The School of the Wolves (part one)

Stephen had left the small extension of the library some time ago and was currently walking around school with the Girl he simply reffered to as nut. the pair were walking and talking, joking happily, when a boy strode over to Stephen glaring at him "get away from her" he announced causing Stephen to smile "Say what?" Stephen questioned "go away Kieran, im not interested" She announced before the boy had time to reply.

"you have to be though, im the best fighter the school has seen in a l. . . " Kieran's sentance was interupted by Stephen punching him in the face with such force it knocked him out "yea, course you are, if you were the best fighter in school, then you would have blocked that and gave me an ass whooping, your a wanna be. . ." Pausing for amoment Stephen realised the boy was unconsious "not like you heard anything i just said though, your unconscious"

OOC: Sorry i aint posted in a while, i got a new GF and she is highly time consuming.

Ryan was half asleep in his own world thinking when several sudden thoughts came to him.

"Ah I got a great idea", Ryan said loudly standing up with a start. Sam was gone and Yui was in the corner reading and had just looked up at Ryan. Ryan was wondering where Sam had gone but guessed he had wondered off to go to class or something while Ryan was out in thought.

"You got an idea?" Yui said cutely making Ryan nod blankly.

"Yeah I just thought up a unique idea, we could make a bounty board", Ryan said excitedly.

"Hmm that would be a good idea", Yui said calmly before swapping over to the seat next to Ryan.

"Hmm yeah, we would make the posters and such after other gangs provided us with the ransom and the fee for putting the bounty up then we would put it on the board. Whenever it be capture or defeat the people can look at the board for jobs and do them and get paid and you wouldn't even know who paid you for the work", Ryan said smiling.

"A neutral exchange", Yui quoted and Ryan nodded.

"Yeah that coupled with the information broking and we should be set", Ryan said smiling.

"...did real good kid" Mason suddenly awoke, dragged over ole' black mountains shoulder.

"Ugh, the hell happened!?"

Speaking pained Mason and his forehead ached tremendously

"You took the business end of a bat, rounding a corner down the hall. That's going to happen here..."

Was he being carried to the nurses office? Mason had little strength with which to resist, though it didn't seem like he was a bad guy at all. There was supposedly a level of reassurement in being carried by a complete stranger someplace. They were probably going to have to come up with an alibi for the nurse or something.

"Listen freshman, the nurse's office is a little overcrowded. Folk's 'round here are a bit overzealous when it comes to breaking in freshmen. You're nearly a wolf. I personally, want to see you in the freshman rumble, but you'll be introduced to that later on today. You gotta' get some rest right now dude, and I know a nice quiet place where you can."

Darryl Maynard, the current Big Black Buddha of the Armored Black Heap burt through the doors of the library guiding a stumbling and still disoriented Mason. Baseball bats to the head tend to wear him out.

"Alright, I don't care who's territory this is, I just need a quiet place for a promising freshie! The rest of the Heap is gonna' comp you for any troubles 'kay?"

"Damn", thought Mason. "Is this guy gunna' rape me or something?"

Nut giggled at what Stephen had done and said before she walked off "well, i care about my lessons, so im gonna go" She informed Stephen before going. Smiling Stephen turned and walked the other way, as he walked he saw freshmen getting in fights with the older kids all over the place and remembered his freshman purge and of course his freshman rumble.

He was one of the four winners of his Freshman rumble, and during the purge, he took a couple of beatings that ended in a couple of cracked ribs. the Nurse suggested he didn't take part in the rumble, but he didn't listen to her and took part anyway. During the rumble there were a few moments he thought he wouldn't make it through the round, but somehow he managed it.

BBRRRRIIIINNNNNGGGG!!!

"Holy shit what period is it!?"

Mason had awoken with the jump of his life. Was it even physically possible to lift oneself into mid-air from a completely supine resting position? The question, didn't matter, only the fact that he'd done this and wished in the back of his mind that there was somebody was around to to record and post such a moment on youtube. He was resting on a busted and plaid plated patchwork couch. The 70's had called for their and had yet to recieve it. Mason managed to roll onto the ground from the couch, bumping his head again, while rolling on the floor in agony.

If the entire library didn't know that he was here by now, well...

Greenman here again kiddoes. The first day back is drawing to a close, so you know what that means... Incidentally, any freshman that thinks that they can fight needs to report to the gymnasium in ten minutes. Your assistance is needed immediately. Greman OOOOOOUUUUUUUWWWWWWWTTTTT!!!!"

"Fuck!"

First impressions among authority figures was something that was important to Mason. His mother had taught him from before his scrapping days that determined how the rest your time together would turn out. He had hardly met his teachers, aside from the special meeting held for him getting into the school on such short notice. The first time that he'd ever been in class invvolved him knocking some dude through a locked door, which is definitely not a way to make a good first impression on the faculty; and he needed the faculty on his side because getting on and along here would be so much easier.

There was no use in in resisting the call. He'd found it hard to anyway. But so far (and this is the thing making Mason somewhat nervous and excited), Greenman's intercom announcement's had only led Mason into trouble, which for him involved a bat to the face and possible property damage fines. The gymnasium wouldn't be difficult to locate at all. There were lines of freshman being led there (though sometimes in groups) by upperclassmen.

Many of the upperclassmen were friendly now, apologetic, and more than willing to reconcile. For most, the supposed Freshman Purge had merely been the following of tradition. Apparently, the meet inside the gym had garnered an air of excitement.

Cardboard signs were duct taped to the walls, preceding the double doors to a fairly sizeable basketball court. The signs read (crudely) "All freshmyn to the court". Following his classmates, he'd come to the realization that with the freshmen class hunched together and the upperclassmen on the benches, they very well coud've been walking into a set-up. But they better just straight up murder Moose, 'cause he was planning on kicking all of their asses anyways.

