Veteran
Gil
Warrior
Bomb
Cactuar
Tonberry
Ultros
Don Corneo
Okay, who remembers this absolute bomber of a series?!!! My God the first 5 or so games were so gooooooooooooooooooooooooood and then it fell to shit.

I swear -- this game is either an example of "how much is too much" or "how a company can run something into the ground".

Tell us all about your time with THPS; was it the soundtrack that hooked you in? The diverse list of moves you can do? The fact it carried the revived wave of Skateboarding prevalent in the noughties?

DISCUSS

I remember them but I don't think I ever owned one. I had a friend who used to bring them round and we used to love the soundtrack (or some tracks anyway).

One thing I remember is that I was woeful at the game itself. I wasn't all that keen on skateboarding though (I'm not a sports kind of guy even if its grungey 'cool' sport like this) so for me I tended to just want to have a laugh with the game but I can't remember much about what I did on the game to find it funny. I think I vaguely recall some cheat codes to get massive heads and there were a variety of fun modes in the game which encouraged exploration and messing about with the environment, I think. Unless I'm getting that bit mixed up with that other skateboarding game I also played called Thrasher.

May I ask what reminded you of this? Are you planning on doing an Adamstream of it?!

The first one I played was THPS 4, and I was hooked. And on top of that, I used Rodney Mullins, for some reason, and when you finish it with him, he has, by far, the best montage. The flat ground stuff he can do is incredible. I still watch the video sometimes for fun. But doing all the missions at all the different levels was a lot of fun and challenging in some cases too. I played Project 8 after that, and that was a solid game as well. I didn't play any beyond that one, and from what I'm reading, I guess I didn't miss much.

The soundtrack is excellent too. Hearing all the 90's grunge and early 2000's alternative was fantastic. I remember downloading (aka pirating!) some of those songs back in the day because I liked them so much.

The games were fun, but I suppose there's not much more you can expand on them after a few games. Maybe change the dynamics and interaction with how you do some of the moves. Like if you had it on Wii and did motion controls to simulate moves, or something like that. But if the gameplay stayed the same, then the only difference was characters (which mostly are all the same to use) and the levels (which can be cool), but it would be redundant overall.

I know most people have already seen this but we haven't posted it in the thread yet.

I think Adam has magic powers. Please wish a remake of Croc: Legend of the Gobbos into existence too. Thank you. :)

Back