! To me, It's by far the most Christmasy looking, looks appetizing and is also well displayed. 😊 I'm not sure I could even bring myself to eat it! (But I would, as I am no Scrooge! :mokken:)

I hope you guys all continue to do & participate in the recipe contests, I think they're so much fun!

As a side note, I totally try and guess who made what. I'm curious who made certain entries this time!

I just think that everyone should vote based on what you're most likely to consume first thing in the morning. Most of that stuff would be terrible for you, going against your diet. Remember bread = carbs. Sugar = fat. Anything with meat means the murder of some innocent, fluffy creature.

RESULTS:
1st Place:
Death by Mog - by Dionysos

Prize = 5 CT + 5 GP

Joint 2nd Place:
Buffalo garlic chicken dip - by Soulcorruptor
The Perfect Cup (for Christmas) - by DaggerTribal
Artemicion's Upside Down Christmas Tree Cheesecake with Kupo Nut Topping - by Ilyena

Prize = 3 CT + 3 GP

The Naughty Step:
Cup of Rancid Coffee (FFXI) - by sly

Prize = 1 kick up the backside

Why?

Please do not vote for your own entries.

why sly is naughty and needs to be punished severely.png

:ahmed: Oi!
I hope your cat eats your dinner.

Despite this punishment, sly shall receive participation prizes (1 CT + 1 GP), as will Ilyena for her second entry (Ignis' Day after Christmas Hangover Breakfast).

Prizes will be dished out soon.

-

We didn't get many votes in the end but I'm happy with the participation over the Christmas period anyway. I am very grateful to all who entered!

Also...

Ringo eating.png

I think this should be interesting if Ringo doesn't change his name and flee for good.

Until next time!

Back