Βρεκεκεκὲξ κοὰξ κοάξ
I've come up with a new voting thread!
Please do not vote for your own entries.
Name of dish: Ignis' Day after Christmas Hangover Breakfast
Recipe: Did you drink too much at Christmas dinner to keep from throttling your relatives? No worries. Ignis has you covered. This light combo of toasted bread and butter is sure to soak up that alcohol in no time.
- 1 slice of bread
- 1 tbsp butter
Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add bread and toast to desired crispness on each side. Eat!
Name of dish: Buffalo garlic chicken dip
- 1/2 4oz cream cheese
- 3/4 cup shreeded cheddar cheese
- 3 small cut up chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 cup roasted garlic peppercorn
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- 1/2 cup buffalo hot sauce mild
- 1/4 cup garlic tangy honey sauce
Name of dish: The Perfect Cup (for Christmas)
Recipe: It’s not about finding the single best ingredient. It’s about crafting that perfect blend of meat, egg, and shrimp. That harmony of flavors is key.
- 1 Christmas Themed Cup Noodles
- Behemoth Round
- Glimmering Zu Egg
- Karlabos Carapace
- Prepare Cup Noodles as instructed on packaging
- Prepare desired meat(s) for the cup (Or all three for the ultimate flavor experience!)
- Combine meat(s) with Cup Noodles.
- Serve with a cold bottle of Wiz’s Energizing Elixir
Name of dish: Cup of Rancid Coffee (FFXI)
A foul-smelling coffee brewed to resemble a morbol's drool. It is unusually sticky, much like a sweet nectar.
- 1 coffee
Food Effects: (3 minutes, All Races)
Name of dish: Artemicion's Upside Down Christmas Tree Cheesecake with Kupo Nut Topping
Recipe: Nothing says Christmas dessert like creamy green cheesecake for one (or share if you're feeling generous).
- Sour Cream
- Cream Cheese
- Almond Flour
- Powdered Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Green Food Coloring
- Kupo Nuts!
- Whip the sour cream and set aside. Whip together the cream cheese and butter. Add the vanilla extract, sugar and green food coloring. Fold in the sour cream.
- In a saucepan, toast the almond flour and finely chopped kupo nuts over medium heat for 2-4 minutes. Add melted butter, powdered sugar and cinnamon and stir until combined. Press the mixture into the bottom of a serving glass, reserving some to sprinkle over the top of the cheese cake.
- Pipe the cheesecake into the serving glass on top of the crust. Sprinkle with mixture and more kupo nuts if you'd like. Chill for several hours in the fridge before enjoying.
Name of dish: Death by Mog
Recipe: Being naturally jolly critters who sing and laugh and play, nobody keeps Christmas better than moogles! Why not absorb some of their spirit by eating one? You'll become a Scrooge if you don't!
- 200g unsalted butter
- 100g sugar
- 300g plain flour
- Icing sugar
- Food colouring
- Icing colouring pens
- Snowflake sprinkles
- Your happy face
- Put on a festive apron and hat
- Heat the oven and prepare it as you would when making shortbread
- Mix together the butter and sugar, roll the dough and cut it into shapes as you would when making shortbread
- You need to cut shapes for one large shortbread (the base), one medium (the head) and four small (the pom pom, ears and nose)
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes as you would when making shortbread
- Remove to a safe location and let them cool
- Mix the icing sugar with water and blue food colouring and plaster the base shortbread to create a blue background
- Position the face, ears and pom pom on top of the blue background
- Mix more icing (keeping it white) and plaster the face, ears and pom pom
- Position the nose on top of the face in a roughly central position
- Apply white icing to the nose
- Using icing colouring pens apply finer details (black for the eyes, mouth and pom pom string; red for the pom pom and nose)
- Add snowflake sprinkles to create a wintery backdrop for your happy moogle
- Do a happy moogle dance
- Eat it, but then realise that you have created a multi-layered shortbread mountain
- Hate yourself for the rest of the day for being an idiot
I thank all of you who entered. It was a busy time of year for everyone so I really do appreciate all entries!