Star Ocean: The Last Hope International official North American site launches [1/26]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
SO4I-Site-Launched.jpg

Square Enix has decided that it’s time to kick off the Star Ocean: The Last Hope International marketing wagon, placing ads on several sites and opening the game’s official site.

As of now, there’s only a trailer to be seen. There’s anime artwork of Edge and Reimi on the left and right sides, respectively. Check it out below.

Star Ocean: The Last Hope International

Source: ScrawlFX

That "Take Command", "Choose Your Path", "Forge Your Destiny" quote makes me laugh for a small reason, probably because I know SO4 won't be really like that- as it's Mass Effect 2's job.

It looks like I'll have to wait a bit before buying this game. I'll need a new PS3 first, then FFXIII, then some other PS3 games higher up my list, then perhaps download a few things from PSN. By that time I would have used up a lot of money.

It is amusing and certainly seems over exaggerated to say the least :wacky: If Final Fantasy XIII was accused of linearity then this certainly is, there's no "forge your destiny". You have your characters, some join through the story and you fight your way to the end of the game. There's nothing as complex as "forge your destiny" in there :wacky:

the ps3 game is like the same one as 360 but more add ons,but it doesnt make much of a difference.you are almost careless about this announcment wheter you have and passed star ocean on 360.just an advice...

Still waiting on the additional characters, then...how very irritating.
I agree that the site is somewhat exaggerating things a bit: asides from a few private actions, which are extremely limited when compared to other Star Ocean games, there isn't any destiny-forging or path-taking to be done...its still a very good game, though.

Meh, it's advertising. I'm sure there's plenty of examples to cite about advertising not being all that accurate to the product in question. It's all about making the product more appealing.

I already planned to buy SO4 once it was announced for the PS3 and since I never played the 360 version 'cause I don't have the corresponding system, I have no qualms about there being not much difference in the PS3 version *shrugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back