Advent Children The Best/Funniest Line In Advent Children?

Arisu-Usagi

雅-izm
Gil
What line in Advent Children do you think is the best/the funniest? Please give some explanation as to why. ^^

I liked it when Vincent walked by and said, Know where I can buy a cell phone?, some time after Marlene made fun of him for not having a cell phone. It expresses Vincent's personality so much. Even when he's funny he maintains his emotionless demeanor. He's so great... *dreamy sigh*

Cloud - Sorry, I'm a delivery boy now.

From the AC Extras -

Vincent to Cloud - Tell Yuffie to stop calling me. This is my phone and she has no right to call it.

I love that line too! Though, I took it as undeniable Yuffentine proof. Heh heh.... Plus I tought it was pretty hilarious when Aeris was asking Cloud who he wanted to forgive him. She can be so mean sometimes, lol.

even though it wasnt a quote i like how loz says "you meanie" and denzel says "you son of a bitch"

Loz: "Don't speak about Mother that way!"
Yazoo: "Apologize!"
Rude: "Yeah, sorry..."
Reno: "Your ma's cool.... WHAT THE HELL AM I SAYING?!"

:P Loved the Reno moments in AC. xD

Marlene:"Why can't you ever pay any attention to us?"
Yuffie:"Who's been messing with my materia?!"
Cloud:"Not interested."
Kadaj:"So what if i'm a puppet? Once upon a time...you were too."

Cait Sith to Yuffie:
"Lassie, shut yer gob!"

I was pleased to hear Cait Sith talk... At least for a few lines. Having him yell at Yuffie was pretty comical to me really.

I just think it is a shame he didn't say much else apart from that for the whole movie.

Vincent: Know where I can buy a cellphone?
Loz-You meanie
Reno- Mother, schmother, It's Jenova's friggin head!...Your ma's cool... what da hell am I saying?!
Cid- You want off, then jump, I don't care, get off my back
Yuffie-Sexist!SEXIST!
Yuffie-Cloud's a royal pain in the ass, like always

I don't know if this counts but it is on the Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Dics... I just can't think of where at the moment.

Vincent leaves cloud a message and part of it says...
"Oh, and tell Yuffie that this is my phone and she has no right calling it."

"I think I lost some weight, all that dilly dallying."

So um, is this just badly translated from Japanese cos I'm sure the original line was "Phew, don't go in Seventh Heaven's bathroom for a while."

I liked the line in Advent Children Complete where Marlene did the Barret impression

Marlene: HOW YO SUPPOSED TO TAKE CARE OF US IF YOU CANT TAKE CARE OF YOSELF?

(or something like that)

Yuffie: "That Cloud, a royal pain in the ass"
Cid: "You want off? Jump."
Yuffie: "Sexest!!"
and finally, Reno: "Common Cloud, your our friend arent cha?" then cloud kicks the door

Damn, that's another reason why I'll be laughing at that scene in future. Eh my other word for snickering is censored? Ok.. lol.

A few more that always have me laughing.
Sephiroth: OH! Where have you found this strength?
^^I know the line's probably wrong, it's just the way he says "oh" that cripples me.

Sephiroth: On your knees, I want you to beg forgiveness
edited: thanks One-Winged Angel :P Dunno how I got that wrong.

My head and the gutter should really split up, they're not good for each other.

Last edited:
the correct line is:

On your knees, i want you to beg for forgiveness.

Anyways, i completly forgot about the "You came, even though you're about to break" one, it's so hilarious, even more considering that it is said by Aerith TO cloud

Tifa: "They're our Friends!"

It always seemed morphed to me XD She sounds like she'd having an out of body experience. The actress truly needed to work on this line a little more.

Marlene: "You don't have phone?!"

She sounded pissed XD

Barret: "Whaddup, fool! It's Barret."

Oh god....the Mr. T referencing will never stop now :randompoke:

My personal favorite is this little gem from Sephiroth "tell me what you cherish most, so i can take it from you" just proves how evil he is. funniest had to be Reno "come on Cloud your our friend arentcha?" lol delusion

Cloud: Too bad. I'm only a delivery boy now.
:wacky: Seriously this always cracked me up! Not to mention it has always given me a vibe of this other CGI movie >Shrek< :funnyface:

(This includes ACC quotes too-hope that's okay x3)
Cid: "You want off? Jump."
Marlene: "How you s'posed to look after yo family if you can't even look after yo'self!? At least, Daddy says so."
Tifa: "Which is it, our memory or us?"
Reno: "Rude! You and your big mouth!"
Reno: "Oh, Rude, you're alright!" Rude (dangling of the edge of the helicopter): "Yeah, I'm just peachy."

Or basically anything that comes out of Reno's mouth >.>

Last edited:
Back