Star Ocean: The Last Hope PS3 gets anime box art

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
xmskug.jpg

Square Enix has released the official box art for Star Ocean: The Last Hope International, a sci-fi role-playing game coming to PlayStation 3 in February 2010. You’ll notice immediately it’s completely different from the Xbox 360 version and looks like it’s trying to appeal more to otakus rather than the typical western gamer; the game’s two main heroes — Edge and Reimi — are shown as anime characters.

I’d say the box looks pretty damn good, but you’re buying the game, you be the judge.

156vdwz.jpg

Source: scrawlfx

I was kind of hoping to have the CGI characters, but I like anime art too, so I'm fine with it ^^

To be honest, I think that looks a little tacky...the background doesn't fit the anime artwork, and I prefer the CGI artwork. But then, I think that boxart is only for the US...

I quite like it :gonk: I've always associated anime covers with RPG genre games so I thought it was a step up from the 360 version, or at very least the colour scheme is much better D: I'm the other way around, I prefer this version to the CGI 360 cover D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back