Build-A-Member
Accessory (Head)
FFXIV
Polyphemos Bromios
FFXIV Server
Moogle
Free Company
KupoCon
One of several things shown at the TGA last night was Tekken 8.

Well, a teaser anyway.

They've also revealed a few character models.

Paul is now looking like the Paul of our times, I guess, after the past few years. Quite a change!
FjhF14VXoAAWSOJ

Will anyone here likely be getting this game at any point? I know we used to play Tekken Tag and Tekken 7, etc, together a few times, so this could be good.

Paul looks ugly af.

Heihachi is confirmed to be dead. But seeing Kazuya came back to Tekken 4 after he was missing in Tekken 3 anything could happen.

It seems like Jun appears only on flash back. Not in the current storyline.

Since the story focuses on Jin and Kazuya, Devil Kazuya could be the final boss. Could be the return of Devil Kazuya.

I'll definitely be getting Tekken 8 if/when it finally comes out, but in saying that I don't think Tekken 7 lived up to its potential. It felt more of a resting ground for brand and developer collaborations than it truly felt like a title invested in completing its story arc. I was disappointed if I'm honest.

My one wish for Tekken 8 is to see more unique and interesting offline modes and they definitely need to develop their customisable hair textures and styles (along with pretty much everything in there customisations - Tekken 7's customisations were just lazy :cautious:). They might also benefit from expanding on their online offering too, because although it's always fun to play against real people, going with the same modes as every other title would be stale in the PS5 era.

Also yeah, Paul Phoenix is definitely looking the worst for wear, can't believe I'm saying this, but his original Jedward-esque hairstyle suits him much better than this washed up, ex-con look he's dedicated to now.

My one wish for Tekken 8 is to see more unique and interesting offline modes and they definitely need to develop their customisable hair textures and styles (along with pretty much everything in there customisations - Tekken 7's customisations were just lazy :cautious:). They might also benefit from expanding on their online offering too, because although it's always fun to play against real people, going with the same modes as every other title would be stale in the PS5 era.

I've found the customisation for the past handful of Tekken games (if not all of them since customisation became a thing) to be more of a distraction than anything, despite being a fantastic idea with a lot of potential. Some of the costumes that you can purchase with your in-game currency and customise can be great. I put effort into making the characters remain true to themselves whilst wearing either unique costumes to that character, or a collection of shared items that can still be customised to look cool... But then I'd load up online mode and I'd be confronted with characters with fairy wings, tutus, sunglasses, and hairstyles that make them completely unrecognisable.

And while that is fine—since people want to use the mode differently and there's no harm in it if that's what they want—I very rarely encountered a player using a character that looked anything like the character themselves. Sure, that is online mode and is to be expected. It'll be fine offline, right? No. The offline modes also use pre-loaded bot versions of the characters that have also been customised, usually in a similar zany (but also often tiresome) fashion. If the offline mode could have remained untouched by this then I would have been okay with it.

As for online modes, I do hope they could restore Team Battle Mode. I miss being able to form a team of eight characters in an elimination game. As a child playing Tekken 2, that was pretty much the only mode I ever played. I have fond memories of playing with my granda, and it became my go-to mode in the franchise from then on when playing with other people. And since 'other people' these days realistically means online, I really do hope that they restore Team Battle Mode for Tekken 8.

I've found the customisation for the past handful of Tekken games (if not all of them since customisation became a thing) to be more of a distraction than anything, despite being a fantastic idea with a lot of potential. Some of the costumes that you can purchase with your in-game currency and customise can be great. I put effort into making the characters remain true to themselves whilst wearing either unique costumes to that character, or a collection of shared items that can still be customised to look cool... But then I'd load up online mode and I'd be confronted with characters with fairy wings, tutus, sunglasses, and hairstyles that make them completely unrecognisable.

And while that is fine—since people want to use the mode differently and there's no harm in it if that's what they want—I very rarely encountered a player using a character that looked anything like the character themselves. Sure, that is online mode and is to be expected. It'll be fine offline, right? No. The offline modes also use pre-loaded bot versions of the characters that have also been customised, usually in a similar zany (but also often tiresome) fashion. If the offline mode could have remained untouched by this then I would have been okay with it.

I was more referring to the quality of the actual graphic textures themselves, which can be really rough especially for things like custom hairstyles (the resolution seems to vary wildly between custom hair models and the default which seems to flow and appear much more natural. Since the customisation mode is pretty much the only way to spend the in-game currency (which acts as the game's only explicit incentive), then it's important to get the graphics and range of what they're offering correct - having endless re-skins of t-shirts, or the same three outfits but this time coloured gold, is in my book lazy. I personally don't care at all about how people customise their character, I just think they should be given plenty of options to pick from when they've paid a hefty price for the game along with DLC packs (just to be able to even play their main/full roster of characters) and then the cherry of PS+ membership on top to even access the other 75% of the game they initially bought. So good quality hairstyles and a bit of effort into a better range of costume design is, in light of all that, a pretty small ask.

One of several things shown at the TGA last night was Tekken 8.

Well, a teaser anyway.

They've also revealed a few character models.

Paul is now looking like the Paul of our times, I guess, after the past few years. Quite a change!
FjhF14VXoAAWSOJ

Will anyone here likely be getting this game at any point? I know we used to play Tekken Tag and Tekken 7, etc, together a few times, so this could be good.
Hello. I am new to Tekken and installed the game 20 min ago. I wanted to check out the online part but when I click on Online I instantly get "A communication error has occured" every single time I click on online.

I checked the forums and while it seemed especially the PS4 version had problems at the beginning, I haven't read anything about the PC Version with the current patch and the fact that im getting that error before I'm even able to join a game at all.

I appreciate any type of help.

Back