Top 10 Final Fantasy towns

zone

Gil
I've been a big fantasy fantasy fan since my first play though of Square's number VII instalment of Final Fantasy when I was younger, and during that time I've seen many magnificent towns and cities in the series. When playing through the games, those were the safe havens to the vicious beasts on the outside world, and I believe many FF fans will share the same thoughts.

Anyway here's the top 10 Final Fantasy Towns that I believe to be the best in the series. Most of these areas are memorable and hold a lot of nostalgia. Join me as I countdown my top 10 final fantasy towns thus far. This tribute should bring back some memories. Hope you enjoy.

What's your favourite favourite and memorable ff town? Let me know. :)

Oh man. This really made me want to replay FFVIII.

Favourite towns? I love Esthar from VIII, I love the Shumi village as well, and Galbadia is one of the coolest looking FF towns ever. Pretty much everywhere in VIII is really great.

I always thought Cleyra from IX was a really pretty town, too bad what happened to it, and I have to say I loved Ipsen's castle. I don't think it counts as a town but it was really cool going round trying to figure out everything.

It's strange, I love X but I can't really think of any of the towns there that I really loved. I would have loved to see Home before it was destroyed, I bet it would have been awesome.

Also, can you love a town simply for the background music? If so, Dying World from XIII-2 gets my vote too.

You know, I would have said Midgar from FFVII as my favourite town without a second thought, but, really thinking about it, apart from Aerith's church, and Wall Market... it hasn't got much going for it apart from an instantly striking design.

I'd have to go with Alexandria or Black Mage village. The latter, in particular, is full of so much charm and character that you can't help but fall in love with it.

I love the towns from FFIX, specially Alexandria, Lindblum and Treno everything about them is great (design, music, etc.) and I love talking to the NPC's :)

I am most certainly biased (what with X being my favorite) but Besaid and Kilika are effin awesome. I can't think of the name, but Zell's home town has a nice feel to it for me as well.

A few of my favourites:

Midgar (FFVII) - certainly not a pleasant place, but a very memorable one.
Winhill (FFVIII) - I have a soft spot for the sleepy, quiet towns in FF games and this is maybe my favourite of all of them. The ghosts of the past hang heavy here as well and it gives the place a haunting quality.
Esthar (FFVIII) - amazing design, gorgeous to look at.
Conde Petie (FFIX) - hilarious residents, funny and charming location in a relentlessly funny and charming game. Plus you can get Vivi and Quina married here XD

Back