Tent bug

domx

Gil
Hi dears ! I've a problem for quite some time. When I use a tent in the world map it does not fully recharge HP and MP of the characters, there must be a BUG ; It's the same when they rest in the inns, I don't know.... it is Annoying...( I'm playng FINAL FANTASY IX PC STEAM VERSION ) .

Last edited:
Not a bug - that's just how it's meant to be. I don't remember the same thing happening at inns, but I haven't played in a long time so could be wrong on that.

It's frustrating, but what can you do.

Yeah. Not a bug. In FFIX the Tent only restores 50% of your HP/MP. I guess (quite depressingly) to mimic how people are rarely ever 100% rested in real life after taking a nap after a hard day. If you want full HP/MP then you'll have to use a couple of Tents.

Alternatively, if you use a Tent during a battle it does restore more HP/MP (full, in most cases I believe) and inflicts negative statue effects on your enemies. I don't understand the logic behind the latter, but it is neat to know. Perhaps if you are aware that a battle is coming to an end within a few strikes and you know you'll need to heal afterwards, it might be good to use your Tent in battle. If you time it right, you might avoid getting hit afterwards and will then be fully healed and no longer needing a Tent on the World Map.

In some Final Fantasy games Tent might fully restore HP/MP, but that hasn't consistently been the case. Variants in other games have included Sleeping Bag and Cottage which restore different amounts, so it really depends on the rules of each individual game.

Yeah. Not a bug. In FFIX the Tent only restores 50% of your HP/MP. I guess (quite depressingly) to mimic how people are rarely ever 100% rested in real life after taking a nap after a hard day. If you want full HP/MP then you'll have to use a couple of Tents.

In alternativa, se usi una tenda durante una battaglia, ripristina più HP / MP (pieno, nella maggior parte dei casi credo) e infligge effetti di statua negativi ai tuoi nemici. Non capisco la logica alla base di quest'ultimo, ma è carino da sapere. Forse se sei consapevole che una battaglia sta per finire entro pochi colpi e sai che dovrai guarire in seguito, potrebbe essere utile usare la tua tenda in battaglia. Se scegli il momento giusto, potresti evitare di essere colpito in seguito e sarai completamente guarito e non avrai più bisogno di una tenda sulla mappa del mondo.

In alcuni giochi di Final Fantasy Tent potrebbe ripristinare completamente HP / MP, ma non è sempre stato così. Le varianti in altri giochi hanno incluso Sacco a pelo e Cottage che ripristinano quantità diverse, quindi dipende davvero dalle regole di ogni singolo gioco.

Si. Non è un bug. In FFIX la tenda ripristina solo il 50% dei tuoi HP / MP. Immagino (in modo abbastanza deprimente) imitare il modo in cui le persone sono raramente riposate al 100% nella vita reale dopo aver fatto un pisolino dopo una dura giornata. Se vuoi HP / MP completi, dovrai usare un paio di Tende.

In alternativa, se usi una tenda durante una battaglia, ripristina più HP / MP (pieno, nella maggior parte dei casi credo) e infligge effetti di statua negativi ai tuoi nemici. Non capisco la logica alla base di quest'ultimo, ma è carino da sapere. Forse se sei consapevole che una battaglia sta per finire entro pochi colpi e sai che dovrai guarire in seguito, potrebbe essere utile usare la tua tenda in battaglia. Se scegli il momento giusto, potresti evitare di essere colpito in seguito e sarai completamente guarito e non avrai più bisogno di una tenda sulla mappa del mondo.

In alcuni giochi di Final Fantasy Tent potrebbe ripristinare completamente HP / MP, ma non è sempre stato così. Le varianti in altri giochi hanno incluso Sacco a pelo e Cottage che ripristinano quantità diverse, quindi dipende davvero dalle regole di ogni singolo gioco.
Capisco Ora ... capito. Grazie mille.

Alternatively, if you use a Tent during a battle it does restore more HP/MP (full, in most cases I believe) and inflicts negative statue effects on your enemies.
Tents in battle inflict negative status on the party. I don't know if they also hit the enemy, I've only ever used one once and then learned my lesson. Best to avoid doing that.

Tents in battle inflict negative status on the party. I don't know if they also hit the enemy, I've only ever used one once and then learned my lesson. Best to avoid doing that.
I also read somewhere that Beatrix ( with Beatrix mod ) does not recharge with tent or something more....this could be a bug ! :)

I also read somewhere that Beatrix ( with Beatrix mod ) does not recharge with tent or something more....this could be a bug ! :)

i Will recruit Beatrix when the Hildagarde III be available. The mod works like this.

You're right. I just looked into it again. Tent when used in battle is quite unpredictable. It does fully heal the party, but the status effects are random. Sometimes they are inflicted on enemies and sometimes they are inflicted on the party. I think I only used it a few times and was luckier than you. It's all down to chance.

In that case the safest option would be to use two Tents on the world map instead of one.

I recall the negative effects being poison, silence and darkness normally - it works on some enemies like Gismaluke on Disc 1, and is best used at the start of the battle OR while you're trying to steal the Ice Staff from him during it. From what I remember as well, when the negative effects hit in battle the dialogue involves something along the lines of "bitten by the [poison], [silence], [darkness] snake", presumably in reference to encounters with snakes while camping outdoors.

For what it's worth, tents cost 800gil to buy and in the field only tend to restore 60% of the party's health and MP. Inn's cost 100Gil normally and tend to be widely available - with notable exceptions being during the Blue Narciss travels early Disc 3 and the Forgotten Continent journey which doesn't give you anything other than access to Moogles for Tents. Unlike similar segments there are no Inns or healing springs available to the party in there or the Desert Palace.

I have absolutely no idea regarding how the Beatrix mod might work as I've never used it. :)

Back