Stephen had made his way to the Gym, hw was now sat on one of the benches towards the back of the bleechers looking down on the basketball court, just one year earlier he was looking up at the older kids wondering what the hell was goin on, and now it was his turn, he stood up and walked down to the Cd player, and checked over the array of CD's they were using this year for the rounds, nothing to good, although he did notice a meat loaf bat out of hell CD. "Feel sorry for the kids leftin that round man, they are gunna be knackered" Stephen muttered to himself with a smile before he turned around andheaded back towards his bench, before the freshman rumble began.

Ryan had his notebook out and was tapping his pen against the side of it, Ryan was near the side door to the gym leaning against a wall. Yui was sitting next to him on an unoccupied bench reading a book and trying not to attract attention to herself. Ryan on the other hand was waiting for things to start off so he could get some information.

"I didn't think you the type to like this sort of thing", Yui mumbled calmly making Ryan smile.

"I don't, I wouldn't come to this unless I had a good reason and this time it's information, my mind works in an interesting way allowing me to figure out lot's of data from simply watch a fight", Ryan explained calmly before looking up at the high roof. "Man I need a hobby", Ryan mumbled to himself annoyed.

"Why don't you try reading?" Yui said offering Ryan a novel from her bag but Ryan shock his head.

"I do read plenty as is I mean a hobby to occupy both my body and mind, I mean I'm a good fighter and everything but I want something that also allows me to use my mind enough", Ryan continued before sneezing.

"Bless you", Yui said as Ryan wiped his nose with a plain hankie from his pocket.

"Well looks like things are about to start."

Stephen looked on as the Freshman began preparing, he was contemplating starting his own crew in school, but then again, his title of 'a lone wolf' did take some getting, people would think he was an idiot for starting a crew, but he decided against it, looking around, he saw listkeeper proped up against a wall "then again, i could join one" he muttered as he stood up and jogged over to him.

"Hey listkeeper, i was just wundering, because im using your Crew's HQ as a pad, then maybe i could join you guys, would be good to have an affiliation when rew wars start up and shizz, maybe you could use some more muscle" Stephen asked politely, which was a first for him.

The intercom crackled to life again sending an agonizing wave of feedback to everyone in the room.

The voice was deep and booming in and of itself.

"...This is Brick speaking, Fivefall's number 1. Welcome to the freshman rumble. Here are the rules and so-help-me-god if I find any of your asses cheating. The rumble is going to go like this... We play music and you all kick each others asses until the song is over. We haul of the losers. You take a one-minute breather and then we play music again. This rumble goes on until there are only a handful of you still standing... unless you want to go some more. You can not use weapons, cause we'll come in and take you guys out ourselves for being such a damn cheap-shot."

He paused for a moment, gaining his breath.

"You freshmen may be wondering why you're really doing this. The answer is obvious... The winners rule your class. The winners have the power to rule their own group. Don't you want to be a winner? Thought so. This is your last chance to wuss out. Once you're in, there's no leaving until you lose."

Seven Students sprinted towards the door after a somewhat awkward pause.

"Our first song is "Nitro" by Dick Dale"

The entire freshman class erupted in an explosion of violence. Mason charged into the fray with a flying kick.

Dies was sitting in her respective chair staring blankly at the blackboard. It was totally quiet in the room, ehich wasn't surprising. The teacher wassn't even here and the rest of the class had skipped class. While Anne Cassandra and Mary sat around occupied with at least something to do, namely read, sleep and knit, Dies did not have anything. Bored out of her head, she shot straight to her feet and headed out.

Goin for a walk. Be right back. Take my bokken with you if i dont come back.

All three turned their heads to their friend. There was hardly anything called a "walk" with Dies. It almost always ended with someone lying in a heap on the floor.

Ah...well...be safe...Dies

With a lazy backwards wave at them, Dies swayed out. She had no particular destination on mind, but every year, her body subconsciously moves towards the gym during the freshman purge. It was just ion her nature that fighting draws her to it. Music boomed through the doors, meaning it had started already. It didn't matter though. At least that means it is in full swing already. As she walked in, Dies spotted the usual spectators around. Seeing a small group by the wall, Dies walked over, staring absentmindedly at the fight, before hoisting herself onto a horse vault.

God...i'm bored....

Dies couldn't help but mutter this out loud. After all, the freshmen rumble did look interesting and there were several in there that looked strong. Her blood began to boil.

Gotcha!

A random fellow freshman hit the ground with a sloppy right cross. Mason had gotten the the start, 4 K.O.'s, a black eye, and a bloody nose. Upperclassmen watched mainly from the bleachers, a motley combination of amusement, nostalgia, and (more horrifically) boredom. Resenting them would, be easy going for the average person. For the average person. There wasn't an average soul present in the gym.

And then there were upperclassmen who looked at the battle with a twinge of jealousy in their eyes. To be able to test one's strength against that many, and without the pretexts of alliances! Mason couldn't escape the flying fists, and feet, and elbows. Few places had Mason felt so alive... or infuriated. Catching the knuckle of sombody caught him off guard was a problem where he was, which is to say, the heart of the brawl. There were too many tight packed bodies as such to grant him any more than a couple of inches of space. Lack of space subtracted from manuevering, and thusly from power.

A certain curiosity had consumed as to how far his power would take him.

Years of fighting experience took pause as Mason dipped low for a tackle. He'd given into sheer frustration, and followed his instincts. Which he realized moments after. A rookie mistake like that could cost him, when he was trying at least to make it to the next round.

Back